Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

2 minutes ago, jack12895 said:

With The Killers Eminem and AM being announced for firefly there could be the possibility of all 3 at Beni too? Would have thought they would have included the coordinated from the instagram story though so doesn't fill me with confidence

Personally, I don't think that both The Killers and Arctic Monkeys will play Benicassim, as this replicates the 2 x main headliners from 2013 festival.

Just now, andytommo said:

Personally, I don't think that both The Killers and Arctic Monkeys will play Benicassim, as this replicates the 2 x main headliners from 2013 festival.

I think they're all set for Mad Cool, accepted it a while ago. Then again Depeche Mode play 4 French festivals in close proximity. Would they do both Beni & MC? Unlikely - but you just never know

1 hour ago, Irelandfan said:

Well judging by the video that they had live on their Instagram page earlier they playing mad cool. Firefly was another festival that matched up with dates and coordinates and they just announce their line-up with arctic monkeys on it 

its fake mate

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Irelandfan said:

I seen post on Twitter saying it fake alright. Well done if it is a fake, I've thought they would do mad cool over benicassim for a while now so it doesn't change my mind tbh

i don't understand where the mad cool rumors have come from? Will they play it, possibly yes - but i don't know why everyone is writing them off Beni?

Just now, Honeybane said:

i don't understand where the mad cool rumors have come from? Will they play it, possibly yes - but i don't know why everyone is writing them off Beni?

Someone involved with mad cool festival said on another site the Friday headliners both have a E in their name and 1s from uk/Europe. That's where the arctic monkeys and Jack white rumours really took off 

If they are playing mad cool would think they would try best to get exclusive for Spain etc and not often see the Spanish festivals share big headline acts 

Time will tell i guess not 1st time beni has taken its time with a line-up announcement and it's ended up with decent line-up same will happen this year 

4 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

It's unusual for an act to play both due to competition between the festivals. However, I'd feel personally insulted if I saw my favourite band, ARCTIC FUCKING MONKEYS the biggest band in the world, coheadline with Jack White. Not even the same league.

5 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

The community manager of Mad Cool posts on a Spanish forum that has been linked in the Mad Cool thread many times. He has all but confirmed Arctic Monkeys and Jack White countless times. Everyone on there has accepted those are the final two headliners and he even made a post yesterday saying the the final headliners are who we know.

Even aside from him pretty much confirming those two specific acts, he said the two headliners are both guitar acts, each one has one letter 'e' in their name, and at least one is from Europe. Also said neither act has played Spain yet on their current tour. He ruled out Muse, Radiohead and pretty much any other act who could fit those clues, so that everyone had pretty much accepted it was probably Arctic Monkeys and Jack White who he was referring to, and ever since then he's become more and more blatant with his confirmations that everyone is correct with those two acts.

There are quite a few alternate possibilities for Beni headliners without Arctic Monkeys. Eminem, Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Royal Blood, TDCC, Bruno Mars (he was being discussed as a potential headliner at one point but I feel like less people are saying him now so he may have been ruled out for whatever reason), and probably more I'm forgetting.

8 minutes ago, DRH0503 said:

It's unusual for an act to play both due to competition between the festivals. However, I'd feel personally insulted if I saw my favourite band, ARCTIC FUCKING MONKEYS the biggest band in the world, coheadline with Jack White. Not even the same league.

They're not the biggest band in the world at all and Jack White has done as much as them to deserve being a headliner, considering his White Stripes, The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather material alongside his solo albums.

Imagine feeling personally insulted over such a thing though ffs.

12 minutes ago, DRH0503 said:

ditto mate

15 minutes ago, Irelandfan said:

Someone involved with mad cool festival said on another site the Friday headliners both have a E in their name and 1s from uk/Europe. That's where the arctic monkeys and Jack white rumours really took off 

If they are playing mad cool would think they would try best to get exclusive for Spain etc and not often see the Spanish festivals share big headline acts 

Time will tell i guess not 1st time beni has taken its time with a line-up announcement and it's ended up with decent line-up same will happen this year 

heavily linked to Primavera Barca too

14 minutes ago, Irelandfan said:

I’m sure Mad Cool will have tried to get them as a Spain exclusive but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’d be successful in doing so. Remember AM have all the leverage and could probably demand a massive salary from both MC and FIB without having to sign an exclusivity agreement. 

3 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

heavily linked to Primavera Barca too

Not really other than the video that was confirmed fake. Hardly anyone is expecting them at Prima otherwise.

