Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

15 minutes ago, SCG95 said:

Staying in Oropesa is becoming more likely for me this year. 

Can anyone who's done the same before advise on the shuttle bus that runs to and from the festival site.

Is it reliable? Does it operate all night? What's the cost? 

If I remember correctly it s starts 7ish up to 9 30 ish and starts running back 2 ish . I think it was 40 euros and was hard work at times , especially if you piled out en masse , first night was a bit of a free for all but they kind of sorted it 

3 hours ago, SCG95 said:

Staying in Oropesa is becoming more likely for me this year. 

Can anyone who's done the same before advise on the shuttle bus that runs to and from the festival site.

Is it reliable? Does it operate all night? What's the cost? 

3 hours ago, gedkelly said:

If I remember correctly it s starts 7ish up to 9 30 ish and starts running back 2 ish . I think it was 40 euros and was hard work at times , especially if you piled out en masse , first night was a bit of a free for all but they kind of sorted it 

We planning on staying in oropesa as well. Have looked up things about the shuttle buses from last year and if seems after a bit of a mess up on the 1st night they ran smoothlyfor the rest of the festival. Seems most that had issues were trying to get later bus to the festival  (we plan to go in early each day) and those trying to get bus back after the headline act so around 2am (Worst comes to it party all night and get public transport back next morning)

10 (5 couples) of us going so we needed quiet a large Villa really to stay in. Not a lot of options, but we have preliminary booked a place in  Alcossebre. it's about 30 mins drive away so hoping taxis are nice :wacko: 

Anyone stayed there before? First timer btw! We were gonna try stay in one of the shuttle towns, but not really a whole lot of options with such a large group.  

52 minutes ago, fitz_xoxo said:

10 (5 couples) of us going so we needed quiet a large Villa really to stay in. Not a lot of options, but we have preliminary booked a place in  Alcossebre. it's about 30 mins drive away so hoping taxis are nice :wacko: 

Anyone stayed there before? First timer btw! We were gonna try stay in one of the shuttle towns, but not really a whole lot of options with such a large group.  

2 x 2/3 bedroom apartments in Oropesa/MarinaD'Or will work out cheaper than finding a 5 bedroom villa, and you'll have the above mentioned shuttle bus operating to/from the festival each night. After 7 years going to Beni, one thing you should never ever rely on, is getting taxis to/from the festival site, not unless you are prepared for long waits (approx. 2 hours between 2am-5am, away from festival)

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Mad Cool apparently announcing next week, Primavera likely the week after - announcement end of Jan? Surely?

Would like to hope we get a decent announcement by the end of the month.. one with a good few acts named as atm they behind a number of other festivals in terms of line-ups

If you are planning to stay at Oropesa del Mar Holiday Reort of Marina Dor, Morro de Gos or La Concha áreas, The shuttle bus is the best option with a pickup near your acomodación,  please find full information , also airport transfers to and from Barcelona, Reus, Valencia and Alicante

Information FIB 2018.pdf

Edited by aixa

4 minutes ago, aixa said:

If you are planning to stay at Oropesa del Mar Holiday Reort of Marina Dor, Morro de Gos or La Concha áreas, The shuttle bus is the best option with a pickup near your acomodación,  please find full information , also airport transfers to and from Barcelona, Reus, Valencia and Alicante

Information FIB 2018.pdf

Can't open the link interested in info for this as booked to stay in apartamentos raymar I'm oropesa (unless find something reasonable in benicassim itself)

2 hours ago, SPTFRE said:

Where did you see that? :-)

Mad Cool ticket price increase next week, which is likely to tie in with the last big announcement (of Arctic Monkeys). Gabi said Primavera lineup is mid-jan which would be the week after?

19 hours ago, andytommo said:

2 x 2/3 bedroom apartments in Oropesa/MarinaD'Or will work out cheaper than finding a 5 bedroom villa, and you'll have the above mentioned shuttle bus operating to/from the festival each night. After 7 years going to Beni, one thing you should never ever rely on, is getting taxis to/from the festival site, not unless you are prepared for long waits (approx. 2 hours between 2am-5am, away from festival)

I see, thanks for the reply and info. 

yeah one of the shuttle towns seems a much easier option, as after all we are travelling for the festival and not the beach/villa etc so there's no joy in being stranded every evening/night and not enjoying the festival. 

