Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

8 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Id be buzzing but i don't think they're the type of act Beni would go for sadly.

I’m a regular glasto goer so benni is new to me, still trying to get to grips with who they go for, relatively happy with the lineup so far but would like a few more guitar acts over rap, still a week in the sun with live music can’t be beaten  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

how many of these to cross over ? And I just noticed its £197 for the weekend , hell !

Wouldn't be surprised to see either Jon Hopkins, Solange, The Breeders, The Charlatans or Jessie Ware added to the £95 FIB line up.

Edited by andytommo

12 minutes ago, Grant0806892 said:

So fiber leaks are teasing potential line up news this week. How accurate have they been in the past with this sort of stuff?

Hard to tell tbh they've stated bands which are and aren't playing but alot of the predictions to play this year haven't been announced yet (don't think they have predicted any act yet). The predictions of acts not playing seem like fairly accurate guesses tbh like stating Nick Cave wouldn't play is a pretty easy assumption to make as i don't think he's the sort of act the festival would book. The only thing I've seen them predict/confirm was that the last announcement leak was true when it was obvious it was true. They did correctly predict two door cinema club but thats the only correct prediction so far

Edited by Paulmcm1998

11 minutes ago, Grant0806892 said:

So fiber leaks are teasing potential line up news this week. How accurate have they been in the past with this sort of stuff?

Nothing. They know fuck all, read the 57 tweets - they follow patterns and make a claim on something that would be 90-100% agreed upon in here etc https://twitter.com/FIBER_Leaks/with_replies

2 minutes ago, andytommo said:

If there IS an announcement this week, and it includes Hinds, Anderson Paak, Miles Kane and Baxter Dury, and definitely no Diplo nor Imagine Dragons, then the person has credibility. Let’s wait and see.

AP & BD? Where?? also they have mentioned Chvrches. Full of shite

12 minutes ago, CJTM said:

I'll take my chances with @Mrs Toad

Come Closer child. You have knelt by the shores of the pond and paid your respects to your Fairy God Toad and for this, I shall grant you the blessing of some news from the future....

The pond burbles and fizzes like Pale Waves across the Twin Atlantic...

The PEACEfrog's mating season has begun and announced itself like a Cannonball or some kind of Divine Hammer...

Ps - Don't forget to bring you Inhaler

All is calm once more in the Voidz "crrrrrrOAK"

10 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Craig David’s TS5 doing Ibiza Rocks two nights before FIB starts, then Tramlines on Sun. A possibility for Thu/Fri???

He has held residency there through the summer for the past couple of years. 

I'd say he has to be considered, but I wonder whether he has any kind of Spanish exclusivity to Ibiza Rocks? 

50 minutes ago, Jancker19 said:

Saw RnL line-up. And you still want to complain about weakness of FIB? :)

It' a really poor line-up especially when they no glastonbury to compete with this year. Kendrick the only headliner id want to see and he won' be at beni 

*also several acts have shared a poster with Travis Scott on it wonder has he pulled out as not on the offical poster from the festival or will he be announced later

27 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Is there any chance Kings of Leon may be the final headliner? Leeds and Beni have shared headliners in the past....

Many had blanked them for FIB, as it didn’t look like KOL were playing out this summer, but now they obviously are. Melvin Benn’s got them signed up for R&L this summer, so who knows? Maybe he’s also got them for FIB?

Edited by andytommo

1 hour ago, Postman said:

anyone else think Alt-J a solid shout? headlining latitude with The Killers and have that weekend off in their schedule, Lorde as well as a second tier act? One of the better live solo artists out there atm

Alt-J playing BBK the weekend before Beni, so I’d say it’s unlikely, and Lorde’s in Asia the weekend of FIB.

15 minutes ago, Irelandfan said:

*also several acts have shared a poster with Travis Scott on it wonder has he pulled out as not on the offical poster from the festival or will he be announced later

Just noticed this now. If hes pulled out it seems strange that he would cancel dates in August but keep his July ones.