Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

Just now, TheFullShaboo said:

Now Travis Scott is a headliner does that put to bed the rumour of Eminem headlining? Surely Beni wouldn't have two American rappers headlining....

Yes, I think Eminen is dead in the water.

Maybe Arctic Monkeys for both Mad Cool & Benicassim - can anyone see this happening, given that both festivals still appear to have a gap for 1 final headliner?

If not, Benicassim's final headliner needs to be a 'biggie', based on the fact that we now have 2 x smaller headliners, and 1 x biggie, in the 3 announced to date.

18 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Yes, I think Eminen is dead in the water.

Maybe Arctic Monkeys for both Mad Cool & Benicassim - can anyone see this happening, given that both festivals still appear to have a gap for 1 final headliner?

If not, Benicassim's final headliner needs to be a 'biggie', based on the fact that we now have 2 x smaller headliners, and 1 x biggie, in the 3 announced to date.

Apparently, AM are to be announced for MadCool and Primavera, and it is very unlikely for them to do all 3 Spanish festivals. That being said, I'm not ruling them out and I'm praying for our last headliner to be Arctics so I can quite literally fulfil one of my life's goals!

50 minutes ago, DRH0503 said:

Apparently, AM are to be announced for MadCool and Primavera, and it is very unlikely for them to do all 3 Spanish festivals. That being said, I'm not ruling them out and I'm praying for our last headliner to be Arctics so I can quite literally fulfil one of my life's goals!

Yeah, the Primavera date looks too much of a coincidence for it not to be them now. Also, Beni would surely have just waited until Monday if they had AM. Hopefully they also announce a UK tour so you can catch them then (or did you mean specifically to see them at Beni?). I'm hoping for a big stadium gig in the UK personally.

12 minutes ago, Mattd1205 said:

Yeah, the Primavera date looks too much of a coincidence for it not to be them now. Also, Beni would surely have just waited until Monday if they had AM. Hopefully they also announce a UK tour so you can catch them then (or did you mean specifically to see them at Beni?). I'm hoping for a big stadium gig in the UK personally.

Just to see them really, but preferably a festival!

29 minutes ago, Mattd1205 said:

Neil sounds very certain on TRNSMT, get yourself to Glasgow!

Yeah I've heard that too it's just an incredibly expensive festival seeing as there's no camping (would have to get a hotel) plus is spans over 2 weekends which is awkward as fuck!

6 minutes ago, DRH0503 said:

Yeah I've heard that too it's just an incredibly expensive festival seeing as there's no camping (would have to get a hotel) plus is spans over 2 weekends which is awkward as fuck!

Could just buy a ticket for the day arctic monkeys are playing if they the main reason you would have for attending 

I'e myself convinced benicassim not going to get arctic monkeys so if they do manage to pull it off I will be pleasantly surprised 

43 minutes ago, Irelandfan said:

Could just buy a ticket for the day arctic monkeys are playing if they the main reason you would have for attending 

I'e myself convinced benicassim not going to get arctic monkeys so if they do manage to pull it off I will be pleasantly surprised 

Yeah I know, but travel from manchester + ticket + hotel + food and drink would end up being a small fortune!

10 hours ago, andytommo said:

Last year was the first time that they have sold out of festival + camping tickets for about 7 years, and that was due to the strongest line-up, and one of the world's biggest bands headlining on Sat night.

It won't sell out this year, even if AM's are added to the current line-up (only the FF's headlining this year would see it anywhere near full, and that ain't going to happen), but tickets will increase from next week, then probably at one further stage between now and May/June, up to a maximum rate of approx €150

Quality! Feel like this thread may be slightly biased, but looking to go to an EU festival this year for the first time, would you recommend FIB or suggest another? As it being my first festival abroad looking for what will offer the best experience overall rather than just the lineup :)

1 minute ago, Scrubb said:

Quality! Feel like this thread may be slightly biased, but looking to go to an EU festival this year for the first time, would you recommend FIB or suggest another? As it being my first festival abroad looking for what will offer the best experience overall rather than just the lineup :)

I've been both Mad Cool & Werchter, even if Ting Tings headlined every night, Beni is a far better package, esp over the later. You won't regret it 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Beni is like a mates beach holiday but instead of clubbing at night you’ve got amazing live bands. Quite frankly it shits all over any other festival regardless of the line up. 

Nightclubs in Marina D'or don't close until 8am so you can make the most of both.

1 minute ago, danz026 said:

Is that at Oropesa Del Mar? We camped last year but think if we go again this year it’ll be an apartment there 

Just outside Oropesa. Would definitely recommend it, decent pubs and clubs, quality beach and constant shuttle buses to the festival.