Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

30 minutes ago, systm said:

Hinds are a 90% chance, it's their favourite festival and they played 2015 and 2016...

Saw Hinds on the Monday night after the festival last year, in the town (in fact they were on the next table to us having dinner), and they said that they were already signed up for 2018 Benicassim, or as good as.  Their manager, Joan, is the same person who does the majority of the bookings for FIB as well, so with them having new music this year, I'd say their 95%+ certain of playing.

The same management company also represent Lois (who were rumoured last week).

Edited by andytommo

Right, so on the basis Beni won't announce on a Friday or weekend. They love a Thursday announcement usually with a 8pm TOMORROW warning.

so if we don't hear anything tonight, can we please finally once and for all dispel that Fiber Leaks account as bollox :D

5 hours ago, CJTM said:

Right, so on the basis Beni won't announce on a Friday or weekend. They love a Thursday announcement usually with a 8pm TOMORROW warning.

so if we don't hear anything tonight, can we please finally once and for all dispel that Fiber Leaks account as bollox :D

New to the festival but why wouldn' they have an announcement on a Friday?

17 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Super Bock Super Rock (same weekend) has an announcement tomorrow. Imagine we may have a few from it. 

Anderson Paak for SBSR. Plus another headliner (Childish Gambino?) and a sub (Friendly Fires?) coming for BBK, along with the (mainly local/national) undercard, incl Cigarettes After Sex, Hot Chip, Gaz Coombes, Mount Kimble, Genghar.......

Edited by andytommo

10 hours ago, Irelandfan said:

10 hours ago, Irelandfan said:

They do announce on Fridays. AMs, Killers, QOTSA were announced as headliners for 2013 on the Friday before Xmas 2012.

34 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Anderson Paak for SBSR. Plus another headliner (Childish Gambino?) and a sub (Friendly Fires?) coming for BBK, along with the (mainly local/national) undercard, incl Cigarettes After Sex, Hot Chip, Gaz Coombes, Mount Kimble, Genghar.......

BBK Bilbao -Florence as headliner, and Childish Gambino for main-sub. This BBK line up is blowing FIB out of the water again. Time for some more decent names for Beni

Edited by andytommo

23 minutes ago, andytommo said:

They do announce on Fridays. AMs, Killers, QOTSA were announced as headliners for 2013 on the Friday before Xmas 2012.

I’d rim a stoat for either AMs or QOTSA to magically appear , already happy bunny though . See you down the front x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christoph1955 said:

Jesus there are so many shit/nobody acts being mentioned in this thread. It's time to just give up and enjoy it primarily as a beach holiday for me. 

I book to go to Beni every year, the week I get back, so the line up isn't always the be all and end all for me, or the people I go with, as it's a great festival combined with a top holiday.  Across the weekend, I hope that there's usually about 15-20 acts that I want to see.  Last year was a freak year, as there were 32 over the weekend who I would go and see at any festival, many of whom I'd also pay to see on a UK tour.  Of the 14 acts confirmed so far this year, there's already 10 who I'm really looking forward to catching, so it's a really good initial announcement so far, for me personally.  Hope there will be another 10+ more I like/want to see, announced between now and July, of which I'm in no doubt there will be.  At least then there'll be less clashes than there were last year!!!

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, andytommo said:

I book to go to Beni every year, the week I get back, so the line up isn't always the be all and end all for me, or the people I go with, as it's a great festival combined with a top holiday.  Across the weekend, I hope that there's usually about 15-20 acts that I want to see.  Last year was a freak year, as there were 32 over the weekend who I would go and see at any festival, many of whom I'd also pay to see on a UK tour.  Of the 14 acts confirmed so far this year, there's already 10 who I'm really looking forward to catching, so it's a really good initial announcement so far, for me personally.  Hope there will be another 10+ more I like/want to see, announced between now and July, of which I'm in no doubt there will be.  At least then there'll be less clashes than there were last year!!!

I have the same relationship with Sziget! The place is magical, concerts are a bonus (to a certain extent... but 2-3 good act per day is fine for me).