Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

I'm quite a big fan of hip hop and so certainly not adverse to a rap headliner, but to me Travis Scott is so far away from the best rappers out there at the moment. I know he's getting bigger and bigger in the States but I doubt most people going to Beni would know any more than 2 or 3 songs tops.

That said, I've just been googling reviews of his live shows (what else was I going to do while waiting for a haircut?) and they unanimously say he's a great performer who brings a lot of energy and the set design and special effects can be pretty spectacular, so I'm going to keep an open mind.

• Like 1

As it’s my husbands birthday, I’m feeling very, very generous. 

The pond is full of culchie music and my husband is loving the craic.

Sleaford Mods - 78% 

Cage the Elephant - 88%

thee Oh sees - 56%

Beck as final headliner - 89%

Justice late night act - 89%

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mrs Toad said:

As it’s my husbands birthday, I’m feeling very, very generous. 

The pond is full of culchie music and my husband is loving the craic.

Sleaford Mods - 78% 

Cage the Elephant - 88%

thee Oh sees - 56%

Beck as final headliner - 89%

Justice late night act - 89%

Justice confirmed for Super bock super rock on the 19th, so can't see that happening unfortunately...

14 hours ago, jarx1 said:

Justice confirmed for Super bock super rock on the 19th, so can't see that happening unfortunately...

So they could easily play FIB on 20th/21st/22nd???  Would make perfect sense, especially as both these festivals have shared acts in the past, other than if it wasn't for the little issue that Justice are playing Mad Cool the weekend before Beni, so it depends if they are 'exclusive' for the Madrid based festival.  Would cream my pants to see Justice doing the late night (3am-4.30am) main stage set on the Sun night, signing off the festival in style!!!

14 hours ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Is an announcement likely soon since prices are going up?

If it's anything like the last few years, the next announcement should be due mid-March, then a further big update end of April, with full/final line up announced in June

19 minutes ago, andytommo said:

So they could easily play FIB on 20th/21st/22nd???  Would make perfect sense, especially as both these festivals have shared acts in the past, other than if it wasn't for the little issue that Justice are playing Mad Cool the weekend before Beni, so it depends if they are 'exclusive' for the Madrid based festival.  Would cream my pants to see Justice doing the late night (3am-4.30am) main stage set on the Sun night, signing off the festival in style!!!

I hope you’re right, I had given up hope after seeing the super bock announcement. Do Mad Cool often make their acts “exclusives?” I don’t know much about that kind of stuff. 

1 hour ago, jarx1 said:

I hope you’re right, I had given up hope after seeing the super bock announcement. Do Mad Cool often make their acts “exclusives?” I don’t know much about that kind of stuff. 

Sometimes, especially headlienrs - but it's mainly the fact of 'would an international band be back in Spain again the following weekend, for another festival'?  Last year, I think it was just Foals & Dinosaur Jr who played Mad Cool the week prior, and then also played Beni.  Mad Cool / BBK acts more likely to play NOS Alive in Lisbon, than Beni, as they all take place the weekend before FIB.  I'm sure there'll be 1 or 2 again this year, who play MC/BBK, then also play FIB, but subs/lower level acts, as opposed to headliners.  Justice could be one???

Edited by andytommo

2 hours ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Damn that's a long wait fingers crossed they move an announcement to end of February 

I hate (every year) this 5-6 week wait from Jan-Apr, as I'm just so impatient. Although putting into prospective, Primavera (2 months before FIB) have only announced their line up less than 2 weeks ago.  Then in the UK, Latitude and Reading/Leeds, still no announcements at all, same with Longitude in Ireland, and ditto Kendal Calling, Y Not, and many more.......

4 minutes ago, andytommo said:

I hate (every year) this 5-6 week wait from Jan-Apr, as I'm just so impatient. Although putting into prospective, Primavera (2 months before FIB) have only announced their line up less than 2 weeks ago.  Then in the UK, Latitude and Reading/Leeds, still no announcements at all, same with Longitude in Ireland, and ditto Kendal Calling, Y Not, and many more.......

Yeah its brutal I'm still considering going to R&L as well. The wait for announcements has been unbearable this year 

3 hours ago, Vasodeagua said:

The next announcement will be around 13-15 of February. A few bands will be shared with Mad Cool, Justice will be one of them.

Don't expect a big headliner for the remaining headliner slot. Something along last year's Foals-Deadmau5-Planetas.

Any substance behind that?

7 hours ago, Vasodeagua said:

The next announcement will be around 13-15 of February. A few bands will be shared with Mad Cool, Justice will be one of them.

Don't expect a big headliner for the remaining headliner slot. Something along last year's Foals-Deadmau5-Planetas.

To be fair, deadmau5 was one of the acts of the weekend last year.