Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

36 minutes ago, mbee123 said:

Were from? A good addition I think if true 

That makes sense to me, looking at line up so far Jamiroquai would be an ideal final Headliner based on previous years. 

They are playing one gig in Germany I think on the 20th so would fit in? 

Edited by Anne111

24 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

me, I'll be surprised... because in 20 years I can't remember Jamiroquai on a Live Nation festie bill.

That might just be coincidence of course, but my take is that it's a theme.

Is Jamiroquai that big in 2018 to headline FIB? Even with this kind of a weak line-up.

13 hours ago, mbee123 said:

Were from? A good addition I think if true 

From a spanish forum yesterday:

" Hello friends.

It turns out that because of my work at the Barajas airport this morning I had to meet with the marketing director of a famous cosmetics company, he told me that he was going to London to meet with an artists agency with which they have just signed an advertising agreement and that they were going to record a spot with Jamiroquai to launch it in April. As I am superfan of Jamiro, I told him that I had been very sorry not to have been able to see him at his last concert in Madrid because he caught me working and he told me not to worry because I was going to come to Spain next July to play in "a festival of guiris that they organize in Valencia" (I asked him later if he was referring to the FIB and he said yes).

At first I thought I was kidding, but I promise that it is totally true, so much so that I just booked a hotel room and I already bought a couple of passes to go with my girlfriend that weekend to Benicassim. I've seen the poster and it's a mess. The Killers, the singer of Oasis, The Vaccines, Bastille. That's cool. So you know, if you are just as fans that I can go booking accommodation"

1 hour ago, Infestissumam said:

From a spanish forum yesterday:

" Hello friends.

It turns out that because of my work at the Barajas airport this morning I had to meet with the marketing director of a famous cosmetics company, he told me that he was going to London to meet with an artists agency with which they have just signed an advertising agreement and that they were going to record a spot with Jamiroquai to launch it in April. As I am superfan of Jamiro, I told him that I had been very sorry not to have been able to see him at his last concert in Madrid because he caught me working and he told me not to worry because I was going to come to Spain next July to play in "a festival of guiris that they organize in Valencia" (I asked him later if he was referring to the FIB and he said yes).

At first I thought I was kidding, but I promise that it is totally true, so much so that I just booked a hotel room and I already bought a couple of passes to go with my girlfriend that weekend to Benicassim. I've seen the poster and it's a mess. The Killers, the singer of Oasis, The Vaccines, Bastille. That's cool. So you know, if you are just as fans that I can go booking accommodation"

Link?

9 hours ago, eFestivals said:

me, I'll be surprised... because in 20 years I can't remember Jamiroquai on a Live Nation festie bill.

That might just be coincidence of course, but my take is that it's a theme.

Vince has booked him for a number of festivals during that period though, incl. Glastonbury & Phoenix, so obviously has the link there.  Wouldn’t be surprised at all if JK took that 4th headliner spot. Fits in with FIB, in him being a relatively inexpensive headliner, adding a bit of dance/funk/pop to a hip-hop headliner, and 2x indie-guitar-rock headliners (that would be a typical Benicassim line up).  For whoever was asking, he sold out his big arena show in Madrid at the end of last year, and is much bigger in Spain than TS or LG are.

Edited by andytommo

With AM out the way, my personal hope is that we get the Kooks! They're free from June onwards and only lined up for some German festival - I think there's a possibility they might be lining up a few dates...

Wouldn't mind the Libertines either!!

Still a real shame about AM tho - with Catfish and the Bottlemen, the Killers and Liam Gallagher we already have a great guitar lineup IMO.

On 2/5/2018 at 5:04 AM, Frnk said:

I'm still praying for AM ...Anyone else?

Same... Reading and Leeds is owned by the same company I think. Might be wrong about that. But I'm hoping against hope that negotiations are still going on for the two festivals, cuz I'd be surprised if AM don't play Reading and Leeds, with no Glasto and TRSNMT being the only British festival date. Often if a band plays one fest, they play the other?

Pulling at straws tho tbh hahah