Won VIP Tickets - need a car park ticket

wozwebs

Had an email on Thursday to say I had won one of 25 pairs of weekend tickets to Kendal Calling from Amazon Music. Made up.

They have arrived and I have two weekend tickets and two Thursday tickets. Need a car parking ticket now though.

Can book online but it says only option is to collect it at the venue. Can't see how that will work as presumably I will need to park first then collect it from the box office.

Anyone else had VIP before? Not sure what it entails. Just says collect a VIP goody bag on Friday.

See you in the fields!

Edited by wozwebs

10 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

Cheers, yeah I know but £10 online and £20 at the gate but not paid for tickets so no worries if not. Thought it might be an e-ticket for car parking.

I didn't know that! Cheeky! The car park ticket is a hanger that hangs from your mirror. 

I had vip last year. It was an additional paper/plastic style wristband.  The only thing it got me was access to the vip bar which is behind Tim peaks diner. Was a nice chilled place next to the lake which had proper flushing toilets, some garden furniture to sit on and some inflatable Chesterfield settees in the bar. Didn't use it much as it was a bit of a trek from main stage 

Edited by qualiscouse
There was also a vip entrance next to the box office to save you queuing with general admision tickets

Good place for a relaxing drink if there's nothing that takes your fancy on stage or after the main stage closes. I know some of the artists use it as a chill out area for a drink after sets as well. Friends had a chat with seasick Steve last time he played and we are scientists

We got VIP a couple of years back thanks to a sponsoring company, when we arrived we showed them the email and tickets and parking was included. We even got Emperors field for free too. It may be worth contacting Kendal direct to check whats included as you may be lucky enough to get it all thrown in. 

The main bonus was having somewhere to chill out by the lake side and we got use of the fancy toilet company... to be fair we didn't use it much but we very much enjoyed Security Steve turning a blind eye to the fact we acquired the Kendal calling sign from the lakeside... (it's now in the back garden... mu ha ha ha ha)