Slam Dunk 2018

LRDJ

12 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

La Dispute, Touché Amore, Pup, Frank Carter, Creeper, Counterparts, Rolo Tomassi, Hacktivist, Rise Against, Sorority Noise, Puppy first come to mind

Hopefully topped by The Offspring

I'm expecting Frank Carter and Creeper tbf, along with The Wonder Years, Set Your Goals and The Story So Far.
Can see them booking Roam and unfortunately As it is as smaller bands.
Tbf you can usually use the songs that are played at the Slam Dunk club night as an indicator as to who plays but it can be super varied and I haven't been for a while as it's on a Tuesday.

13 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

They headlined the 4th stage (capacity wise at Leeds) last year. Have they really got that much bigger in the last 5 months? 

Even at the time people thought they were quite small to be headlining that astage, and since then they've had another succesful album and a relatively decent academy tour. Not sure about them headlining but I think they're a similar size to Don Broco so could have their slot from last year.

13 hours ago, Andre91 said:

ADTR are way too big. Neck Deep are probably big enough to headline now. 

I’m going for Brand New as their last UK shows.  

Would Brand New really do a festival for their last UK shows though? That just seems a bit weird imo....

Updated Potential Headliners:

Brand New - Fuck Jesse

Sum 41 - I'd be happy but some may say they're too small. Subbing instead?

Good Charlotte - Same as Sum 41 except I'm 95% sure they'll play where Bowling For Soup did last year.

You Me At Six - Repeat headliner who have lost a lot of traction since their last album released. Could still just about manage it.

The Offspring - Know nothing about them myself but lost of people throw them up.

Jimmy Eat World - My bet, they're around at the time and would surely prefer headlining here than second down second stage at Download.

Weezer - It's fun to imagine things.

A Day To Remember - Surely too big? There is a new venue for south though. Would go down a storm if they are booked.

Anyone major I've missed?

As for other stage headliners, if we're going based on the stages last year:

Monster (Pop-Punk) Stage: The Wonder Years

Fireball Stage: Good Charlotte

Key Club (Smaller Pop-Punk) Stage: The Front Bottoms

Signature Brew (Chill) Stage: Against The Current

Impericon (Heavy) Stage: While She Sleeps

BMTH deffo way to big, as are ADTR. Best for me would be Offspring or Rise Against but I'd agree with JEW being most likely. No chance of Brand New anymore.

As a curveball though, Korn or Limp Bizkit. Would be so much fun. Doubt either will happen unfortunately, though

Edited by Steve1000

6 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

As a curveball though, Korn or Limp Bizkit. Would be so much fun. Doubt either will happen unfortunately, though

Thought about putting Limp Bizkit but then laughed :lol:

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

All Time Low?

Touring in arenas in March and it's not selling well from what I've heard, this would be too much for them to take on I think.

14 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

BMTH deffo way to big, as are ADTR. Best for me would be Offspring or Rise Against but I'd agree with JEW being most likely. No chance of Brand New anymore.

Unless it's on GNR day I'd rather JEW did this than Download as it's easier to justify the price going.

13 hours ago, LRDJ said:

As for other stage headliners, if we're going based on the stages last year:

Monster (Pop-Punk) Stage: The Wonder Years

Fireball Stage: Good Charlotte

Key Club (Smaller Pop-Punk) Stage: The Front Bottoms

Signature Brew (Chill) Stage: Against The Current

Impericon (Heavy) Stage: While She Sleeps

Surely too much pop punk there across all stages? 
Can't see The Wonder Years being big enough to headline mainstage?
And isn't Sig Brew more punk influenced? Would love Alkaline Trio there but Matt probs isn't even thinking much about them with his commitments to Blink.
Other than those two I'd say there's a good chance of the others.
Maybe Sleeping with Sirens for Key Club? 

13 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

The only reason I don't think it will be JEW is because if Slam Dunk wanted them to headline they would have done so in the past. Might be wrong and I wouldn't rule out because of that but just don't think it's likely

In all seriousness though I have no idea who it could be but I reckon it'll be a surprise on Wednesday. Don't remember anyone correctly guessing the headliners in the past few years.

37 minutes ago, jcarb said:

Surely too much pop punk there across all stages? 
Can't see The Wonder Years being big enough to headline mainstage?
And isn't Sig Brew more punk influenced? Would love Alkaline Trio there but Matt probs isn't even thinking much about them with his commitments to Blink.
Other than those two I'd say there's a good chance of the others.
Maybe Sleeping with Sirens for Key Club? 

They're saying who could headline the other stages but though the genres and stage sizes aren't really set in stone. The 2nd stage was far more Pop Punk this year and it was probably to counter balance the heavier main and in previous years it's been the other way around.