BBC's The Biggest Weekend 2018

NickisGinger

8 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

So looks like Swifties are getting shafted by her being shoved into a sub spot again then, just like in 2015. Thrilled Flo is imminently coming back though.

Flo is so good though, saw her both at Glastonbury + Big Weekend in 2015 and liked it more than I thought!

10 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

So looks like Swifties are getting shafted by her being shoved into a sub spot again then, just like in 2015. Thrilled Flo is imminently coming back though.

Probably more that her people have only agreed to a short performance which would be criticised as a headliner. She only did 4-5 songs in 2015 to a backing track IIRC while touring a bigger production with a live band.

2 hours ago, Stuart1000 said:

Probably more that her people have only agreed to a short performance which would be criticised as a headliner. She only did 4-5 songs in 2015 to a backing track IIRC while touring a bigger production with a live band.

Really? 4-5 songs?

Edit: I’ve checked and she done 7. Was het set like 25 mins?

Edited by NickisGinger

For the sake of twenty quid each I bought tickets for the Sunday (had preferred the Saturday line up but that sold so quickly!). Not much on the line up that interests me (flo & Christine) but I'm hoping to find some fun. So is the consensus that none of the sets will exceed 30 minutes then?  And are tickets being issued or to prevent touting its all done via the payment card used?

2 hours ago, zico martin said:

For the sake of twenty quid each I bought tickets for the Sunday (had preferred the Saturday line up but that sold so quickly!). Not much on the line up that interests me (flo & Christine) but I'm hoping to find some fun. So is the consensus that none of the sets will exceed 30 minutes then?  And are tickets being issued or to prevent touting its all done via the payment card used?

I'm in exactly the same boat as you. It seems very pop heavy compared to previous years. I expected that to be the case on the main stage but not the other stage...

29 minutes ago, Owen4567 said:

I'm in exactly the same boat as you. It seems very pop heavy compared to previous years. I expected that to be the case on the main stage but not the other stage...

Yeah the mix isn't very good is it? Wolf alice and chvrches on the Saturday but what do we get? 30 seconds to mars and panic at the disco, not even cool retro stuff! And Belfast isn't even sold out!

9 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Tears For Fears have had to pull out of the Coventry show due to health concerns, but gutted as I was looking forward to seeing them. Very glad it wasn't LG or Stereophonics pulling out though! Any guesses who'll replace Tears For Fears?

Are they definitely being replaced? 

Other news, according to Biggest Weekend website, Stereophonics are first to play at 1pm, apparently.