Chester Bennington

JSmurphy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linkin Park were the first (and second) ever band I saw. If it weren't for that band I may not have got into live music, festivals and could be a very different person than I am today. Will be banging out Hybrid Theory this evening to celebrate his too short life.

As for many people my age, they were the band to take me from listening to Steps and S Club 7 into 'proper' music, which helped shape me into who I am today.

Just played Numb and ended up in floods of tears. Those lyrics are so poignant and haunting right now. 

RIP Chester. 

11 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

On Chris Cornell's birthday too. The two were close :(

Yeah with Weiland and Lemmy and Cornell it had struck me about how close knit the rock/metal community is so there'll be plenty still grieving that have been hit hard by this news too.  Awful stuff.

Edited by dentalplan

Chesters draws have closed. Very sad day for industry indeed. Just listened to Hybrid Theory loud in the car on the way. Chanting those words then gave me goosebumps. Gutted.

glad to have caught him at Download, sad he never stepped on Worthy Farm.

RIP

2 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

On Chris Cornell's birthday too. The two were close :(

Didn't he sing at CCs funeral.. 

He's left 6 kids and it's on CCs birthday so I guess he was still really fucked up over that... 

What is it.... The last few years have seen far too many talented people top themselves.. Tis not good. 

My best mate was well into Linkin Park. I never got them.

It is such a sad loss to his friends, family and fans.

Depression is an awful thing.

If you are down. Talk to someone. People do care. Being down, upset, crying or hurt isn't a weakness. 

Whether it's your family, friends or an internet message board. You will be surprised at how much people care about you. Talking can really help.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

So so sad. They were a big part of my teenage years. And 'Leave out all the rest' got me through some tough times. I don't have a connection with another song like I do that one. Such an awful way to go too. RIP Chester.

Edited by DropBeat

First band I remember properly going to see live with just friends. I must have been 16 I think. Jan 2008, supported by Biffy Clyro (who I remember being shit).

Linkin Park are a big step on my journey through music, going to gigs/festivals and discovering music that I like - not what I'm told to like. They weren't some legendary act, but for me, like others have said, they helped shape who I am today by being that first step into a whole new musical world.

So thank you Chester. Thoughts are with you and your family.