Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

58 minutes ago, andytommo said:

I heard that Chvrches were initially lined up to play FIB, but had then been outbid by Primavera.  There's zero chance of either Kendrick or Muse playing FIB this year, as they were the 2 main (Sat & Sun) headliners in 2016.  KOL could be a possibility, as they're not playing anywhere in July, but I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing?  There's always a chance that Melvin Benn has done a deal for them to play both R&L plus FIB this year, but then if so, why wasn't this announced the same day as (or the day after) the R&L line up? 

Anyone who goes to FIB regularly, or follows the festival, would tell you that last years line up was a (rare in recent years) very big and strong one, so following 2017 was always going to be difficult, and would look waeker on paper.  If it's a split in headliners for the final night TBA, then that's going to be a big disappointment as, IMO, the likes of Liam G (in Spain) and Travis Scott (Global) are the size/type of acts who should be sharing a headline spot on the same evening.  Neither of these are any bigger in Spain than the likes of Foals, Los Planetas or Deadmau5, who shared HL status last year on Fri night.  Saying that, the undercard so far is looking decent, so hopefully the lack of good/big headliners will make up for this? 

Yeah I'd happily take a better undercard if it meant weaker headliners 

2 hours ago, Grant0806892 said:

For me the last headliner has to be one of kings of Leon, Eminem or jamiroquai but im hoping and praying for a shock haha 

KoL last headlined R&L in 09’ which was the same year they were due to play Beni. Since they’ve only announced R&L dates in late August, at this point I’m still unsure on them being our final headliner. 

1 hour ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Based on last year when they didn't even really have a proper 4th headliner on what was a very strong year I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. Does anyone know who the last announced headliners have been in recent years and are they usually the smallest?

It was mid-March last year when they announced Los Planetas, Deadmau5 and bumped up Foals to make a trio. 

The Wombats just released a new album - its good! Free a week or so before FIB. They also play Reading and Leeds which is owned by the same company as FIB, so I think there's a chance for them. I'd be really happy if they played!

The 1975 and Chverches also release new music soon, and I feel like FIB's twitter had been kinda hinting at Kendrick, tweeting about his new song with Travis, but the 1975 and Kendrick have played recently, so it's probably unlikely...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Kooks personally. They play a week before FIB in Portugal for Nos Alive, just like Two Door Cinema Club who also play FIB.

Edited by billisBob
  • Upvote 1

On 2/15/2018 at 4:19 AM, andytommo said:

Anderson Paak for SBSR. Plus another headliner (Childish Gambino?) and a sub (Friendly Fires?) coming for BBK, along with the (mainly local/national) undercard, incl Cigarettes After Sex, Hot Chip, Gaz Coombes, Mount Kimble, Genghar.......

Childish Gambino would be a ridiculous get! He barely even plays live anymore and still has a massive fan base and some massive hits. if he plays surely he'd be a headliner, but I'd say it's massively unlikely sadly. Would love that though!!

Edit: Actually just saw that he's playing Lovebox in London in July, but more importantly he's playing in Bilbao a week before Benacassim! Maybe an outside shout as FIB aren't afraid to double-dip with other Spanish festivals!! Would be so happy with that!

Edited by billisBob

11 minutes ago, Daniel Pope said:

My brother is part of the road team for the Libertines this summer and he seems to think Benicassim is a done deal for their summer bookings. Not sure why nothing has been confirmed to the public but apparently there are 20+ confirmations including The Kooks! 

You heard it here first! 

Solid croak, 8/10. You have my blessing crrrrrrrOAK! 

10 minutes ago, Daniel Pope said:

My brother is part of the road team for the Libertines this summer and he seems to think Benicassim is a done deal for their summer bookings. Not sure why nothing has been confirmed to the public but apparently there are 20+ confirmations including The Kooks! 

You heard it here first! 

With the rumours of Eminen and Bruno Mars being possible headliners early on ill happily settle for the Libs! If its a joint headliner with Jamorique or someone else then even better! 

I was just coming in here to post that I would be happy with Chrvches as the 4th name, but would love The Kooks. The Libertines would also greatly interest me.  Any of those 3 names sound good to me. 

What are peoples opinions of someone like Diplo being the 4th headliner? Small name alright but is actually a big festival player - he plays loads and has a pretty decent back catalogue, for a DJ//p.roducer.  

1 hour ago, Manny1995 said:

I'd be happy with libs, not as big as they used to be so reckon they be a co headliner or sub. Doing a lot of smaller festivals in the UK this year 

Headlined in 2014, on the Sat night, and there stock is no lower now than it was then, so I wouldn't expect them sharing the bill with anyone else.  If it's LIBS, they'll be sole headliners!

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Headlined in 2014, on the Sat night, and there stock is no lower now than it was then, so I wouldn't expect them sharing the bill with anyone else.  If it's LIBS, they'll be sole headliners!

They headlined Leeds in 2015 and now are playing smaller UK festivals like y not and kendal and truck so surly that's a sign that there stock has dropped. Don't get me wrong love the band but if it is them as sole last headliner then the top of the bill is weaker than any year I've seen 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Pope said:

You heard it here first! 

Yes!! Very happy with that!!

Do you guys have any hotel recommendations at all? Last time I went we stayed at Hotel Intur Bonaire, which was great but is quite steep for most of our group as it stands. There's a fair few of us and a few need a cheaper place, but we'd rather stay in the mix of Benicassim than head to Castellon.

Best we've seen so far is Hotel Montreal for about £400 each for the week, is that the best we're gonna get? Any help is much appreciated!

20 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Do you guys have any hotel recommendations at all? Last time I went we stayed at Hotel Intur Bonaire, which was great but is quite steep for most of our group as it stands. There's a fair few of us and a few need a cheaper place, but we'd rather stay in the mix of Benicassim than head to Castellon.

Best we've seen so far is Hotel Montreal for about £400 each for the week, is that the best we're gonna get? Any help is much appreciated!

look for apartments , ours is 1300 euro for 2 weeks and it sleeps 6 ! So basically £200 for the fortnight !!! We have used Interhomes and Rentalia in the past , my son got a great room in Oropesa last year through Air B&B

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

We’ve booked to stay at hotel bulevard which worked out at 360 each for 7 nights, it’s quite close to the centre which is ideal. The hotel prices do seem to be getting more and more expensive each year though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fitz_xoxo said:

George Ezra could get added the bill maybe. New album out and is touring this summer too by the sounds of things. Few guitar based bands that are still possible for the bill

Kings of Leon

The Kooks

George Ezra

The Libertines

Chrvches

With all due respect I love Chvrches, but I don't think you could class them as a guitar based band :P

39 minutes ago, fitz_xoxo said:

George Ezra could get added the bill maybe. New album out and is touring this summer too by the sounds of things. Few guitar based bands that are still possible for the bill

Kings of Leon

The Kooks

George Ezra

The Libertines

Chrvches

The 1975 aren't playing festivals this year, one of the band tweeted it (and someone put it in the Reading thread). They're one of the favourites for Glastonbury next year so I assume they've got an album on the way late this year/early next (I think they're awful so haven't followed the timings). I reckon the Kooks are quite likely though and after the Reading announcement, I guess KoL can't be ruled out - you'd think they'd announce very soon if it's them