Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

4 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Arctics headlined 2011 & 2013, and his stock has only grown since 2016. I just wouldn't rule it out, would be a the cheaper option than Eminem?

Hoping there is a good undercard of at least 15 bands

With them headlining Mad Cool and strong rumours about Primavera don't think there is a possibility for FIB to book AM.

2 minutes ago, Jancker19 said:

With them headlining Mad Cool and strong rumours about Primavera don't think there is a possibility for FIB to book AM.

I'm not on about AM, they aren't going to do it this year - was referring to Kendrick

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Irelandfan said:

Think 3 of them 4 could possibly happen but wont headline in that order.

If Eminem is on the lineup he will get the Saturday slot like chili peppers last year. 

Think killers will get the Sunday slot like kasabian last year

Royal blood on the Friday along with 1 or 2 more co-headliners (probably a dance act with them maybe chemical brothers?)

That leave the Thursday slot to fill. Maybe someone like the sterophonics could do it

If they have Eminem in the lineup I don't see them having arctic monkeys too as both would demand a big appearance fee and both would want the Saturday headliner slot. 

I went down the same route as last year

Thursday - American pop/hip hop artist

Friday - British up and coming band

Saturday - Massive American band

Sunday - Massive British band

Agree that Royal Blood on Friday will probably be a co-headline. Possibly 3-way with a Spanish act and a dance act, that wouldn’t shock me. 

1 hour ago, danz026 said:

Too much smoke about Eminem for there not to be any fire IMO.

Thursday: Eminem

Friday: Royal Blood

Saturday: The Killers

Sunday: Arctic Monkeys 

FIB doesn't have the funds/income to have Eminem AND the AM's, in addition to The Killers, not with only 35k-40k attendees, many of whom pay no more than £100 for their 4 day/1 week ticket.  I think the funds would only stretch to one of these two,  plus The Killers, with the likes of maybe Florence or Fatboy (or that similar cost/size) for Fri night, and something like a double headline bill of Stereophonics + Royal Blood for the first night of the festival???

Edited by andytommo

I suspect AM will announce their dates next week, hence why it’s essential that FIB get something out this week. 

Travis Scott has only announced 1 date in Europe so far, so he must be in contention. As for a trio of acts for a night; Two Door, Hinds & a dance act/DJ would work. 

Roll on Thursday! 

1 hour ago, Jancker19 said:

Probably Catfish and The Bottlemen could fill the co-headline slot with TDDC for example

Would be happy enough with that for thurs/fri. Miles Kane i've heard a few rumours of. Would like to see couple bands like the Pigeon Detectives and The Wombats lower down the bill. AM are who we're all hoping for but don't want to get too excited

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

"BIG LINEUP news THIS Thursday" - How many acts are we expecting? One headliner? Poster with day splits? 

Expecting Eminem, hoping the Strokes and/or Libertines....

Would have thought it was the basic lineup with a few acts for each day announce plus the headliners for the thursday and either saturday or sunday to be announced too. This will be the one where you decide whether to go or not I think...

10 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

"BIG LINEUP news THIS Thursday" - How many acts are we expecting? One headliner? Poster with day splits? 

The Strokes band members are doing their own thing this year unfortunately. In fact, Casablancas has just released this with The Voidz:

32 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Seems to be a potential big guitar band missing to me, assuming the AM are at MC which is why I think they'll be a double headliner for that. Foos are ruled out, RHCP played last year, Green Day don't seem to be doing anything next year. Arcade Fire anyone? - free that weekend and no Spanish dates, could well be an exclusive?

Edit - forgot that the Killers had already been announced.

TDCC, Eminem, Jamiroquai, FATM, Justice, Libertines, Tyler the Creator have all got to be in the mix for Beni this year.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

Let's put our heads on the blocks then, ahead of Thursday's announcement - Who do you think the next/remaining 3 headliners will be, in addition to The Killers?

I'm going;

- ARCADE FIRE

- EMINEM

- JAMIROQUAI

With The Streets, Stereophonics (but not to be announced for another 2 weeks at earliest), Royal Blood, & Lorde as the 4 x main stage subs.

Who are you going with, folks??? 

17 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Let's put our heads on the blocks then, ahead of Thursday's announcement - Who do you think the next/remaining 3 headliners will be, in addition to The Killers?

I'm going;

- ARCADE FIRE

- EMINEM

- JAMIROQUAI

With The Streets, Stereophonics (but not to be announced for another 2 weeks at earliest), Royal Blood, & Lorde as the 4 x main stage subs.

Who are you going with, folks??? 

Eminem, Mumford and Sons and Florence.

Two Door, Vaccines, Jamiroquai, Royal Blood, Miles Kane and Twin Atlantic all on the undercard.