BBC's The Biggest Weekend 2018

NickisGinger

It surprised me how difficult it was. I thought with myself and my group being as coordinated for this as we are for Glasto it would be a breeze. Took me a while to get Sunday but my friends failed to get Saturday.

I've also seen tickets are already being sold for £290. Ticket touts really are scum of the earth.

On 12/02/2018 at 7:20 PM, NickisGinger said:

Did anyone go to Hull last year and had a paperless ticket? What do they do? Scan phone?  Card?

They are the card you used to purchase your tickets with. That's what happened last year.

2 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

So what happens if your card expires in March?

You should have in the email you received, confirming your order, all the terms and conditions about your paperless tickets. There should be a message saying

''If you notice that your card will expire, or is replaced, before the event date please contact one of our customer services team when the new card arrives so that we can transfer your details at: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/h/help.html?tm_link=tm_homeA_ql_2
To ensure paperless ticketing operates effectively, we cannot transfer tickets unless the original credit card used to make the booking has expired.''

saying

If not this message on your ticket confirmation email, then try this link to contact customer services (https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/contact-us/) explaining clearly the event your attending (Biggest Weekend Swansea *INSERT DATE(S)*), and that your card will expire before the event date. They will then ask you for a new card which they can transfer the ticket confirmation details over to, which will then make that new card the ticket.

Keep me updated ;) 

Edited by WMWMOfficial

22 hours ago, WMWMOfficial said:

You should have in the email you received, confirming your order, all the terms and conditions about your paperless tickets. There should be a message saying

''If you notice that your card will expire, or is replaced, before the event date please contact one of our customer services team when the new card arrives so that we can transfer your details at: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/h/help.html?tm_link=tm_homeA_ql_2
To ensure paperless ticketing operates effectively, we cannot transfer tickets unless the original credit card used to make the booking has expired.''

saying

If not this message on your ticket confirmation email, then try this link to contact customer services (https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/contact-us/) explaining clearly the event your attending (Biggest Weekend Swansea *INSERT DATE(S)*), and that your card will expire before the event date. They will then ask you for a new card which they can transfer the ticket confirmation details over to, which will then make that new card the ticket.

Keep me updated ;) 

Yeah i read it, im sure it'll be fine. Knowing my luck ill probably snap the card and forget about this.

So Taylor Swift is playing close to where I have worked for 19 years. Its a dream come true. My mate bagged me a ticket for her day. I have lots of mates living in Swansea and two offers of accommodation so this is going to be a lot cheaper than my trip to Manchester two weeks later. Now then, the interesting bit is that the two days were massively oversubscribed. I was in Albufeira on Monday morning but I'm told it was like Glaso T Day......I know lots of people in work who are absolutely gutted that they coudn't get any tickets. The concerts made the main Welsh news on the day it was made official so it's a very big deal. half the population of Wales is already booked to see Ed Sheeran at the Principality Stadium the following month where he sold out FIVE FUCKING NIGHTS in half an hour or something like that  so there is even more interest in the Sunday event.One woman accused me of "stealing" her daughter's ticket as I'm already going to see Taylor in Manchester. I really wish Wolf Alice had been booked for the Sunday but I reckon there will be a whole lot more announced soon.

44 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

Feels like they've kind of just spread the budget for their usual Radio 1 Big Weekend and 6 Music Festivals over 4 cities rather than the 2 they would usually be hosted in.

I don't think any of them are due to be multi-stage events are they? 

I thought they would be considering swansea and coventry have a similar capcity level as normal big weekend. Also on the website it says like stage TBA

I'd have thought there are still dozens of artists across minimum two stages for all the venues - in Exeter there were three stages plus DJ bars.

The Beeb will know how this was going to sell and the radio one section was never going to be an issue.

The selection of bands tends to be across the spectrum so fingers crossed for some more rock.

3 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Swansea will definitely be two stages. No idea about the others tho I'd have thought Belfast will be too. 

I agree Arctics seem likely to pop up. 

Must be at least 2 stages at Belfast. Looking forward to some smaller bands to be announced soon. Pip Blom is supporting the Breeders on their tour so hopefully she'll get picked up for a slot. Definitely need something else on whilst Ash are on anyway.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

18 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Must be at least 2 stages at Belfast. Looking forward to some smaller bands to be announced soon. Pip Blonde is supporting the Breeders so hopefully she'll get picked up for a slot. Definitely need something else on whilst Ash are on anyway.

Have you heard Ash's new song? Shockingly bad. Tim won an Ivor Novello years ago. What happened?

35 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Must be at least 2 stages at Belfast. Looking forward to some smaller bands to be announced soon. Pip Blom is supporting the Breeders on their tour so hopefully she'll get picked up for a slot. Definitely need something else on whilst Ash are on anyway.

when they announced Underworld they said something about them completing the lineup so I dunno if anyone else is gonna get added