It's 5 couples so trying to get a couple apts together now is the hard bit. Booking.com etc just group the 10 together and try put us in single beds, sofa beds and the likes. Don't think the girlfriends will appreciate that! :P

2 hours ago, fitz_xoxo said:

yeah one of the shuttle towns seems a much easier option, as after all we are travelling for the festival and not the beach/villa etc so there's no joy in being stranded every evening/night and not enjoying the festival. 

It's 5 couples so trying to get a couple apts together now is the hard bit. Booking.com etc just group the 10 together and try put us in single beds, sofa beds and the likes. Don't think the girlfriends will appreciate that! :P

try Interhomes or Rentalia mate for apartments , only suggesting them because we have used them in the past without issue 

Edited by gedkelly
  • Like 1

On 05/01/2018 at 12:30 PM, fitz_xoxo said:

Also homeaway usually have a few bigger villas on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Is there any more lineup rumours for this outside of Eminem? Seems awfully quiet compared to the other big Spanish festivals

Beni’s main big announcement (with more than 2 or 3 first names) is usually towards the mid/end of Jan. Mad Cool have come out of the blocks early this year, as they’ve got 80k tickets to shift, and BBK have followed suit, as they’re both competing head to head for the Spanish market that weekend.  In general, FIB is a different market to MC/BBK, although I appreciate a few heads have been turned by their respective line ups.

29 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Beni’s main big announcement (with more than 2 or 3 first names) is usually towards the mid/end of Jan. Mad Cool have come out of the blocks early this year, as they’ve got 80k tickets to shift, and BBK have followed suit, as they’re both competing head to head for the Spanish market that weekend.  In general, FIB is a different market to MC/BBK, although I appreciate a few heads have been turned by their respective line ups.

Agree with what you say but there are still a LOT of bands on both those respective lineups that could play Beni, and until I see the first 'big' announcement I feel a little shafted, lol :D

26 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Fk it, let's get the ball rolling:

5-10 names you guess will be announced this month:

Eminem

Stereophonics

Two Door Cinema Club

Chvrches

Royal Blood

Twin Atlantic

Tyler, The Creator

Pale Waves

Arcade Fire

The Vaccines

Two Door Cinema Club

Royal Blood 

Catfish and the Bottlemen 

Hinds

Brockhampton 

Nothing but Thieves

Portugal. The Man

Tyler, The Creator

3 hours ago, CJTM said:

Fk it, let's get the ball rolling:

5-10 names you guess will be announced this month:

Eminem

Stereophonics

Two Door Cinema Club

Chvrches

Royal Blood

Twin Atlantic

Tyler, The Creator

Pale Waves

Eminem

Editors

Chvrches

Fat Boy Slim

Portugal. The Man

Two Door Cinema Club

Justice

Manic Street Preachers

The Cosmics

DMA’s

Embrace

Bicep

The Wombats

Baxter Dury

Beck

London Grammar

J Hus

Diplo

Royal Blood

Stereophonics (but won’t be announced until February/March)

(sorry, you only said 5-10, didn’t you. I got a bit carried away)

Edited by andytommo

First time going to the festival. Any advice would be appreciated. Going with my partner both 26. Not fussed about what hotel/airbnb as long as not too pricey. Anywhere near festival seems a fortune  Seen few people say Oropesa is that best option?  Any help would be great... Thanks in advance

9 hours ago, Jamiet7 said:

First time going to the festival. Any advice would be appreciated. Going with my partner both 26. Not fussed about what hotel/airbnb as long as not too pricey. Anywhere near festival seems a fortune  Seen few people say Oropesa is that best option?  Any help would be great... Thanks in advance

my 9th year in Oropesa , its quiet but that suits us and can be an arse to get back after the fest . We love the place but we are an "older" group .

there are loads of restaurants and bars but not many if any themed brit type bars (thank fuck)