Slam Dunk 2018

LRDJ

1 minute ago, foolee said:

We came as romans have just announced a tour in May. Does this make them more or less likely to play?

They have dates in Leeds & London so it probably rules them out.

Also according to their songkick they're playing in Switzerland in mid April, then the US in late April, over here in early May then back in the US in later May. No idea who organised that :lol:

On 23/01/2018 at 4:07 PM, LRDJ said:

Also this got announced today, I'd expect every band on here that's not already announced for Slam Dunk to be playing as well.

FB_IMG_1516723557420.jpg

Probably getting Real Friends and Can't Swim too then, not fussed by either.
I'd happily take Stand Atlantic though, they we're pretty decent supporting Roam in December.
Plus Kerrang have got their hands on them so they'll probably blow up this year.

14 minutes ago, jcarb said:

Probably getting Real Friends and Can't Swim too then, not fussed by either.
I'd happily take Stand Atlantic though, they we're pretty decent supporting Roam in December.
Plus Kerrang have got their hands on them so they'll probably blow up this year.

Real Friends have already been announced and Can't Swim have reportedly self confirmed. The rest do seem likely (though Woes have been announced for Download but they're quite small they'll get away with it) 

2 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Real Friends have already been announced and Can't Swim have reportedly self confirmed. The rest do seem likely (though Woes have been announced for Download but they're quite small they'll get away with it) 

I don't know why I completely overlooked that, shows just how much I really don't care for them aha!

I guess there is a possibility on Woes as they're small like you said.
Does Download make bands sign exclusivity contracts do we know?

3 hours ago, foolee said:

What are the chances of Billy Talent? In Europe in June with no UK dates announced. Haven't been announced for Download yet and won't play R&L as they played last year. Can't think of any other festivals in the UK they could play. 

I suggested this after seeing them on either the Download Paris or Madrid line up.
Could easily see them headline the sig brew stage that Against Me played last year.

5 hours ago, jcarb said:

I don't know why I completely overlooked that, shows just how much I really don't care for them aha!

I guess there is a possibility on Woes as they're small like you said.
Does Download make bands sign exclusivity contracts do we know?

Not sure what it was like last year but 2 years ago they shared a lot of the smaller bands with 2000 Trees

4 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Not sure what it was like last year but 2 years ago they shared a lot of the smaller bands with 2000 Trees

Nice, can see that they're announcing the first headliner on Sunday which I'm guessing they won't be sharing but hopefully some of the rest of the line up like you said.
Hopefully we'll get another SD announcement with it seeing to be festival announcement season at the moment.

I've been looking at tours ending in the next few weeks as to who could play, as they often wait for tours to end before announcing anyone.
There's At the drive in, but not sure they'd even play and if they'd be too big to play the stages they'd be suited to?
Don't know how to gauge their size tbf, so really don't know about this one.

And Mewithoutyou after the Paramore tour has finished, not sure if they'd even play also?
But they've only played two small shows in London for the [A - B] Life anniversary tour and could be one of the anniversary/full album slots that are usually booked, be it a strange one as it's usually a biggish pop punk album.

12 hours ago, Jack w said:

who we thinking?

Hoping for The Wonder Years and Set Your Goals Mutiny anniversary shows (still holding out hope though a full headline show would be better)
I really don't know who to expect other than those few I mentioned that I saw on Download Paris and Madrid posters aha!
So hopefully some good surprises!