BlackHole2006

West Holts 2019

8 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

Phish would be amazing (though highly unlikely, have they EVER played a UK festival?)

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Yes.

They played Glastonbury in 1997.

i think they opened up the Pyramid that year didn't they? right before Echo & The Bunnymen?

here's a live picture from outside Madison Square Garden at moment - 13 nights...

phish-msg.JPG

8 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

Phish would be amazing (though highly unlikely, have they EVER played a UK festival?)

How about Joe Bonamassa? (Probably a bit pricey)

Yes

Just get Yes. I need some prog and why not West Holts? Maybe Steven Wilson or Josefine Ohrn?

Yes played 'West Holts' in 2003, although it was called 'One World' Stage that year.

They were given a 2-hr slot on the lineup 330-530pm (has anyone ever been given a longer set time in history on WH/Jazzworld?) but things were way way behind by time they got on and we got a shortened set cut in half i think. a great booking for that stage when you think of it (I remember Neil had them rumoured as possibly being the Pyramid sub for a while) but a bit of a waste to cut them back like that although I guess you wouldn't want the Jazz Jamaica All Stars (on next) to have to cut back on their set... Rick Wakeman must have been sweltering though. I remember it being so hot that day sun beating down on West Holts and he had more layers of prog rock star clothing on than anyone else had that weekend surely...

On 23/07/2017 at 5:46 PM, nikkic said:

Blow the budget and get on the phone to Grace Jones. 

Plus they need to get Toots involved and make sure they get there on time! 

Blow the budget? I think she turns up at the opening of an envelope nowadays! 

• Downvote 1

Doubt it would ever happen but i'd love to see Cliff Martinez bang out some the soundtracks from Drive/neon demon/only god forgives. Would love that with a light show late evening. 

14 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

How about Joe Bonamassa? (Probably a bit pricey)

Yes

Just get Yes. I need some prog and why not West Holts? Maybe Steven Wilson or Josefine Ohrn?

Could see Joe Bonamassa on the Pyramid, rather than West Holts. I could see him smash an early afternoon slot, with his legendary guitar playing. Had my fingers crossed for him to appear at the festival for years! If he did Distant Lonesome Train I'd be incredibly pleased.

14 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Meters still occasionally perform live with the full original lineup......

This would be a treat! ^_^

Other suggestions:

Alison Moyet could do a good job on WH. Regret not missing the start of Foo's for her now. 

Might be too soon for Songhoy Blues again (were ace on the Park), Amadou et Mariam could provide a good alternative!

12 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

We need this in 2019. 

forget about Chaka, and let's just have Bluey and the lads*/** instead.

(* and lasses)
(** © Gonzo)

What about Tower of Power? I've seen them live twice and put on a hell of a soul show!

• Upvote 2

would love to see Algiers high up on WH. i've rinsed their new one. might be my aoty. hopefully they'll get new music out first half of 2019 and tour conveniently around glasto 

My two pennies worth; would be magic :)

Get him booked Michael / Emily (please).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 23/07/2017 at 5:46 PM, nikkic said:

Blow the budget and get on the phone to Grace Jones. 

Plus they need to get Toots involved and make sure they get there on time! 

I managed to miss him not once but twice.

Walked into Heaven stage on Sat night/Sun am having left the Foos a bit early to hear 54-46 Was My Number playing.

Me: "Is that Toots and the Ma..."

Toots and the Ma...: "Thank you, goodnight!"

• Lemon Jelly are still 'on hiatus'. Would love to see them live again and West Holts would be perfect.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They're probably about the right size for headlining WH in this day and age.

I think they would be a god fit for Sunday night , Justice this year were amazing keeping it all dance on a Sunday would be awesome.

is it just me or does anyone else find that the older they get the more they ;Like West Holts?

4 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

is it just me or does anyone else find that the older they get the more they ;Like West Holts?

I'd say the thing you've noticed is less about West Holts specifically and pretty much applies in the same way to just about all of the less-mainstream stages/areas (tho of course with a slanting for personal tastes).

There's probably theories galore for why that is. 

Wait till you get to my age, when the acoustic stage you never looked at with interest for 20+ years gets more appealing with each festival. :P