Slam Dunk 2018

LRDJ

6 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

A Good Charlotte / Jimmy Eat World co-headline wouldn't surprise me, although I expect JEW at Download

Good Charlotte are on tour in December aren't  they? I don't think they'd wait that long to announce them to headline, which is why I think they'll play the arena stage, but then again it's completely sold out I think so they might not care.

On 01/11/2017 at 11:31 AM, Steve1000 said:

A Good Charlotte / Jimmy Eat World co-headline wouldn't surprise me, although I expect JEW at Download

Don't see them doing co headlines at all. Never done it before (I believe so anyway) and no reason to start doing it now.

57 minutes ago, LRDJ said:

I'm saying two weeks on Sunday (19th) is when they'll announce the headliner.

It'll probably be on a Wednesday to tie in with the current issue of Kerrang as it always has been, unless they're doing it with Rocksound then so whenever that comes out but reckon it'll be with Kerrang. I reckon it'll be either the 15th or 22nd 

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Biffy played the longer set and closed both sites. The only people that truly believe that FOB co-headlined are named Patrick, Pete, Joe and Andy. I'm not even sure Joe and Andy believe they co-headlined, they've always been the cool ones :P 

Don't think Andy cares about FoB anymore. I mean, he probably has fun touring and stuff but I reckon he hates the music so it may just big pay check to fund his other Hardcore side projects. I mean they're actually pretty good. Saw an Kerrang article saying "Check Fall Out Boy drummer vegan straight edge Hardcore band" with the tagline referencing Nails. Me and my mate gave it a listen expecting it to be crap but it was actually pretty solid and put their upcoming album on upcoming release radar. He is in another band called Enabler who are kind of similar and just as heavy. It's funny how these side projects are completely the opposite of FoB but I'm glad they exist as he's a outstanding drummer and I feel like he is wasted in FoB at the min

EDIT: Just out of curiosity I just checked on the new FoB track and the drums was the only good thing about it if that means anything

Edited by justanothername

47 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Social media just became active so announcement soon. Reckon in the next week or two...which is right around those Brand New dates and a perfect time to get caught up in the hype :ninja: 

The dream is still alive

9 minutes ago, jcarb said:

Until then we get to read all of the insane predictions/wishlists that people post in the comments.
Or is it just me that likes to do this for a few chuckles? aha

Are you in the UK Pop Punk group? It's actually insane who people think are getting booked/want booking, loads of people think it's gonna be something like A Day To Remember with Neck Deep, Jimmy Eat World, Good Charlotte and Don Broco also playing. Like come on. I honestly think Slam Dunk goers are the most hopeful for festival lineups, Download and Leeds/Reading have given up

Edited by LRDJ

6 minutes ago, LRDJ said:

Are you in the UK Pop Punk group? It's actually insane who people think are getting booked/want booking, loads of people think it's gonna be something like A Day To Remember with Neck Deep, Jimmy Eat World, Good Charlotte and Don Broco also playing. Like come on. I honestly think Slam Dunk goers are the most hopeful for festival lineups, Download and Leeds/Reading have given up

Well, Don Broco and Neck Deep Played this year so I can't see both doing it again next year. Something like this could work though:

ADTR / Neck Deep / Marmozets

Jimmy Eat World / One OK Rock

PVRIS

31 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Think they've missed the boat on A Day To Remember now. Too big now. 

I think they could still do it this year just about (especially as they wont be at Download again and I don't think they'll be booked for R+L given how many other better options there are)

1 hour ago, LRDJ said:

I've not seen those posts but they seem pretty entertaining too.
I'm meaning the ones on the Slam Dunk page itself which are insane if these people ever expect to even see some of these bands at all nevermind a few of them on the same year.
It'll be stuff like 
BMTH, Panic and ADTR with half of this years lineup there like Neck Deep etc.
I've seen a few suggestions for YMAS doing take of your colours in full, which is pretty much what they did when they played for the 10 year anniversary of Slam Dunk itself ain't it? aha

Oh if only festivals worked in the sense that you could post your dream line up on their build up to the line up announcement post and they booked those bands aha!

6 minutes ago, jcarb said:

I've seen a few suggestions for YMAS doing take of your colours in full, which is pretty much what they did when they played for the 10 year anniversary of Slam Dunk itself ain't it? aha

Oh if only festivals worked in the sense that you could post your dream line up on their build up to the line up announcement post and they booked those bands aha!

Yeah pretty much they did, they also said they're doing a tiny venue tour for it (sub 500 cap) so I sincerely doubt they'd do that and headline/sub a pretty big festival playing it too

Tbh, as long as they don't expect dozens of huge bands to play, a lot of the predictions/requests on the announcement post should be pretty accurate haha, you're almost certainly gonna see the majority of the pop punk bands who played Download last year but people want to play Slam Dunk every year without failure.

5 hours ago, LRDJ said:

I think I laugh more at the people hoping for Blink 182 and Green Day though I have noticed the top liked bands are all stuff from last year and while I'd love to see Sorority Noise and Seaway return I'd rather have someone different. 

Also who are people wanting to see play this year. Off the top of my head it would be Brand New as the headliners with The Wonder Years, The Story So Far, Slaughter Beach Dog, Title Fight, Touche Amore, The Hotelier, The Menzingers, Tiny Moving Parts, PUP and Joyce Manor scattered about. A few of those would do me good

Edited by justanothername

8 minutes ago, justanothername said:

I think I laugh more at the people hoping for Blink 182 and Green Day though I have noticed the top liked bands are all stuff from last year and while I'd love to see Sorority Noise and Seaway return I'd rather have someone different. 

Also who are people wanting to see play this year. Off the top of my head it would be Brand New as the headliners with The Wonder Years, The Story So Far, Slaughter Beach Dog, Title Fight, Touche Amore, The Hotelier, The Menzingers, Tiny Moving Parts, PUP and Joyce Manor scattered about. A few of those would do me good

I think the only band who should play every year is Zebrahead (as they do haha)

I'd be surprised if at least a good few of those weren't playing this year, personally I'd love to see Astroid Boys on the main stage, Basement, Knocked Loose, Wallflower, Loathe, The Story So Far, Four Year Strong, Such Gold and Columbus, and then some unlikely bookings like Spraynard, MxPx and Turnstile.

Honestly I'd love them to get Boys Like Girls back for one last time in the UK so I could see them live finally, even though I doubt anyone else would hahaha

50 minutes ago, LRDJ said:

I think the only band who should play every year is Zebrahead (as they do haha)

I'd be surprised if at least a good few of those weren't playing this year, personally I'd love to see Astroid Boys on the main stage, Basement, Knocked Loose, Wallflower, Loathe, The Story So Far, Four Year Strong, Such Gold and Columbus, and then some unlikely bookings like Spraynard, MxPx and Turnstile.

Honestly I'd love them to get Boys Like Girls back for one last time in the UK so I could see them live finally, even though I doubt anyone else would hahaha

I forgot about Four Year Strong. Would love to see them again :P
Also I'd like to see Spraynard and Turnstile. Just picked a few names off the top of my head and turns out I missed loads :lol: 

43 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

La Dispute, Touché Amore, Pup, Frank Carter, Creeper, Counterparts, Rolo Tomassi, Hacktivist, Rise Against, Sorority Noise, Puppy first come to mind

Hopefully topped by The Offspring

La Dispute & Counterparts would be great as well. Can't see Rolo Tomassi (touring in April anyway) and Sorority Noise played last year already when their album had come out so think the chance of them are slim. Even then I'd prefer to see them do a few headline shows over here instead of doing Slam Dunk again.