Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

On 13/12/2017 at 12:04 AM, Irelandfan said:

Looking at making first trip to benicassim next year. Not sure if I could survive camping in that heat so which of castellon or oropesa del mar is best option to stay in

For beach chilling in the day, and beach resort cars, cafes, rest’s then Oropesa is better than Castellon, and also a bit closer to Beni as well.  It’s also ideal if there’s 4-6 of you, as loads of 2 and 3 bedroom apartments (cheap to rent for a week) in Oropesa/Marina d’Or. 

On 12/15/2017 at 10:17 PM, andytommo said:

For beach chilling in the day, and beach resort cars, cafes, rest’s then Oropesa is better than Castellon, and also a bit closer to Beni as well.  It’s also ideal if there’s 4-6 of you, as loads of 2 and 3 bedroom apartments (cheap to rent for a week) in Oropesa/Marina d’Or. 

Thanks for the reply we booked an apartment in oropesa for now.. Know was buses that went from there to festival last year so hopefully we close to where they go from 

4 hours ago, Irelandfan said:

Thanks for the reply we booked an apartment in oropesa for now.. Know was buses that went from there to festival last year so hopefully we close to where they go from 

The buses left from next to the tourist info centre , where you staying ?

4 hours ago, Irelandfan said:

31 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

The buses left from next to the tourist info centre , where you staying ?

Booked an apartment in Apartamentos Raymar. According to Google maps it's about 20 minutes walk to the tourist info centre which isn't the worst 

On 12/14/2017 at 7:47 PM, gedkelly said:

Chemical Brothers announce Low Festival in Spain ...

They been added to the lineup in bilbao which is the week before. Would of liked to see them as always been great percormances anytime I've seen them before 

*can' help think either benicassim is going to share some bigger names with mad cool and bilbao or they have pulled off some of the bigger acts been mentioned  (arctic monkeys eminem etc)

28 minutes ago, Irelandfan said:

They been added to the lineup in bilbao which is the week before. Would of liked to see them as always been great percormances anytime I've seen them before 

*can' help think either benicassim is going to share some bigger names with mad cool and bilbao or they have pulled off some of the bigger acts been mentioned  (arctic monkeys eminem etc)

Unlikely that any act will hang around in Spain/Portugal for a week, after doing Mad Cool or BBK, to play FIB.  Traditionally there's very few (hardly any) acts who would play consecutive weekends in Spain.  BBK's announcements today very good - especially Chem's, James & Jungle - I'd have been very pleased to see the latter two in Beni this summer.  Time for FIB to pull their finger out, and get a bit more meat on the bone for 2018 line up announcements.  Still have a sneaky feeling we might hear something this week, but maybe that's more in hope!!!  P.S. Chem's only headlined FIB last year, so it was always unlikely they would return for 2018

Edited by andytommo

With Arctics seemingly nailed on for Mad Cool does that rule them out completely for Beni?

Reading and Leeds have just posted on social media saying that there wont be any announcements until 2018 which leads me to believe they could have Arctics as well and that's the reason behind the delay. With Leeds and Beni sharing a headliner this year - Kasabian - is there no chance Beni may have them as well?

Or am i just wishfully making up any connections in the hope its not Eminem or Bruno Mars....

19 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

With Arctics seemingly nailed on for Mad Cool does that rule them out completely for Beni?

Reading and Leeds have just posted on social media saying that there wont be any announcements until 2018 which leads me to believe they could have Arctics as well and that's the reason behind the delay. With Leeds and Beni sharing a headliner this year - Kasabian - is there no chance Beni may have them as well?

Or am i just wishfully making up any connections in the hope its not Eminem or Bruno Mars....

If that was the reason behind the delay they'd just announce one of the other headliners first.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

17 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Pretty sure R&L and beni are owned by same company so have shared headliners last few years, so who knows.

They seem nailed on for MC, but then again Depeche Mode are headlining four French festivals this summer, and with Foals co-headline at Beni and sub at MC this year, you just never, never know. I think the longer the wait goes on (in terms of AM) is a better sign as they are rumoured to come back in a month. 

1 hour ago, CJTM said:

Liam to sub Killers at Beni? 

IMG_3779.JPG

He played this year before the Chilis so it's unlikely, but then again Biffy Clyro played 2 years in a row. More interestingly, Liam and Noel are on the same bill, I guess that puts to bed the argument for them refusing to play the same festivals as each other. 

