Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

7 minutes ago, andytommo said:

They're in Italy on Thu 19th, so are playing out that weekend.  Could be a possibility?

that'd be fun , I saw them in 82 with Jon Otway and Wild Willie Barratt , i'm so old...

Edited by gedkelly

2 elegant English mature men

2 not too elegant French men

Lot of Scottish guys together

Drunk cockneys

Brighton moves in her own way

2 spanish bands to please medium class spanish attendees

A woman that could be R&B but it's not

Young guys from Nottingham constantly angry

And few more than I don't have time to describe.

3 minutes ago, JBVelas said:

2 elegant English mature men - Pet Shop Boys

2 not too elegant French men - Justice

Lot of Scottish guys together - Belle & Sebastian

Drunk cockneys - Libertines

Brighton moves in her own way - Kooks

2 spanish bands to please medium class spanish attendees - Hinds/Parrots

A woman that could be R&B but it's not - Jorja Smith

Young guys from Nottingham constantly angry - Sleaford Mods

And few more than I don't have time to describe.

Meh. I don't know how The Pet Shop Boys can headline this fest. This year's line up is the weakest in years imo. 

Plus shitty bands like Bastille, 2DCC, Catfish, The Kooks or spanish acts which aren't better than the international ones. 

Only Travis Scott, Princess Nokia, Sleaford Mods, Hudson Taylor or Jessie Ware bring something different or not seen in spanish fests. Tired of the bookers of Beni. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Enyeaman said:

Surely there is more big names to be announced. 

4 headliners are already done. Maybe expect a couple of good international acts to surround headliners but no big names.

Have a wedding that weekend in UK so somehow I am glad I can;t go this year (just missed 2016 in the last 9 years).

Edited by JBVelas

Seems like this year any festival that hasn't booked Arctic Monkeys can expect an onslaught of abuse on social media regardless of who they book, bit of a poisoned chalice really :lol: I don't get why people complaining on there still thought they were a realistic candidate, given that they haven't announced another festival since announcing them all in January, which also contained two Spanish fests.

I don't think the headliners are the greatest collection they've ever had, but having the likes of Justice, Madness and Two Door underneath makes it a pretty strong undercard to me, they could've probably got away with any of them being co/triple headliners.

Edited by alexlloyd
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

happy as with that , see you down the front fella 

Too right Ged!!!!

We’re thrilled to announce the legendary PET SHOP BOYS, as well as JUSTICE, MADNESS, THE KOOKS, SLEAFORD MODS, J HUS, BELLE AND SEBASTIAN and many more amazing acts for FIB Benicàssim, taking place on July 19 – 22 in Benicàssim, Spain. PET SHOP BOYS will join the already announced THE KILLERS, LIAM GALLAGHER and TRAVIS SCOTT as headliners, plus many more amazing acts including TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB, THE VACCINES,CATFISH AND THE BOTTLEMEN and BASTILLE, making FIB 2018 the unmissable festival of the summer.

One of the most commercially and critically successful groups of their era, PET SHOP BOYS, will be headlining at FIB 2018. Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe have consistently navigated the shifting landscape of modern dance – pop, moving easily from disco to house to techno with their own image and sound remaining completely intact.

Always one step ahead, the lushly romantic synth-pop two-piece have sold more than 50 million records worldwide, and with tracks like ‘West End Girls’, ‘It’s A Sin’ and ‘Go West’ amongst an incredible forty-two Top 30 singles, we’re guaranteed a hit-filled spectacular from the most successful duo in UK music history when PET SHOP BOYS land in Benicàssim.

Responsible for some of the best dance music of the 21st century and all the best parties, the critically acclaimed JUSTICE are heading for Benicàssim. Their phenomenal live shows -  a relentless clash of dance styles with an electro-punk-rock edge mixed with stunning visuals - never fail to take the breath away. Prepare to be blown away when they take control of the main stage this summer.

Camden’s nuttiest MADNESS will take to the stage for a hit filled set of ska and pop anthems including ‘One Step Beyond’ and ‘Embarrassment’ that have made them one of the UK’s most (quint)essential bands. Welcome to the House of FIB!

Brighton four-piece THE KOOKS join the lineup off the back of their ‘Best Of…So Far’ tour. A decade on from their now 5 times platinum debut the band continue to thrill the faithful and win new converts wherever they go.

Mixing grime, afro-beat, dancehall and r&b, UK rapper J HUS has shot to the forefront of the current scene.  After appearing on Stormzy’s ‘Bad Boys’ he went on to have his own huge chart success in 2017 with ‘Did You See’ and ‘Bouff Daddy’ from his outstanding debut album ‘Common Sense’ which has seen him nominated for three Brit Awards and the Mercury Prize. A FIB debut not to be missed.

We can’t wait for the Benicassim debut from SLEAFORD MODS who’ll be bringing their own-brand English Tapas to Spain. The hip/hop punk act fronted by Jason Williamson, ably supported by Andrew Fearn, combine poetic rants over minimalist beats with pounding bass guitar which over the course of four devastatingly brilliant albums have seen them develop into possibly the angriest, and definitely one of the best, UK acts around today. That’s entertainment! 

Also confirmed are the wonderfully unique Scottish seven-piece BELLE AND SEBASTIAN who have truly earned their place in music history. One of the most thoughtful and compelling bands of our time, catch them bring their joy and energy to FIB in July.

Back with new album ‘Glasshouse’ JESSIE WARE brings her uniquely sophisticated and intimately soulful pop to Benicàssim, while incredible New York rapper and Smart Girl Club founder PRINCESS NOKIA’s live show is not to be missed following the release of her phenomenal debut studio album ‘1992 Deluxe’.

THE MAGIC GANG have built a reputation as “one of the country’s most exciting bands” (NME) and they are ready to prove it when they take to the stage at Benicassim. The four-piece are about to release their highly anticipated debut album this spring and are set for big things in 2018. Elsewhere there’s jagged, lo-fi punk rock from New York’s fabulous PARQUET COURTS, Howling Bell’s JUANITA STEIN will showcase the evocative, country – tinged beauty of her debut solo album ‘America’ and Irish folk duo HUDSON TAYLOR also join.

Spanish acts are of course well represented at the festival with heavyweights IZAL leading the way off the back of their soon-to-be-released fourth album ‘Autoterepia’. Joining them in July will be DORIAN, one of Spain’s most renowned bands, NATHY PELUSO bringing her elegant hip hop and Madrid’s 80s dream pop band TERRY VS. TORI.

2 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Yeah I'm considering selling, this is such a comedown :lol:. I didn't expect AM either, getting absolutely slaughtered on social media. 

Anyone on social media, who was still expecting AM's, needs their head looking at.  Glad they'll be staying away or selling their tickets, tbh.

Thing is the other lineups are so good it really got my hopes up. Mad Cool and Primavera with the likes of MGMT, Tame Impala, Franz Ferdinand, Massive Attack, Chvrches, Haim, Lorde, etc. I know they don't share acts but we get Bastille and Sleaford fooking Mods.

• Upvote 1