Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

8 hours ago, SCG95 said:

Can't see it being Muse after headlining only 2yrs ago. Then again, LG is returning after a year. 

Are we expecting The Killers to headline the Saturday? They're playing 3 gigs over the Beni weekend. 

Well, if we consider Jamiroquai as the final headliner, then The Killers should perform on Friday.

On 14/02/2018 at 5:25 PM, CJTM said:

Right, so on the basis Beni won't announce on a Friday or weekend. They love a Thursday announcement usually with a 8pm TOMORROW warning.

so if we don't hear anything tonight, can we please finally once and for all dispel that Fiber Leaks account as bollox :D

So it doesn't look as if your mate has come up trumps, does it???

53 minutes ago, Jancker19 said:

I hope not. At least I only considering them with a strong co-headline act such as The Libertines

Personally I'd be happy with that, two bands I'd like to see although I appreciate neither will appeal to the yoof!

Realistically who's left who would fill the Saturday spot on their own.

Got a few mates going and I do fancy it because I think the lineup is decent, but with tickets being, what, £150, plus £90 for the Villacamp (my mates have already booked and they're going in the dearer camping, although I'd have preferred to just go cheap), £100 for flights (as a guess, could be more by the time I book it), I'm looking at over £300 for the ticket and flights alone. That's without food/booze/drugs/whatever for the week, and money to do things for the rest of the week when the festival isn't on. Then you've got travel from the airport, shuttle bus pass from camping to the festival, and my mates are going on about a night in Barca the night before we go the festival. I'm short of money so what I'm saying really is that the last headliner has got to be pretty good otherwise not sure I can justify the cost. I'm looking at potentially doing Tramlines instead and then hopefully a cheap camping festival like Y Not for example.

Chances of the following being headliner? Royal Blood, The Prodigy, The Strokes, The Libertines, QOTSA? One of those would definitely give me a headache as it would be very difficult to turn them down, especially with Wolf Alice, Catfish and LG, all of which I love. Was also wondering what people reckon the chances are of Blossoms? Can't remember their dates they've already got, but the holy trinity of new indie bands for me personally is Catfish, Blossoms and Wolf Alice so would be very very tempted if they were there!

16 minutes ago, thelemon said:

Got a few mates going and I do fancy it because I think the lineup is decent, but with tickets being, what, £150, plus £90 for the Villacamp (my mates have already booked and they're going in the dearer camping, although I'd have preferred to just go cheap), £100 for flights (as a guess, could be more by the time I book it), I'm looking at over £300 for the ticket and flights alone. That's without food/booze/drugs/whatever for the week, and money to do things for the rest of the week when the festival isn't on. Then you've got travel from the airport, shuttle bus pass from camping to the festival, and my mates are going on about a night in Barca the night before we go the festival. I'm short of money so what I'm saying really is that the last headliner has got to be pretty good otherwise not sure I can justify the cost. I'm looking at potentially doing Tramlines instead and then hopefully a cheap camping festival like Y Not for example.

Chances of the following being headliner? Royal Blood, The Prodigy, The Strokes, The Libertines, QOTSA? One of those would definitely give me a headache as it would be very difficult to turn them down, especially with Wolf Alice, Catfish and LG, all of which I love. Was also wondering what people reckon the chances are of Blossoms? Can't remember their dates they've already got, but the holy trinity of new indie bands for me personally is Catfish, Blossoms and Wolf Alice so would be very very tempted if they were there!

Blossoms played last year, and Prodigy/Libs have both headlined FIB over the past 3-4 years, so all highly unlikely IMO.  QOTSA headlining Mad Cool the weekend prior, and the Strokes not playing out this summer, are they???  Sorry if this reply doesn't make good reading, but I still think you should join your mates - as you'll have a great week!!! 

Edited by andytommo

4 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Blossoms played last year, and Prodigy/Libs have both headlined FIB over the past 3-4 years, so all highly unlikely IMO.  QOTSA headlining Mad Cool the weekend prior, and the Strokes not playing out this summer, are they???  Sorry if this reply doesn't make good reading, but I still think you should join your mates - as you'll have a great week!!! 

Nah they were all pretty hopeful shouts. I thought Prodigy could have been a shout as there was a lot of talk about the last headliner being dance/electronic. The Strokes O was pretty doubtful too but I swear someone said they were a rumour a couple of pages back. Wasn't sure as Julian is touring with the Voidz but thought I'd see if anyone had heard anything. Saw a lot of talk about the Libs on here too. I get that FIB isn't really about the lineup though, but for me I want a music festival that you can also sort of turn into a little bit of a holiday, as opposed to a holiday where there just happens to be a music festival. Very torn as I want to spend the time with them but I've got other mates looking at the cheaper options like what I said so I'm ready not sure what I'm gonna do. Should probably decide soon tbh. Just out of interest, is this likely to sell out? I would've guessed not with the lineup not being as strong as last year but you seem to be Pretty knowledgeable when it comes to Beni

2 hours ago, thelemon said:

Nah they were all pretty hopeful shouts. I thought Prodigy could have been a shout as there was a lot of talk about the last headliner being dance/electronic. The Strokes O was pretty doubtful too but I swear someone said they were a rumour a couple of pages back. Wasn't sure as Julian is touring with the Voidz but thought I'd see if anyone had heard anything. Saw a lot of talk about the Libs on here too. I get that FIB isn't really about the lineup though, but for me I want a music festival that you can also sort of turn into a little bit of a holiday, as opposed to a holiday where there just happens to be a music festival. Very torn as I want to spend the time with them but I've got other mates looking at the cheaper options like what I said so I'm ready not sure what I'm gonna do. Should probably decide soon tbh. Just out of interest, is this likely to sell out? I would've guessed not with the lineup not being as strong as last year but you seem to be Pretty knowledgeable when it comes to Beni

