Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

26 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Is there a big AM announcement due on Monday morning, re the album/tour???

By the sounds of it, yeah. Evey festival they're supposed to be playing has an announcement lined up for monday, and they're also rumoured to be making further announcements which i'd assume was comeback and tour and album, maybe even a single!

1 minute ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Surely no chance of AM, why would they announce 3 headliners on Wednesday then another one the next week? Just doesn't make much sense imo

Because there is an embargo on european announcements for AM. They physically couldn't announce them on wednesday. Plus, it's the biggest headliner, so makes sense to announce it on its own like they did with the killers

Just now, DRH0503 said:

Because there is an embargo on european announcements for AM. They physically couldn't announce them on wednesday. Plus, it's the biggest headliner, so makes sense to announce it on its own like they did with the killers

Yeah I know there was an embargo but 2 announcements so close together just doesn't make sense to me and based on last year at least a 4th headliner never even materialised and they just bumped up Foals. 

14 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Yeah I know there was an embargo but 2 announcements so close together just doesn't make sense to me and based on last year at least a 4th headliner never even materialised and they just bumped up Foals. 

sziget did the same basically

26 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Yeah I know there was an embargo but 2 announcements so close together just doesn't make sense to me

two announcements equals two opportunities at publicity to get potential buyers attention.

But also in this case, announcing next week misses getting at the pay-packets of people paid this week, when there were alternative things available people might have been tempted with.

I've no idea if they're announcing more next week, but there's reasons why they might do that.

Surely if we were getting AM they would make the announcement on Monday and put out a teaser towards it like all other festivals 

Have beni ever made a surprise announcement without teasing it 1st? I can' take the "stay tuned" comment on the post Wednesday as a teaser building up for an AM announcement 

6 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

If AM isn't the final headliner who is it likely to be I feel they need another big headliner to sell tickets and I feel they are only stadium sized band other than Pearl Jam which is touring 

Agree they need another big name to sell tickets as apart from the killers I can't see many buying tickets because of the other 2 named (Liam Gallagher only played last year remember) if it'snot arctic monkeys its hard to know who it could be but always a chance they could surprise everyone with someone that's not been announced for anywhere yet

3 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

If AM isn't the final headliner who is it likely to be I feel they need another big headliner to sell tickets and I feel they are only stadium sized band other than Pearl Jam which is touring 

PJ confirmed for Thu night at Mad Cool, aren't they?

Arcade Fire playing USA festivals the weekend prior, so can't see them bringing the whole entourage over to EU for festivals the next weekend?

Foo's playing USA festivals same weekend as Beni.

Gorillaz/Depeche/QOTSA all confirmed to headline either BBK or MC the weekend prior, so who does that leave, who are big enough to be a second major headliner, and playing gigs this summer???

Arctic Monkeys? Eminem? The Cure? The National?

Surely has to be one of these four, doesn't it?

3 minutes ago, andytommo said:

PJ confirmed for Thu night at Mad Cool, aren't they?

Arcade Fire playing USA festivals the weekend prior, so can't see them bringing the whole entourage over to EU for festivals the next weekend?

Foo's playing USA festivals same weekend as Beni.

Gorillaz/Depeche/QOTSA all confirmed to headline either BBK or MC the weekend prior, so who does that leave, who are big enough to be a second major headliner, and playing gigs this summer???

Arctic Monkeys? Eminem? The Cure? The National?

Surely has to be one of these four, doesn't it?

I think the cure are a BST european exclusive, Eminem seems less likely since Travis Scott is headlining i don't think there's ever been two rap headliners and The National i think are great but don't think it'd appeal to the Beni audience and they're pretty likely for Primavera. Only big headliner i can see is Green Day if they decide to tour their greatest hits album

Surely they will be following the previous trend by the 4th headliner being classed as dance. I've been thinking Jamiroquai could be a great shout whoever it was that mentioned that previously. Alternatively Daft Punk/The Chemical Brothers - I've always wanted to see the Chemical Brothers and saw Jamiroquai in Madrid last year so preference is one of them 2.

1 hour ago, Anne111 said:

Surely they will be following the previous trend by the 4th headliner being classed as dance. I've been thinking Jamiroquai could be a great shout whoever it was that mentioned that previously. Alternatively Daft Punk/The Chemical Brothers - I've always wanted to see the Chemical Brothers and saw Jamiroquai in Madrid last year so preference is one of them 2.

Chemicals ruled out - the play BBK and Low Festival in July.

I think it could be Florence + Jamiroquai, but prefer Libertines + Phonics or something like that.

3 hours ago, Anne111 said:

Haha Beni will not be getting Daft Punks first show in 12 years.

Anyone able to give me some information on the elctronic stuff at beni? I hear they start the djs after the main acts and they usually play early into the morning, but are any of these Djs usually big names? Big into the techno so was hoping to see some Kolsch, Bicep or Fatima Yamaha stuff . 

Hi, new here and no idea if I'm doing this right or if I'll get response but hey ho

I have previously stayed in both Castellon and Oropesa, both good, but prices seem to be much higher this year so we've booked a hotel in Vila-Real, probably should have asked this before booking but does anyone know if this is going to be a nightmare to get to/from the festival?

2 hours ago, jarx1 said:

Anyone able to give me some information on the elctronic stuff at beni? I hear they start the djs after the main acts and they usually play early into the morning, but are any of these Djs usually big names? Big into the techno so was hoping to see some Kolsch, Bicep or Fatima Yamaha stuff . 

Search previous line ups mate , might answer your question x

1 hour ago, jazwalks said:

Hi, new here and no idea if I'm doing this right or if I'll get response but hey ho

I have previously stayed in both Castellon and Oropesa, both good, but prices seem to be much higher this year so we've booked a hotel in Vila-Real, probably should have asked this before booking but does anyone know if this is going to be a nightmare to get to/from the festival?

Shuttle bus to castellon then taxi to vila-Real or taxi straight to Vila-Real probably only options unless you wait for trains to start running in the morning..you'll probably be able to get to Beni during the day on the train