Sign in to follow this  
JSmurphy

Chester Bennington

Not strictly Glastonbury related. Listened to so much Linkin Park as a kid. Shocked. RIP. 

• Upvote 1

Linkin Park were the first (and second) ever band I saw. If it weren't for that band I may not have got into live music, festivals and could be a very different person than I am today. Will be banging out Hybrid Theory this evening to celebrate his too short life.

• Upvote 1

Fuck man :( Linkin Park were the band to really introduce me to heavy music. One by one watching my teenage years get trampled on. So sad. 

Terrible sad news . Wasn't a massive fan but in the end was a great track . Very sad for all his family friends band mates and fans 

As for many people my age, they were the band to take me from listening to Steps and S Club 7 into 'proper' music, which helped shape me into who I am today.

Just played Numb and ended up in floods of tears. Those lyrics are so poignant and haunting right now. 

RIP Chester. 

BBC suggesting a link with abuse as a child.  What a terrible thing to live with.

Thoughts to all his family and children.

:(

Yeah it's such sad news. I'm not a fan anymore and today is probably the first time I've seriously listened to them in years but Hybrid Theory was such a favourite of mine when I was younger. Definitely a gateway for heavier music for me and I wouldn't be enjoying some of my favourite bands now without it. 

This is f**king tragic. Always loved this guy. I loved this band in my teenage years! The first two albums really spoke to me and helped me get through my angsty late teenage years. Always hoped to see them live one day. Thoughts with his family who have a long journey of shit ahead...

11 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

On Chris Cornell's birthday too. The two were close :(

Yeah with Weiland and Lemmy and Cornell it had struck me about how close knit the rock/metal community is so there'll be plenty still grieving that have been hit hard by this news too.  Awful stuff.

Edited by dentalplan

Tragic news. I'm sure most people between the ages of 25-35 grew up with Linkin Park to some extent. Rubbish.

And the shadow of the day
Will embrace the world in gray
And the sun will set for you.

Rest in peace :(

• Upvote 2

Chesters draws have closed. Very sad day for industry indeed. Just listened to Hybrid Theory loud in the car on the way. Chanting those words then gave me goosebumps. Gutted.

glad to have caught him at Download, sad he never stepped on Worthy Farm.

RIP

Really sad. Remember listening to Hybrid Theory and buying a Linkin Park jumper from Afflecks in my 'mosher' days. 

RIP.

This ones properly got to be. That said it's so nice to see positivity about Chester / Linkin Park, just a shame it had to come about in these horrible circumstances

Sad times. Used to listen to Hybrid Theory in the car with Mrs Q all the time when we first started seeing each other back in the day. RIP.

2 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

On Chris Cornell's birthday too. The two were close :(

Didn't he sing at CCs funeral.. 

He's left 6 kids and it's on CCs birthday so I guess he was still really fucked up over that... 

What is it.... The last few years have seen far too many talented people top themselves.. Tis not good. 

My best mate was well into Linkin Park. I never got them.

It is such a sad loss to his friends, family and fans.

Depression is an awful thing.

If you are down. Talk to someone. People do care. Being down, upset, crying or hurt isn't a weakness. 

Whether it's your family, friends or an internet message board. You will be surprised at how much people care about you. Talking can really help.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop
  • Upvote 5

So so sad. They were a big part of my teenage years. And 'Leave out all the rest' got me through some tough times. I don't have a connection with another song like I do that one. Such an awful way to go too. RIP Chester.

Edited by DropBeat