Pearl jam for Glastonbury

guypjfreak

So as some of you may know I sort of like pearl jam..

So I'm hoping that they will play Glastonbury in 2019...

So here's my plea to Mr E 

Make my dream come true and 

Get them on the pyramid stage 

For me and YOU.. 

I know Tis bad but hey ho lol.... Now Tis time for me to go.. G

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

So as some of you may know I sort of like pearl jam..

So I'm hoping that they will play Glastonbury in 2019...

So here's my plea to Mr E 

Make my dream come true and 

Get them on the pyramid stage 

For me and YOU.. 

I know Tis bad but hey ho lol.... Now Tis time for me to go.. G

Hell yeah!!! 

(or Other headliner or Friday's opener or Truth stage,  whatever, as long as they'll play:wub:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Did anyone see Eddie on his solo tour? I grabbed a few bootlegs from it and setlists were really good.

I been to the last show of his tour,  at Sicily, a day after Glastonbury. It was a long, emotional show in such a beautiful venue (and town). The setlist was great with a lot of covers that I love like Nick Cave's Ship Song, Cat Power's Good Woman and more. After Glastonbury and Eddie's show, my vacation couldn't go anywhere but downhill though:P

The bootlegs you mentioned, I guess they're not official (unlike Pearl Jam's), but how's their quality? 

6 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Did anyone see Eddie on his solo tour? I grabbed a few bootlegs from it and setlists were really good.

Yep saw him Hammersmith bloody amazing and e2p2 said emotional.. Nearly got kicked out for taking pics... Hell how was I to know that the flash was on lol.. 

E2p2 did you get to meet dimitris the Greek lol.. Bit of a legend on PJ ten club.. 

I'd love to be able to stand in the pyramid field and Take a bottle pass it around.. 

Edited by guypjfreak

12 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Yeah we went to Amo and London 1. Great nights. Eddie stage dived (fell) for first time in 25 years! The Sicily boots are amazing. Wish I'd fucked Glasto off and gone there instead. 

8 hours ago, e2p2 said:

:P

The bootlegs you mentioned, I guess they're not official (unlike Pearl Jam's), but how's their quality? 

Yeah sound good. I have the 27/5 and 29/5 Amsterdam. Got them off the Pearl Jam Ten Club page on facebook. Doubt they are still on there so if you're interested I can send if you want.

13 hours ago, Simpo said:

PEARL JAM

SUNDAY NIGHT

2 HOURS 15 MINUTES

EDDIE GIVES ME (front row) HIS BOTTLE OF WINE FOR A SLUG

THE WINE IS NICE

THROW IN NEIL YOUNG

MAKE IT SO

And out of those 2hr15 Ed will talk / mumble for 25. He'll make grohl look shy in comparison!!! 

Would LOVE this but Its never going to happen. They want too much money per show nowadays (look at prices for Ed solo and their previous tours here.) They barely tour nowadays, maybe  20-30 shows every other summer. And despite being a fan since 1991 and seeing them live dozens of times, no way are they big or relevant enough now to headline pyramid. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

E2p2 did you get to meet dimitris the Greek lol.. Bit of a legend on PJ ten club.. 

I didn't meet him. I know who he is as Im a lurker in 10c forums and in the facebook tour group. Legend indeed! 

1 hour ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Yeah sound good. I have the 27/5 and 29/5 Amsterdam. Got them off the Pearl Jam Ten Club page on facebook. Doubt they are still on there so if you're interested I can send if you want.

I had them too, thanx. I also have the one I've been to (Taormina II) but Im still searching for better quality. 

11 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Nearly got kicked out for taking pics... Hell how was I to know that the flash was on lol.. 

When there are numerous notices stating no photos, and the artist asks people not to take photos because it's distracting, and security are on standby to chuck out people who take photos... they're probably dropping a few hints somewhere.

56 minutes ago, fowls said:

When there are numerous notices stating no photos, and the artist asks people not to take photos because it's distracting, and security are on standby to chuck out people who take photos... they're probably dropping a few hints somewhere.

Ahh but in my defence 

A I was NOT taking pics of Eddie I wanted a pic of some blokes we'd met and we're drinking with 

B I definitely wouldn't want to upset Eddie 

C the security and I had had a laugh about this subject in the break before Eddie came on 

And 

D...... I WAS PISSED lol 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bump cos I can 

Plus 

Please watch trailer... Looks like I'll have something new to grab..... But look at that crowd..... Fuck who says pearl jam can't pull a crowd... Shit they rock.. 

Best biggest most real band around STILL.. IMO obviously lol

https://www.jambase.com/article/pearl-jam-teases-lets-play-two-live-release

11 hours ago, MrZigster said:

As ever, this has my support. They have demonstrably had worse headliners.

Maybe in four years time for the thirtieth anniversary of Ten?

30th anniversary? Good grief! This is reinforcing my belief that I have lost at least two decades, probably down the back of the sofa. 

On 7/24/2017 at 5:45 PM, Will-2609 said:

Probs my number 1 want for a Pyramid headliner along with Kendrick, now that Radiohead been n done it again. Give us those 2 + NIN on Other please Micky E.

NIN on Other but not at the same time as Pearl Jam! Holy crap what a clash!!