Slam Dunk 2018

LRDJ

What stage do we think Twin Atlantic will be on? Hoping to watch them this year but also hoping there aren't any bad clashes with them. Also for the Leeds day which venue relates to which stage never been to Slam Dunk Leeds before? Is the main stage in millennium square or the first direct arena?

27 minutes ago, moams said:

What stage do we think Twin Atlantic will be on? Hoping to watch them this year but also hoping there aren't any bad clashes with them. Also for the Leeds day which venue relates to which stage never been to Slam Dunk Leeds before? Is the main stage in millennium square or the first direct arena?

They'll either be on main or headlining the stage Tonight Alive headlined last year I think.

Millennium Square is the main stage for Leeds, the First Direct Arena is the ska/Bowling For Soup stage. All the other stages are less than a minute from Millennium Square, and most are within the festival walls.

Edited by LRDJ
  • Upvote 1

On 04/03/2018 at 1:03 AM, LRDJ said:

They'll either be on main or headlining the stage Tonight Alive headlined last year I think.

Millennium Square is the main stage for Leeds, the First Direct Arena is the ska/Bowling For Soup stage. All the other stages are less than a minute from Millennium Square, and most are within the festival walls.

Cheers, hoping as they were announced as 'special guests' they'll be on the main stage. Have you ever had a problem with not being able to get to a stage? Assuming as some of the stages are inside they will have a limit on the amount they let inside. 

14 minutes ago, moams said:

Cheers, hoping as they were announced as 'special guests' they'll be on the main stage. Have you ever had a problem with not being able to get to a stage? Assuming as some of the stages are inside they will have a limit on the amount they let inside. 

That's why I think they'll be on main too tbh but it wouldn't surprise me to see them headline a stage, Slam Dunk like to put a lot of the biggest bands as stage headliners to try and make people buy tickets to multiple dates.

I've never had a major problem with getting to another stage but you can be queueing for about 10 minutes, so if there's a band you really want to see it's worth getting to the stage at least 15 minutes before they're due to play just to make sure you're not still queueing outside. If some bands overlap and you stay for the whole of the first band on, you might be a bit late seeing the second one because there do tend to be queues once a band starts as everybody expects to be able to waltz in as they begin.

• Like 1

Any chance of Patent Pending? Thought they were great fun when they supported Waterparks last night.

Also, what's the site like at Hatfield? Leeds is too far for me to bother and with Birmingham being the Monday this year I'll have to do Hatfield if I cave and buy a ticket.

2 hours ago, Jericode said:

Any chance of Patent Pending? Thought they were great fun when they supported Waterparks last night.

Also, what's the site like at Hatfield? Leeds is too far for me to bother and with Birmingham being the Monday this year I'll have to do Hatfield if I cave and buy a ticket.

PP were great a few years back - opened the ska stage.  Would be happy to see them again.

Hard to comment on the Hatfield site, as it's moving from the university to Hatfield house this year. 

3 hours ago, Jericode said:

Nice that you checked them out! I know the Patent Pending guys, I asked them and they said no.

As for the Hatfield site, to echo Gary, it is hard to comment, however the festival size is going to be HUGE in Hatfield. I was going to go but got put off by the size. When Slam Dunk Midlands moved from Wolverhampton to NEC I found the first year at the NEC awful, it was too big and the organisation was really bad. Second year was better, but to get from one side of the site to another was a trek. 

Hatfield now is only going to be worse, depends who you want to see and if you think you will possibly be crossing stages a lot.

Ahh that's a shame, I only found out looking them up after the show yesterday that they played Swansea last year which is close for me but they weren't on my radar at the time. Picked up their covers album at the show and it's brilliant. Will definitely check them out if they come to Wales/Bristol again. Any ideas on future tour plans?

5 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Ahh that's a shame, I only found out looking them up after the show yesterday that they played Swansea last year which is close for me but they weren't on my radar at the time. Picked up their covers album at the show and it's brilliant. Will definitely check them out if they come to Wales/Bristol again. Any ideas on future tour plans?

Well it's always good to get new fans! It's good that they are playing to crowds who don't know them well; the Waterparks shows are a fresh audience for them. Their plans are to write a new album and come back at the end of the year for a full album tour so keep an eye out!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Arun1910 said:

Nice that you checked them out! I know the Patent Pending guys, I asked them and they said no.

As for the Hatfield site, to echo Gary, it is hard to comment, however the festival size is going to be HUGE in Hatfield. I was going to go but got put off by the size. When Slam Dunk Midlands moved from Wolverhampton to NEC I found the first year at the NEC awful, it was too big and the organisation was really bad. Second year was better, but to get from one side of the site to another was a trek. 

Hatfield now is only going to be worse, depends who you want to see and if you think you will possibly be crossing stages a lot.

Have they given any idea of what the Hatfield site is like. Hard to gauge on a map. Had a friend who has never been ask me but I said it was a new site. Like you probably not going this year as I have other plans. Any idea if it is going to all be indoors, outside, mix etc?

1 hour ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Have they given any idea of what the Hatfield site is like. Hard to gauge on a map. Had a friend who has never been ask me but I said it was a new site. Like you probably not going this year as I have other plans. Any idea if it is going to all be indoors, outside, mix etc?

It'll be mostly outdoors.  It's a big stately home, so cannot see them using that.  They have massive gardens, so will be in there.  Hopefully no bleeding of sound between stages.

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

Might see Every Time I Die bu it depends on how the stage splits work and if JEW will be closing the North site

Aye really hoping Good Charlotte end up closing now so that I can see ETID after JEW, although I'm expecting some right shitty clashes as most of the acts I'm interested in will end up in the top few acts of each stage no doubt!

3 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

Not sure if we have a Fireball headliner yet...RBF only subbed it last year.

I would expect 8 acts altogether and so far this is what I have based on past years. Either RBF, Goldfinger and Zebrahead have each moved up a slot and we will be getting 2 more smaller bands, or like you said, we will get a different headliner. I don't really see RBF not being Headline material, they always have a huge crowd.

RBF
GoldFinger
Zebrahead
Capdown
King Prawn
Templeton Pek