Slam Dunk 2018

LRDJ

On 28/11/2017 at 8:17 AM, jcarb said:

Maybe I'm thinking of 2016 when they were doing announcements every 2-4 weeks aha.
Aye, I'm thinking shortly after Good Charlotte's tour finishes seeing as they're pretty much nailed on to play by the looks of it.

Nah, it was also an announcement in November then the 2nd one in Feb for 2016 as well. Not sure on 2015 but I'm pretty sure it will be in mid Jan like the past two years. I think you're getting confused with the announcements closer to the end. After the one in Feb they tend to be doing them every 2-4 weeks filling it up with smaller acts.

15 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

I don't think Good Charlotte are nailed on at all. They'd surely take up one of the top 2 spots. 

But surely they'd be holding back until after their tour finishes next week?
Don't necessarily have to announce all the big acts straight away too, gotta keep the hype going I guess.

40 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I don't think Good Charlotte are that much bigger than Bowling for Soup or Neck Deep who headlined other stages. The Jager stage headline spot was my first thought.

Jager is the main stage ;)

Anyway I always had Good Charlotte down for headlining the Fireball stage (aka the Ska and old school Pop Punk stage) and none of the acts announced so far even fit that slot. 

I personally think theyre too big to headline one of the other stages, but even if their not, if you had Jimmy Eat World booked to headline, why would you book Good Charlotte to play at the same time as them? Makes no sense and is a waste of money and would piss off the punters, especialy older crowd who maybe don't always go or haven't been before who wouldve just seen JEW, TBS and GC on the poster. 

I think Good Charlotte are too big to play 3rd down and I dont see them having Taking Back Sunday 3rd down either, as they subbed what was one of the biggest Slam Dunks that theyve done in 2015. So I just dont see them being there at all.

Edited by Pop Punk Sucks

4 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

I personally think theyre too big to headline one of the other stages, but even if their not, if you had Jimmy Eat World booked to headline, why would you book Good Charlotte to play at the same time as them? Makes no sense and is a waste of money and would piss off the punters, especialy older crowd who maybe don't always go or haven't been before who wouldve just seen JEW, TBS and GC on the poster. 

I think Good Charlotte are too big to play 3rd down and I dont see them having Taking Back Sunday 3rd down either, as they subbed what was one of the biggest Slam Dunks that theyve done in 2015. So I just dont see them being there at all.

They do seem to be pushing Mega Tickets this year with those packages they're doing with hotels and travel included, would give people more reason to jump on board with that? (Though I'm sure they usually sell out of mega tickets? So doesn't make much difference I guess)
I think they'd fit the BFS slot pretty nicely myself and would probably help break up the crowds a little between stages.

14 hours ago, LRDJ said:

Do people think that TBS will sub? The announcement post certainly was pushing the fact they're playing with JEW.

I'd assume so, I don't think they'd put JEW and TBS on separate stages.
Seeing as TBS would more than likely have to headline the other stage.

1 minute ago, TheDux said:

Spoke to the singer of Cant Swim tonight after the Creeper gig and he said that they’re booked for Slam Dunk

Good.

I'm hoping to get 80% of my full prediction correct, so far the only band I haven't had is TBS.

On 08/12/2017 at 5:23 PM, Jericode said:

Facebook page is saying they're announcing another headliner. Presumably they mean for a different stage right? Or is there a chance they have different headliners on each day and they rotate?

It'll be another stage headliner, probably the fireball stage or the main pop punk one.

Having just seen Good Charlotte last week they still put on a damn good show, but I find it odd they've gone the co-headline route. Creeper and PVRIS I'd quite happily see for name value even though I'm not overly fussed on either. Frank Carter I'm seeing with Foos anyway so it's not as big a draw for me, the rest I don't really know a lot about so they aren't doing much to draw me in. Real Friends seemed a bit boring when I watched them support Neck Deep.