Slam Dunk 2018

LRDJ

Just looking at the Download Paris/Madrid posters.
Thinking we could probs end up with a few of them, some might be a bit of a push though.
Also some of these I don't even know the size of currently so feel free to let me know what you guys think.

Moose Blood (Main stage?)
Thrice (Impericon?)
Underoath (Impericon again? Can't decide if they'd be too big as I predict Frank Carter to headline that stage. I just can't gauge them these days)
Hollywood Undead (I don't even know, Impericon/Key club stage? Rock Sound seem to love them generally so if they're a sponsor I can see them pushing this maybe? )
While She Sleeps (Impericon under Frank Carter?)
Billy Talent (Headlining what was the Sig Brew stage this year?)
NOFX (Headlining the Fireball stage?)

2 minutes ago, callum97 said:

Tbh was hoping for while she sleeps to be their this year but can't see a space for them as they are bigger than Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes. We haven't really had any metal bands announced yet have we? Also could mayday parade will be there?

Sleeps aren't bigger than Frank, I don't think. Surely guaranteed to be at Downlaod. 

NOFX and Billy Talent would make the clashes such a bastard. Fortunately I think neither will be there. 

25 minutes ago, callum97 said:

Tbh was hoping for while she sleeps to be their this year but can't see a space for them as they are bigger than Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes. We haven't really had any metal bands announced yet have we? Also could mayday parade will be there?

I did consider Mayday but thought maybe not if Download had them this year, I could be wrong and they play both though.
I just thought bands tend to do one or the other these days?

21 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Sleeps aren't bigger than Frank, I don't think. Surely guaranteed to be at Downlaod. 

NOFX and Billy Talent would make the clashes such a bastard. Fortunately I think neither will be there. 

I consider Frank to be bigger than WSS tbf, could be a very strong sub for Frank tbf.

I think the whole day is just gonna be one huge nightmare in terms of clashes aha!
I'm still pondering on the anniversary shows that could appear that seems to be a staple for the day, hoping for Set Your Goals Mutiny shows like I did this year aha!

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, jcarb said:

I'm gonna go ahead and predict that As It Is will be there also and probably be announced post their tour?
Download had them last year and they seem pretty fitting for the Key Club stage.

Sadly I agree.

On 04/01/2018 at 3:36 PM, DomDom1984 said:

Any chance of The Front Bottoms, or are they too big for slots that are open?

I think they could be there, they're only slightly bigger than Tonight Alive I think.

31 minutes ago, jcarb said:

I'm gonna go ahead and predict that As It Is will be there also and probably be announced post their tour?
Download had them last year and they seem pretty fitting for the Key Club stage.

Yeah they played it two years ago I think, with the new material they're certain sure.

11 minutes ago, foolee said:

When do we think the next announcement for this will be? Anyone remember last years announcements?

Last year the fourth wave with Neck Deep, Turnover etc. came on Wednesday 1st February, so probably in the next couple of weeks.