BBC's The Biggest Weekend 2018

NickisGinger

Happy with those announcements. Hadn't expected Shame to be there as they're in Germany on both nights. Got to be playing early afternoon and must be getting a private jet in/out

Still more to be added. I'm still wondering if we are getting Arcade Fire or LCD. Surely Underworlds font size would be the same as Beck's (I know it doesn't always work that way) I think we may be getting 3 stages and Orbital and Underworld will headline the 2nd stage which leaves Beck and AF/LCD for the 1st stage. 

Pure speculation, mind.

p060lgny.jpg

Edited by DiscothequeDave

18 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Add in Glastonbury and R&L from last year and he’s pretty much covered all the major festivals over two summers alongside his own outdoor gigs. I wonder how long this hype will last, can’t see him selling at quite the same level whenever his next album is out. 

Is there any significantly sized festival this summer where either NG or LG isn’t playing?

3 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Happy with those announcements. Hadn't expected Shame to be there as they're in Germany on both nights. Got to be playing early afternoon and must be getting a private jet in/out

Still more to be added. I'm still wondering if we are getting Arcade Fire or LCD. Surely Underworlds font size would be the same as Beck's (I know it doesn't always work that way) I think we may be getting 3 stages and Orbital and Underworld will headline the 2nd stage which leaves Beck and AF/LCD for the 1st stage. 

Pure speculation, mind.

LCD are free on 26th, though it would mean them playing four consecutive nights.

10 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Surely Underworlds font size would be the same as Beck's (I know it doesn't always work that way) I think we may be getting 3 stages and Orbital and Underworld will headline the 2nd stage which leaves Beck and AF/LCD for the 1st stage. 

Pure speculation, mind.

p060lgny.jpg

I don't think Underworld's font could be any bigger as otherwise their name wouldn't fit in the column. Have Beck and Underworld actually been confirmed as headliners? It's a decent line up whatever. I'm surprised it hasn't sold out, especially considering the ticket prices.

On 3/9/2018 at 10:23 AM, DiscothequeDave said:

Pure speculation, mind.

p060lgny.jpg

I wouldn't read into the ordering of the bill at the minute, Father John Misty being furthest down on the Belfast poster and Sam Smith placed higher than Ed Sheeran in Swansea suggests it's all a bit random at the minute. 

• 2 weeks later...