Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

46 minutes ago, fitz_xoxo said:

BBC Radio 1 just said that they are gonna be taking about Benicassim Festival tomorrow (Friday) morning. Could be some announcements live then. They generally have some big announcements made live on the breakfast show.  

It's seems that they will announce the winner of Jan Slam competition. But who knows... :)

Edited by Jancker19

52 minutes ago, fitz_xoxo said:

BBC Radio 1 just said that they are gonna be taking about Benicassim Festival tomorrow (Friday) morning. Could be some announcements live then. They generally have some big announcements made live on the breakfast show.  

They're giving away 2 tickets plus flights and glamping to the Jan Slam winner. I don't think it's going to come hand in hand with an announcement because they've done the same down Download/R&L/TRNSMT/BST this week and there was no announcement for any of them.

On 16/01/2018 at 4:47 PM, The Toad. said:

He Who Doubts The Toad Shall Be Smited By His WiSDoM. 

John Anthony Gillis - now 88% HL

Royal Blood - 44%

Wolf Alice - 44%

Alice In Chains - 29%

The Toad Has Croaked. 

John Anthony Gillis (Jack White) - 88% certain to headline???

But less than 48hrs later, is now headlining Mad Cool?

There's your reputation fallen totally off the lilypad, and drowned!!!

(and Wolf Alice 44% for FIB - also confirmed today for MC)

Edited by andytommo
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Is there likely to be much crossover between the beni and mad cool lineups??

Only Dinosaur Jr & Foals last year, I believe, and I think only Biffy from the year before that.  So very unlikely.  Unusual that the same (international) act would play two consecutive weekends in Spain.  Whoever is playing NOS Alive in Lisbon has a good chance of playing MC/BBK, as it's the same weekend, ditto Super Bock Super Bock, which is the festival which has shared most bands with Benicassim over the past 6-7 years.

9 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Only Dinosaur Jr & Foals last year, I believe, and I think only Biffy from the year before that.  So very unlikely.  Unusual that the same (international) act would play two consecutive weekends in Spain.  Whoever is playing NOS Alive in Lisbon has a good chance of playing MC/BBK, as it's the same weekend, ditto Super Bock Super Bock, which is the festival which has shared most bands with Benicassim over the past 6-7 years.

Alright there just seems to be so little speculation of what bands are playing Beni this year whereas other European  july festivals are much easier to predict lineups or at least headliners. Is it always like this or has this just been an odd year for lineup announcements for Beni

11 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Alright there just seems to be so little speculation of what bands are playing Beni this year whereas other European  july festivals are much easier to predict lineups or at least headliners. Is it always like this or has this just been an odd year for lineup announcements for Beni

Possibly because Mad Cool has taken a lot of the attention with its early announcements and insane line-up. Beni is itself in quite a similar position to last year in that they have announced one huge American band with an announcement to (probably) come later this month with quite a few names. There has been speculation though. Go back a few pages and you’ll find a lot of logical guesses and the odd leak. Personally I expect Eminem, Royal Blood, 2 Door as well as Chrvches and Miles Kane (last 2 are leaks). Few shouts for Lana del Rey and Bruno Mars (not sure if they’re still possible) 

34 minutes ago, Mattd1205 said:

Possibly because Mad Cool has taken a lot of the attention with its early announcements and insane line-up. Beni is itself in quite a similar position to last year in that they have announced one huge American band with an announcement to (probably) come later this month with quite a few names. There has been speculation though. Go back a few pages and you’ll find a lot of logical guesses and the odd leak. Personally I expect Eminem, Royal Blood, 2 Door as well as Chrvches and Miles Kane (last 2 are leaks). Few shouts for Lana del Rey and Bruno Mars (not sure if they’re still possible) 

Well that leaked poster with Eminem, Lana etc was definitely fake. There was even a mistake in del Rey name. Bruno Mars has two solo shows in Spain in late June, so I guess he's also out from Beni.