Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

9 minutes ago, Irelandfan said:

Went listened to few of travis Scott's stuff on YouTube and I only know 1 song of his. Could he really be strong enough to headline on his own one of the nights... I hope that's not the case as would mean the headliners on that poster are extremely weak

To kick off the weekend, I reckon so. 

- Travis Scott 

- The Killers 

- Florence with Two Door on the undercard

- LG with The Streets as Special Guest 

Plenty more acts to come; but I only predict for 1 more headliner. UNLESS of course they pursue the co/trio format for one of the nights - It’s anyone’s guess. 

If this poster does include 3 of the outright headliners then with TDCC and another TBC  as the 4th it does look a bit weak at the top of the bill.

Some good acts on the bill but nothing yet to make you say...”holy shit I’d sell a kidney to go”

It is lacking any big dance act yet too. Would happily see Fatboy, Chems and/or Justice in there but I know for other ties and recently playing makes the latter 2 less likely. I’d also welcome back Crystal fighters in a heartbeat, thought they were fantastic last year but again less likely to repeat year on year especially with Liam doing so.

Nothing majorly wrong with it but so far seems a bit samey and safe. 

The most exciting thing on there for me so far is Tune Yards!

Flights are booked anyway. So I can whinge all I want... I’ll still be there loving every minute when we’re there! 

Thursday: Travis Scott (subbed by the Vaccines and followed by a dance act)

Friday: Spanish band/TDCC/Dance act co-headline

Saturday: The Killers (subbed by Catfish and followed by Wolf Alice)

Sunday: Liam Gallagher (Subbed by Bastille and followed by Everything Everything)

IMO how it will play out.

8 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

The line up reads better from the bottom upwards!

Yeah I agree; EvEv, Tune-Yards, Wolf Alice etc are all top quality indie/alt acts (that i assume the majority of FIB goers will hate :P

Aside from the headliners, this is a better announcement for me than the one this time last year.

I'd say TDCC, Bastille (and maybe even The Vacinnes) are about as popular as Foals, especially with the FIB crowd, so I wouldn't be expected if they get some kinda co-headline status. 

Not the best, but one more BIG headliner (Apart from Eminem) and ill be happy!

Anyway, regardless of the lineup, its always one of the highlights of my year. Warm weather, cheap beer and a good group of friends, what else do you want!

Mind you, i am going Mad Cool the weekend before as well which may have softened the blow with this announcement ha.

I'm gonna be seeing 3 bands I have wanted see for a long time, so I am happy out in that sense. 

As others have said, the dance acts haven't been announced yet, so there is some hope there. Any of Justice / Diplo etc etc. I wonder would Chrvches and/or XX / Jamie XX fall into that category too? 

And speaking of beer, how much is drink inside the festival?  

14 minutes ago, fitz_xoxo said:

I'm gonna be seeing 3 bands I have wanted see for a long time, so I am happy out in that sense. 

As others have said, the dance acts haven't been announced yet, so there is some hope there. Any of Justice / Diplo etc etc. I wonder would Chrvches and/or XX / Jamie XX fall into that category too? 

And speaking of beer, how much is drink inside the festival?  

They use a token system, 1 token is 3 euros. Think 1 token gets you 300ml cup of beer, or for 3 tokens you get a litre cup of it! 

I camp and do most of my drinking there, so apologies if wrong! Im sure someone else will be able to confirm though. 

• Upvote 1

Would have thought LG would be a co headliner seeing as he was on the sub card last year. That being said, I'll see yous down the front - I'll be the one sweating his tits off and screaming his head off (whilst embarrassing his girlfriend) at morning glory x

3 minutes ago, DRH0503 said:

Would have thought LG would be a co headliner seeing as he was on the sub card last year. That being said, I'll see yous down the front - I'll be the one sweating his tits off and screaming his head off (whilst embarrassing his girlfriend) at morning glory x

its a date mate 

Catfish have said on their website that they are playing the Thursday. Hoping for the Manics and or Stereophonics along with Amazons and the Struts, other acts lower down the card I am hoping for are Temperence Movement, Snuts  and Hamsandwich ( they were awesome a few years ago), and hopefully some of last years Scottish breakthroughs like Catholic Action and Baby Strange.,but at the moment I'm happy with what's been announced. Not a fan of LG but having seen him last year and listened to his album, he will def be a crowd pleaser.

Roll on the Summer

10 minutes ago, demondrummer said:

Catfish have said on their website that they are playing the Thursday. Hoping for the Manics and or Stereophonics along with Amazons and the Struts, other acts lower down the card I am hoping for are Temperence Movement, Snuts  and Hamsandwich ( they were awesome a few years ago), and hopefully some of last years Scottish breakthroughs like Catholic Action and Baby Strange.,but at the moment I'm happy with what's been announced. Not a fan of LG but having seen him last year and listened to his album, he will def be a crowd pleaser.

Roll on the Summer

I think Catfish just put the first day of the fest as their date. I assume they'd do the same days as the Killers who are playing that festival in France the same weekend too.

7 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

I think Catfish just put the first day of the fest as their date. I assume they'd do the same days as the Killers who are playing that festival in France the same weekend too.

I'd assume they're playing the Thursday, as they only state the 19th on their website. Otherwise, it would open them up to big costs with people saying they bought a Thursday ticket to see CATB cos their website said that was the right day.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, jack12895 said:

Would f**king love for Gerry Cinnamon to be announced. Don't know if hes ever played outside Glasgow though!

Would be brilliant and I'd assume this would be the perfect foreign festival to start with considering his style and fanbase. He fits into this lineup really well!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DRH0503 said:

All this lineup needs now is Blossoms, Sundara Karma, Courteeners, and a big fuck off band *cough*Arctic Monkeys*cough* and it'll be fucking perfect. Right up my street this one. Buzzing!

Add Editors and/or snow patrol to that list and you've got yourself a deal!

21 minutes ago, DRH0503 said:

I'd assume they're playing the Thursday, as they only state the 19th on their website. Otherwise, it would open them up to big costs with people saying they bought a Thursday ticket to see CATB cos their website said that was the right day.

It's a very common practice for acts to list the first day of the festival until it's revealed though.

14 minutes ago, SCG95 said:

With LollaParis only taking place over 2 days, I'd expect Travis Scott, Killers, CaTB and NBT all to play either Thu OR Fri at Beni. CaTB on before or after The Killers could be a shout on the main stage, Friday.

Very true 

2 hours ago, DRH0503 said:

All this lineup needs now is Blossoms, Sundara Karma, Courteeners, and a big fuck off band *cough*Arctic Monkeys*cough* and it'll be fucking perfect. Right up my street this one. Buzzing!

"Due to unprecedented demand stemming from the annual Benicassim Festival in Spain, we regret to inform that we have in fact ran out of Strongbow Dark Fruits."

• Upvote 1