The line up will end up being good, it always is, as long as you don't expect it to be like Glasto, T in the Park, or anywhere near as good as Mad Cool, but then it's half the size/half the price, and doesn't have the free camping on-site, and beach close by, etc....  It definitely won't sell out this year, but flight prices are likely to increase the later you leave it, especially as this year it coincides with the first weekend of the school summer holidays.  It's only ever sold out once in about the last 9 or 10 years, which was last year when RHCP's sold it out on Sat night, but it was the strongest line up since probably 2011/2012.  One of the best things about Beni, even more so this year for example, is that you can be at the main stage watching a band, a song that you don't know/like comes on, and you can go for a piss, get a beer, and be back in the same spot you came from (within reason) by the time the next song starts up, 4-5 mins later.  The ratio of bars/loos to punters, is fantastic, likewise is the fact that you can move from one stage to another, within a 2 to 5 minute max walk, unlike most other large festivals I've been to over the decades!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, andytommo said:

The line up will end up being good, it always is, as long as you don't expect it to be like Glasto, T in the Park, or anywhere near as good as Mad Cool, but then it's half the size/half the price, and doesn't have the free camping on-site, and beach close by, etc....  It definitely won't sell out this year, but flight prices are likely to increase the later you leave it, especially as this year it coincides with the first weekend of the school summer holidays.  It's only ever sold out once in about the last 9 or 10 years, which was last year when RHCP's sold it out on Sat night, but it was the strongest line up since probably 2011/2012.  One of the best things about Beni, even more so this year for example, is that you can be at the main stage watching a band, a song that you don't know/like comes on, and you can go for a piss, get a beer, and be back in the same spot you came from (within reason) by the time the next song starts up, 4-5 mins later.  The ratio of bars/loos to punters, is fantastic, likewise is the fact that you can move from one stage to another, within a 2 to 5 minute max walk, unlike most other large festivals I've been to over the decades!

Yeah , what he said !

Line up is so much weaker than last year must be paying big for final headliner. As last year had RHCP and kasabain which would have cost, so surly can't be another low key headliner. Line up really needs so better acts like tame impala mgmt. Tyler the creator should come after not appearing last year 

13 minutes ago, Manny1995 said:

Line up is so much weaker than last year must be paying big for final headliner. As last year had RHCP and kasabain which would have cost, so surly can't be another low key headliner. Line up really needs so better acts like tame impala mgmt. Tyler the creator should come after not appearing last year 

We're all struggling to predict the final headliner. Most the major headliners are doing other festivals in spain so a co-headline seems more likely

8 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

We're all struggling to predict the final headliner. Most the major headliners are doing other festivals in spain so a co-headline seems more likely

I can only see it being one of or 2 co headline:

Muse 

Kings of leon 

Kendrick

Only really would want Kendrick 

Or 2 co headline of:

Royal blood

Libertines 

Jamiroquai 

48 minutes ago, Manny1995 said:

Muse 

Kings of leon 

Kendrick

Or 2 co headline of:

Royal blood

Libertines 

Jamiroquai 

Kendrick is a long shot can't see their being two rap headliners and Kendrick would be a very expensive booking. Muse played two years ago so unless they have an album out by then it's not likely. Kings of Leon is a possibility if they have new material but are only playing Reading and Leeds at the moment. All  the coheadline suggestions are possible. Fiber Leaks said Chvrches would play so they could co-headline

1 hour ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Muse 

Kings of leon 

Kendrick

Or 2 co headline of:

Royal blood

Libertines 

Jamiroqu

1 minute ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Kendrick is a long shot can't see their being two rap headliners and Kendrick would be a very expensive booking. Muse played two years ago so unless they have an album out by then it's not likely. Kings of Leon is a possibility if they have new material but are only playing Reading and Leeds at the moment. All  the coheadline suggestions are possible. Fiber Leaks said Chvrches would play so they could co-headline

Muse have a new single out 2 days ago and kasabain headlined 2 times in the space of 3 years so could happen. A lot of festivals are going towards rap so wouldn't dismiss Kendrick. Personally don't think chvrches are big enough to co headline 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

I heard that Chvrches were initially lined up to play FIB, but had then been outbid by Primavera.  There's zero chance of either Kendrick or Muse playing FIB this year, as they were the 2 main (Sat & Sun) headliners in 2016.  KOL could be a possibility, as they're not playing anywhere in July, but I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing?  There's always a chance that Melvin Benn has done a deal for them to play both R&L plus FIB this year, but then if so, why wasn't this announced the same day as (or the day after) the R&L line up? 

Anyone who goes to FIB regularly, or follows the festival, would tell you that last years line up was a (rare in recent years) very big and strong one, so following 2017 was always going to be difficult, and would look waeker on paper.  If it's a split in headliners for the final night TBA, then that's going to be a big disappointment as, IMO, the likes of Liam G (in Spain) and Travis Scott (Global) are the size/type of acts who should be sharing a headline spot on the same evening.  Neither of these are any bigger in Spain than the likes of Foals, Los Planetas or Deadmau5, who shared HL status last year on Fri night.  Saying that, the undercard so far is looking decent, so hopefully the lack of good/big headliners will make up for this? 

Edited by andytommo