Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

10 hours ago, DRH0503 said:

fuck i'm gutted about the wombats 

And CHVRCHES!! 2-3 of these kind of bands could take the overall line up from slightly underwhelming to decent. 

Beni must be resting on their laurels after last year - I definitely picked the wrong year for my first experience!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DRH0503 said:

I'd like Peace to come along, they'd be a great addition.

Sadly, Peace are playing Truck Festival on Thu, and Splendour Festival on Sat, so based on this, I think it's unlikely they'll be playing Beni this year.  Would've been a great addition.

I see that Hinds still have a little gap in their tour schedule, from 19th to 22nd July though!!! ;)

13 hours ago, jarx1 said:

Does anyone know how many names are yet to be announced? Thanks. 

At last count, there was only about 30 names so far for this year, from a full line up total of usually around 70 acts/artists/DJ's, so we're not even half way there yet.  Although I'd say half of the remaining 40 still TBA will be (probably unheard of to the average UK/IRL punter) Spanish bands/DJ's.

I'm still expecting another 10-15 'international' names, incl. some decent electronica/dance/DJ's, as line up is quite light on this genre at the moment, being more heavily focused on indie/guitar/pop/alternative acts to bring in early ticket sales.

I don't think it will be too long, perhaps a week or two, until we get a further substantial announcement with a further 15-20 acts, perhaps with the day splits?

• Upvote 1

On 13/04/2018 at 9:53 AM, jack12895 said:

Hopeful Peace could be added for the Sunday? But admit its unlikely.

Kyle Falconer has went solo and is releasing an album soon, could be added? The View were added late last time.

Hopeful for Miles Kane too.

I was pretty convinced that Miles would turn up at Benicassim this year, until he announced he was playing in Moscow on Sat 21st, a few weeks back. Maybe the U.K. will be fully at war with Russia by then, and Spain will be a safe haven for all of us that weekend,

Edited by andytommo
  • Downvote 3

Didn't even think about buying a ticket off someone on the FB page when I went and got mine from the website, could've saved myself some money! 

Are there any concrete rumours atm? Like anyone that maybe hasn't been announced but it pretty much nailed on to play? I'm ok with the lineup as it is with The Killers and LG being fantastic headliners for me, and Wolf Alice are probably my favourite band of the last few years. Catfish are great, looking forward to seeing them again, and there's a load of others that will be great to see: The Vaccines (really good live), The Kooks, Justice, TDCC (last time I went to Leeds they clashed with RHCP so I've been waiting for another chance to see them!), Parquet Courts, Everything Everything and Shame. Would also see The Magic Gang and Nothing But Thieves as well. And I've just seen Madness are there! I must have missed that announcement - I bet that'll be a great show.

So really, I'm happy with the lineup, although in comparison to other festivals it looks disappointing. Even a couple more decent size bands would be good though.

I'm airbnbing in Oropesa del Mar and a little concerned about the shuttles, as there were bad reviews about them being shit and late or not arriving at all. Can anyone share experiences? I guess the only "reliable" transport should be the shuttles that cost 60 euros on the FIB site?

1 hour ago, ShutUpDonny said:

I'm airbnbing in Oropesa del Mar and a little concerned about the shuttles, as there were bad reviews about them being shit and late or not arriving at all. Can anyone share experiences? I guess the only "reliable" transport should be the shuttles that cost 60 euros on the FIB site?

Bit of a nightmare to start with, but they got it together as the week went on. I'm simply going off what I've heard, rather than personal experience mind. Big numbers attended last years festival so I guess that was a factor.  

• Upvote 1

Hi Guys, quick question for anyone who's been before:

In terms of food, is it a case of always eating out, or is there a way to make your own food? I'm assuming you can't take a camping stove as it'd be a ridiculous safety hazard.

I've heard there is a Lidl nearby where you can get food and deckchairs - how much are they?

Also, is it safe enough to leave your bags in your tent?

cheers in advance for any replies

11 hours ago, SCG95 said:

Bit of a nightmare to start with, but they got it together as the week went on. I'm simply going off what I've heard, rather than personal experience mind. Big numbers attended last years festival so I guess that was a factor.  

Thanks, I guess there's got to be a silver lining in this underwhelming lineup - smaller crowds and fewer issues with transport, hopefully. 

15 minutes ago, ShutUpDonny said:

Thanks, I guess there's got to be a silver lining in this underwhelming lineup - smaller crowds and fewer issues with transport, hopefully. 

it was ridiculous on the first night , both ways but it was the first time shuttles had been run by this crowd from Oropesa . It was fine after that , just give yourself plenty of time if there is someone specific you want to see 

• Upvote 1

On 4/11/2018 at 11:29 PM, muzak said:

And CHVRCHES!! 2-3 of these kind of bands could take the overall line up from slightly underwhelming to decent. 

Beni must be resting on their laurels after last year - I definitely picked the wrong year for my first experience!

With you in that boat! 

6 hours ago, DRH0503 said:

Hi Guys, quick question for anyone who's been before:

In terms of food, is it a case of always eating out, or is there a way to make your own food? I'm assuming you can't take a camping stove as it'd be a ridiculous safety hazard.

I've heard there is a Lidl nearby where you can get food and deckchairs - how much are they?

Also, is it safe enough to leave your bags in your tent?

cheers in advance for any replies

Would also like some of this information. We've always taken little cooler thing to Leeds but dunno what the rules are at Beni. And I'm gonna assume that with safety it's just standard festival approach - don't leave anything massively valuable in tents but apart from that you're probably fine? I mean people aren't that likely to go around stealing clothes and that, most are looking for something specific - probably either phones or alcohol - and if they don't find anything they're not gonna waste their time nicking a t-shirt, they'll just move on to somewhere else.

3 hours ago, thelemon said:

Would also like some of this information. We've always taken little cooler thing to Leeds but dunno what the rules are at Beni. And I'm gonna assume that with safety it's just standard festival approach - don't leave anything massively valuable in tents but apart from that you're probably fine? I mean people aren't that likely to go around stealing clothes and that, most are looking for something specific - probably either phones or alcohol - and if they don't find anything they're not gonna waste their time nicking a t-shirt, they'll just move on to somewhere else.

Spoke to some spanish friends this weekend and according to them there is a huge problem with tent looters in Spain. don't leave packed bags etc but rather spread all your things around in the tent, common festival sense I guess tho

2 hours ago, Daniel Pope said:

*ANNOUNCEMENT DUE* - On or before Friday 27th April (whenever the final handful of acts are confirmed)

Rumours: Libertines, Fuzzy Ducks, Mungo Jerry, Peter Andre

If less than 2 of these are confirmed I will buy you a beer if you see me out there! 

The Love Frog

new Blossoms cd that day...

Why are all the bands you mentioned a rumour??

Edited by Jerpo