3 minutes ago, danz026 said:

I’m sure Mad Cool will have tried to get them as a Spain exclusive but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’d be successful in doing so. Remember AM have all the leverage and could probably demand a massive salary from both MC and FIB without having to sign an exclusivity agreement. 

They're in no different a position to the majority of headline acts, and almost every major headline act doesn't play more than one Spanish festival in a year. If they can get the likes of Pearl Jam on an exclusive they can get Arctic Monkeys on an exclusive (yes, Pearl Jam are a bigger band than Arctic Monkeys outside of the UK).

15 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

They're not the biggest band in the world at all and Jack White has done as much as them to deserve being a headliner, considering his White Stripes, The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather material alongside his solo albums.

If you think that they aren't the biggest then you've been living under a rock mate. Jack White nowhere near AM status.

9 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

If they can get the likes of Pearl Jam on an exclusive they can get Arctic Monkeys on an exclusive (yes, Pearl Jam are a bigger band than Arctic Monkeys outside of the UK).

Nope. It doesn't work like that. A promoter can only sign someone exclusively if they're willing to be signed exclusively; some are, some aren't.

22 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

LOL. I'm damn sure the AMs would not be offended for a moment to share headlining duties with a legitimate musical genius who snaps his fingers and creates headliner acts. Bear in mind that the White Stripes (if he grabbed Meg back or just billed himself that way) would be the #1 headliner at any festival anywhere today. 

Not to mention Jack White is an unabashed fan of the AMs and probably brought them a lot of fans: http://www.nme.com/news/music/the-raconteurs-63-1364587

Just now, Honeybane said:

and there is no way in a million years AMs are willing to be signed exclusively 

You do realise exclusively means Spain? I don't see why it's such a wild theory to assume Arctic Monkeys might only play one Spanish festival this year, like most headliners do.

If they do two, I'd have thought Primavera are the more likely second given that it's six weeks before MC/Beni, I really can't see them doing two Spanish dates two weekends in a row.

10 minutes ago, DRH0503 said:

If you think that they aren't the biggest then you've been living under a rock mate. Jack White nowhere near AM status.

Where do you live? I'm from the UK and I accept that they're one of the biggest bands here (along with Foos and Coldplay). In Europe they're not as big as they are here. In America they're even smaller (they only reached headline status on the back of AM). I've not been living under a rock, I'm just realistic about the fact they're not as big a band outside of the UK. Go and ask in any of the other threads for international forums whether Arctic Monkeys are the biggest band that festival could book and most people will tell you no (Benicassim seems to be full of people from the UK which is why I say any of the other international fests).

I know Jack White is nowhere near as big as them. But he's done enough to deserve being a headline act; he's one of the most talented and respected musicians in the world, much more so than any member of Arctic Monkeys.

In reality Arctic Monkeys will play at the usual headline time with Jack White probably on just before them, but also being billed as a headliner because of demands to be billed as one, or because they feel he deserves to be billed as one. It takes nothing away from Arctic Monkeys.

1 minute ago, Honeybane said:

and there is no way in a million years AMs are willing to be signed exclusively 

You're looking at it from a UK perspective. Arctic Monkeys aren't as big elsewhere. They're smaller than Pearl Jam, and Pearl Jam were willing to be signed exclusively.

Just now, SonicSleuth said:

LOL. I'm damn sure the AMs would not be offended for a moment to share headlining duties with a legitimate musical genius who snaps his fingers and creates headliner acts. Bear in mind that the White Stripes (if he grabbed Meg back or just billed himself that way) would be the #1 headliner at any festival anywhere today. 

Not to mention Jack White is an unabashed fan of the AMs and probably brought them a lot of fans: http://www.nme.com/news/music/the-raconteurs-63-1364587

Yeah I get the feeling I'm talking to people who are too young to have experienced The White Stripes and don't know how big a deal they were/Jack White is. Obviously Arctic Monkeys are bigger but Jack White is fully deserving of headline billing.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

You do realise exclusively means Spain? I don't see why it's such a wild theory to assume Arctic Monkeys might only play one Spanish festival this year, like most headliners do.

If they do two, I'd have thought Primavera are the more likely second given that it's six weeks before MC/Beni, I really can't see them doing two Spanish dates two weekends in a row.

yea, i know - new album, first tour in ages, they're not going to play 1 festival in Spain no chance