Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

Don't think Stone Roses will ever play again by the looks of it. 

Liam or Noel could easily be bumped up for headliner. If QOTSA are announced for Mad Cool now, I would think one of those would headline alongside AM and that gets the British & Irish over to Beni.

What about smaller UK bands that will have albums out recently or next year/recording now that we think could be there? 

9 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Don't think Stone Roses will ever play again by the looks of it. 

Liam or Noel could easily be bumped up for headliner. If QOTSA are announced for Mad Cool now, I would think one of those would headline alongside AM and that gets the British & Irish over to Beni.

What about smaller UK bands that will have albums out recently or next year/recording now that we think could be there? 

Sherlocks maybe? They were in a lowly slot this year, could be considerably higher up the bill this time.

What about fall out boy or blink for Saturday headliner and Arctics for Sunday? They had an American band on the Saturday this year and then Brits on the Sunday 

Tomorrow Depeche Mode will be announced at Vieilles Charues (France) at 6PM (clue given on the fb page of Vieilles Charrues with the same red that on the bill), which happens the same week that Beni. QOTSA are also for sure at Mad Cool (probably tomorrow)

1 hour ago, CJTM said:

Wolf Alice will presumably get a decent slot (if they're not going back to Mad Cool after pulling out this year, that is). The Horrors as well 

33 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Tomorrow Depeche Mode will be announced at Vieilles Charues (France) at 6PM (clue given on the fb page of Vieilles Charrues with the same red that on the bill), which happens the same week that Beni. QOTSA are also for sure at Mad Cool (probably tomorrow)

Don’t think I get the clue. Could you explain?

2 hours ago, danz026 said:

In fact looking at previous headliners, Foals this year, Portishead and Los Planetas 2015, Tame Impala and Klaxons 2014, I don't really understand why Royal Blood aren't big enough.

I’m not expecting 4 worldwide superstars. This is Benicassim, and as a regular for the last 7 years, I’m well aware of this. Anyway, Klaxons didn’t headline in 2014, they were way down the list (4th down the line up on the night they played.), ditto Tame Impala.  Likewise, Los Planetas didn’t headline in 2015, it was Florence, The Prodigy, Blur and Portishead. The latter was an odd choice, but they have sold millions of units over the past 25 years.  I think that Royal Blood would make a worthy main sub one of the nights at Benicassim next year, but with respect, they’re not in the same league as Florence, Blur, The Prodigy, Portishead, Major Lazer, Chemical Brothers, Muse, Kendrick, The Weeknd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Kasabian. 

I hope that they play next year though, as they’ll go down really well, and haven’t performed at Benicassim before.

On 10/11/2017 at 1:19 AM, danz026 said:

What about the chain smokers for the Thursday and Bruno Mars for the Saturday? 

I bloody hope not.  I can accept they'll be 1 x crap pop/r&b/hip-hop headliner over the course of the weekend, but please not too.

On a different matter, Mad Cool is starting to shape up nicely, with QOTSA, Fleet Foxes, MGMT, Future Islands & Real Estate all announced over the last few days.  I'd have taken any/some/all of these for FIB 2018, so there's some good names here who have been taken out of the running for Benicassim, as there's unlikely to be any overlap/duplicates.

Expecting Bruno Mars, would settle for him on the Thurs to kick things off. 

As for Saturday, it's gotta be AM with Miles Kane or Tame Impala on the sub-slot for me. New track from Tame Impala on the way imminently. Would also love to see DMA's on the bill - they've been announced for Neighbourhood Weekender in May so I fancy some sort of European tour/dates through the summer to go with that. I guess we're ruling out MGMT sadly with them playing MC.

2 minutes ago, SCG95 said:

Expecting Bruno Mars, would settle for him on the Thurs to kick things off. 

As for Saturday, it's gotta be AM with Miles Kane or Tame Impala on the sub-slot for me. New track from Tame Impala on the way imminently. Would also love to see DMA's on the bill - they've been announced for Neighbourhood Weekender in May so I fancy some sort of European tour/dates through the summer to go with that. I guess we're ruling out MGMT sadly with them playing MC.

The new track is a Currents bonus, there's no indication of a new album. Furthermore, Kevin Parker has claimed Tame Impala won't tour until 2019.