BlackHole2006

West Holts 2019

23 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'd say the thing you've noticed is less about West Holts specifically and pretty much applies in the same way to just about all of the less-mainstream stages/areas (tho of course with a slanting for personal tastes).

There's probably theories galore for why that is. 

Wait till you get to my age, when the acoustic stage you never looked at with interest for 20+ years gets more appealing with each festival. :P

The Acoustic stage lineup has always surprised me. Do all the acts always actually play acoustic, or should the stage be re-named as The Stage For Grey Haired People?

3 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

The Acoustic stage lineup has always surprised me. Do all the acts always actually play acoustic, or should the stage be re-named as The Stage For Grey Haired People?

I've never seen an acoustic act there and I think the last part nails it. :P

Tho they did - very weirdly - put Portishead on in there in around 1995.

I can't say there's much there even now that appeals to this old git - the missus keeps dragging me up there, honest :P - but the Moody Blues (who i've never been a fan of) were fantastic a few years back, and most of the other (less than 10) acts i've seen there have been quality, in a similar way to how West Holts has that higher musical quality.

Don't know if these guys have played before, but would love to see them here. New album Kin Sonic is pretty good as well

Just checked it was 2013, must have been around the time i made the bad decision to see Beady Eye, but the good decision to stay until the Hives.

Would have been great at The Gully, but i'm sure i must have been doing something else worthwhile at the time.

Hiatus Kaiyote just announced a small tour of 3 euro dates; plenty of time for them to get a new album out to grace the WH in 2019. Don't think they've ever played the G have they? Obviously quintessential West Holts band.

6 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Hiatus Kaiyote just announced a small tour of 3 euro dates; plenty of time for them to get a new album out to grace the WH in 2019. Don't think they've ever played the G have they? Obviously quintessential West Holts band.

Played twice in 2015. The West Holts slot clashed with Patti Boombatti and er I think I just forgot about the Pussy Parlure one.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Played twice in 2015. The West Holts slot clashed with Patti Boombatti and er I think I just forgot about the Pussy Parlure one.

Ah yes, right you are. I do actually remember being peeved to pull myself away from whoever was going to be on after Ibibio Sound Machine so that'll be why. Clearly whoever was on at the same time as Patti Smith didn't actually play though, because nothing else in the universe either mattered or existed during that set. Don't know where the Pussy Parlure even is, never look at the line-ups unless pointed there, for all I know I could've been right outside having a crap in the longdrops while they were on.

• Like 1