Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

A long shot but - Royal Blood in Finland 19th June (just announced) and nothing in July I believe - so Europe in summer is now on? Already ruled out for Mad Cool and Prima...

Could they do the Biffy slot from last year? 

2 minutes ago, CJTM said:

A long shot but - Royal Blood in Finland 19th June (just announced) and nothing in July I believe - so Europe in summer is now on? Already ruled out for Mad Cool and Prima...

Could they do the Biffy slot from last year? 

It's possible i think it'd be a really big act to add to the lineup due to their lack of European shows

13 hours ago, shaun64 said:

NOBODY gets out of my bedroom alive Ged!! unless you can sing "West End Girls" backwards! 

I'm good pal..and yourself? You ready for it?

been ready since last July mate , you happy with the line up so far ? I am

1 hour ago, DRH0503 said:

For the guys who've been before:

What do you do about bringing your tent and what do you do for food whilst you're over there.

What are the essentials to bring?

Thanks!

5th Beni coming up for me!

This year I'm staying in a hotel in Beni but I've trialled every single other option imaginable. 

The first time I went, I brought my own tent in a massive backpack but it broke when I took it out. There's a couple of stalls in the campsite selling tents and camping gear on the day — so you've got that as a backup. As well as a couple of shops in the town. Bring a ground mat as the earth underneath is very.... very... firm. Maybe even buy another one in Beni and double up.

Food — I always buy food each day from any of the supermarkets in the town, you can obviously eat whatever you want this way. Buy yourself a coolbox as well to ferry food to/from the beach!

In the festival site itself, there are countless food trucks, loads of variety and pretty good quality!

Essentials to take with you — The usual festival essentials to be honest! Shitty shoes to wear at the festival as they'll get covered in red dust. Bog roll. You'll only be wearing shorts and vests (at a push). Two towels — a big one for the beach which can get covered in sand and one for showering. I cannot stress enough the need for high factor sun cream during the day because I burnt like A CRISP in about 5 seconds first time round...

Any other questions just shout!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, gedkelly said:

been ready since last July mate , you happy with the line up so far ? I am

Yes pal im happy with wot we've got so far..think theres still a few decent undercards to be named..but been "regulars" we know its not all about them 4 days.

Got Neighbourhood weekender in warrington to look foward to first. You got anything coming up?

6 minutes ago, shaun64 said:

Yes pal im happy with wot we've got so far..think theres still a few decent undercards to be named..but been "regulars" we know its not all about them 4 days.

Got Neighbourhood weekender in warrington to look foward to first. You got anything coming up?

Levellers are playing Boston which is big news , Foo's in June and might have a look at the Liam G thing in Chelmsford , my son fancies it so might go , I work 7 days a week mate until end of June so its a bit difficult to be honest 

Got bored and tried to make a day split by checking all the bands announced websites for tour dates in case they leaked their specific date. Most advertised as performing on 19th July so i ignored them but have a least figured out what day a few specific acts are playing.

Thursday: Travis Scott 

Friday: The Killers

Saturday: Pet Shop Boys, Dorian

Sunday: Liam Gallagher, Justice, Parquet Courts 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Got bored and tried to make a day split by checking all the bands announced websites for tour dates in case they leaked their specific date. Most advertised as performing on 19th July so i ignored them but have a least figured out what day a few specific acts are playing.

I'd guess Catfish the same day as Killers too. Could they both not be Saturday though (I know they both play Paris on the Sunday) ?

16 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

I'd guess Catfish the same day as Killers too. Could they both not be Saturday though (I know they both play Paris on the Sunday) ?

Pet Shop Boys state on their website they are playing Saturday. I think Bastille are more likely to play below The Killers IMO but that's just me guessing 

On 17/03/2018 at 9:44 PM, Paulmcm1998 said:

Tune-Yards confirmed for Thursday 

The clashfinder I’ve been keeping an eye on is saying TDCC for Thu, and Bastille for Sun, which makes sense, given they’re playing Switzerland on Fri and Paris on Sat.

Edited by andytommo
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Festival in Switzerland that The Killers are at the week of Beni. Think some of the earlier week stuff could be in the end-of-April announcement? Django, Feeder, Bicep, Declan McKenna...

29468467_10155044542081612_6476203151398143384_n (1).png

Idles and Algiers would also be great!
Btw, looks like that is not Feeder but Feder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jancker19 said:

So there are two announcements on the dates near Beni. Would like to see Richard Ashcroft, Circa Waves, Tom Grennan and Miles Kane.

29572391_1427948760666170_8371442307062139276_n.jpg

photo_2018-03-23_11-10-08.jpg

It's mad how successful/popular Editors are in Belgium!  There's probably no other country in the world, where they would headline a day festival and have The National supporting them?  I think there new album is No.1 in Belgium at the moment, and they played a sold out 20,000 capacity arena concert this week!  Fair play to them!  Would be a great addition to the FIB support card. Up the Brummies!!!!!

19 minutes ago, jj200 said:

Biffy clyro to headline with no new music

Take into account that it is small sized festival of British music in Moscow. Ticket price is about 11-12 Euro.

Would like to see Ashcroft as a sub for Liam on Sunday.