Slam Dunk 2018

LRDJ

I’ve long outgrown most of this kind of music, but Jimmy Eat World and Taking Back Sunday are two of my absolute favourites. If a few more I’m interested in get announced I could well be tempted by this. I’m assuming it’s not customary for headliner/big bands playing this to have their own tour dates as well?

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Good start for me with Jimmy Eat World, Taking Back Sunday and Four Year Strong. Heard good things about State Champs too so will have a listen. Sleeping With Sirens are much better live than the songs I’ve heard on record and think they’ll headline one of the other stages while Jimmy Eat World are in anyway. Now to decide what date to do. Has anyone been to all the sites and can recommend the best/favourite? Went to Birmingham last year as I live in the south west but it’d mean booking the Tuesday off work which I wouldn’t really want to do.

JEW, State Champs and DAY. Clash dependent I can only see me going

11 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Well turns out my mad theories were wrong but I like this announcement. Really happy with Four Year (hope they're headlining Key Club stage) and I'll see TBS, State Champ, JEW and Trash Boat is no one else is on. Good start :)

ur sigs wrong mate, don't think ur seeing brand new in 2017

6 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I’ve long outgrown most of this kind of music, but Jimmy Eat World and Taking Back Sunday are two of my absolute favourites. If a few more I’m interested in get announced I could well be tempted by this. I’m assuming it’s not customary for headliner/big bands playing this to have their own tour dates as well?

A few bands do other shows but these don't tend to be the headliners or bigger acts. Mainly the smaller bands and even then it's normally just like an extra date in London

5 hours ago, Gazza-2609 said:

ur sigs wrong mate, don't think ur seeing brand new in 2017

Tru

My friend has an interesting theory - he thinks that Brand New were originally booked to headline with Jimmy Eat World subbing, but because of the scandal they've been dropped, with another band being ushered in eventually (not yet). 

He thinks this because (as far as he's aware) there's been no actual statement saying Jimmy Eat World are the headliners, and if Brand New were to have been the headliner then it would explain why the announcement was just around their UK dates, and why this announcement had several "big" bands as opposed to just the headliner.

Interesting thinking, but I still think Jimmy Eat World will be the headliner.

12 minutes ago, LRDJ said:

My friend has an interesting theory - he thinks that Brand New were originally booked to headline with Jimmy Eat World subbing, but because of the scandal they've been dropped, with another band being ushered in eventually (not yet). 

He thinks this because (as far as he's aware) there's been no actual statement saying Jimmy Eat World are the headliners, and if Brand New were to have been the headliner then it would explain why the announcement was just around their UK dates, and why this announcement had several "big" bands as opposed to just the headliner.

Brand New and Taking Back Sunday on the same bill? Seems legit. 

29 minutes ago, LRDJ said:

Doubt Brand New were ever booked. The accusations again Jesse came out before Slam Dunk had said there would be an announcement. I know they announced the general festival before hand but only mentioned what day the announcement would be on this Sunday. They could have easily waited a few weeks to get someone to fill in the spot before announcing acts. Also Jimmy Eat World has been confirmed as the headliner. Was on social media that's for sure.

4 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Oh wait I think he was right. The original poster has leaked: 

3b209c01ee43879f4756ac66a93d49d6.png
https://gyazo.com/3b209c01ee43879f4756ac66a93d49d6

Where did you find this? This is amazing :lol: 

15 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Brand New and Taking Back Sunday on the same bill? Seems legit. 

I was genuinely thinking the same thing yesterday, I now don't think Brand New was booked at all if Taking Back Sunday were also on the bill.
JEW and Brand New on the same bill would of been perfect, pre the allegations of course aha

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, jcarb said:

When's the next announcement likely to be? Aren't they usually 2-4 weeks apart?
Guessing we're not getting one this week or they'd probably have announced something by now?

Probably the week after Good Charlotte finish their tour/the Sunday they do, so around the 3rd Dec imo.