4 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

3 hours ago, CJTM said:

Pretty sure R&L and beni are owned by same company so have shared headliners last few years, so who knows.

They seem nailed on for MC, but then again Depeche Mode are headlining four French festivals this summer, and with Foals co-headline at Beni and sub at MC this year, you just never, never know. I think the longer the wait goes on (in terms of AM) is a better sign as they are rumoured to come back in a month. 

Seems to be massive competition between the Spanish festivals this year so couldn't see a massive headliner like arctics been shared between the bigger festivals (benicassim, mad cool, bilbao etc)

With mad cool having majority of their line-up (in regards to big names) announced and a main organiser dropping hints of the missing headliners ( band name contains letter e and thibk hes said they british/european) makes me think they have managed to secure arctic monkeys which would make it unlikely they be in benicassim the week after 

As benicassim has a link to reading and Leeds make you think they may get Eminem this year as he did reading and Leeds last year (and it would probably be 1 of a few european shows he does this year befire starting to tour new album)

All guesswork of course and hope we get more word early in the new year hopefully it be worth the wait 

16 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

If that was the reason behind the delay they'd just announce one of the other headliners first.

Unless there other headliners are underwhelming. First announcement usually includes the strongest headliner which i imagine is to ensure people book and don't start looking elsewhere.  

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, gedkelly said:

Lack of news from FiB is starting to piss me off now 

They been posting regularly on social media over the Christmas period hoping it's their way of jeep the festival in people's minds before making an announcement in the next few weeks...

they need to do something soon as surely people are buying tickets for likes of mad cool etc over FIB seeing as they have majority of their big acts named already with the remaining headliners apparently been named in January 

On 31/12/2017 at 11:49 AM, gedkelly said:

Lack of news from FiB is starting to piss me off now 

Messaged them a few of times in the last couple of weeks and got nothing back...previous years they've normally sent something back if its only been a "soon"! You had anything at all Mr K?

10 hours ago, shaun64 said:

Messaged them a few of times in the last couple of weeks and got nothing back...previous years they've normally sent something back if its only been a "soon"! You had anything at all Mr K?

same as you mate , nothing . I messaged yesterday , they looked at it but didn't bother answering 

38 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Eminem has just been announced for Coachella, which is possibly the worst lineup ive seen in years.

Chic, Jamiroquai, Django Django and the Drums are the only acts id be interested in having at Beni...

just coming on here to say the same mate 

54 minutes ago, Irelandfan said:

If Eminem was to play which day do we think he be on. When the killers were named I automatically thought they be Saturday night headliners but if Eminem was to be named surely he would be in contention for thst spot too

My guess would be the Saturday as he'd be the biggest name...

Hes just been announced for Governors ball as well so id imagine he'll be announced for Beni soon. Its looking like we get Eminem and Mad Cool gets Jack white from that announcement. What a shit deal for us that is....

34 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Did anyone else see the fiberleaks twitter page? Don't know how legitimate a source it is but it said no to The xx, Gorillaz, Noel Gallagher and Franz Ferdinand playing  and said yes to Hinds and a smiley face to Two Door Cinema Club suggesting they'd play

Gorillaz, The Xx and Noel are all at Primavera while Gorillaz are also at Sonar so that's probably the thinking there.

Franz Ferdinand are at Mad Cool but I doubt that 100% rules them out considering they had a couple of crossovers last year, probably just makes them a bit less likely. 

Whoevers running that page tweeted "I can't Talk' a few weeks but earlier hinting at two door, and seeing as Mad Cools CM has ruled them out id expect them at Beni.

Edited by alexlloyd

22 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Gorillaz, The Xx and Noel are all at Primavera while Gorillaz are also at Sonar so that's probably the thinking there.

Franz Ferdinand are at Mad Cool but I doubt that 100% rules them out considering they had a couple of crossovers last year, probably just makes them a bit less likely. 

Whoevers running that page tweeted "I can't Talk' a few weeks but earlier hinting at two door, and seeing as Mad Cools CM has ruled them out id expect them at Beni.

Yeah if what the leaks page is saying is true I wouldn't be surprised if the leaked lineup poster last month of the killers, Eminem, lana del rey and a royal blood two door coheadline came true. I can't see them getting any different headliners except maybe Bruno Mars instead of Lana