Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

7 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Yeah man, makes perfect sense! 

P.s. Isn't it a bit unusual how low def and crappy the FIB social team has posted ;):Pdoesn't fill me with much confidence lol

I agree , in years gone past they always acknowledged any pm’s sent , even if they didn’t tell me anything they always got back in some shape or form , this year , nothing .

11 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Yeah man, makes perfect sense! 

P.s. Isn't it a bit unusual how low def and crappy the FIB social team has posted ;):Pdoesn't fill me with much confidence lol

Yeah I did notice the logo didn't look the same quality as the rest of the image :lol: but hopefully that doesnt reflect the quality of the announcement! I'd be very, very surprised if it isn't The Killers at this point, maybe even one of the other head/coheadliners as well.

11 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

I agree , in years gone past they always acknowledged any pm’s sent , even if they didn’t tell me anything they always got back in some shape or form , this year , nothing .

Not replying to anything this year Mr K.

The Killers or Arcade Fire? or both?

25 minutes ago, shaun64 said:

Not replying to anything this year Mr K.

The Killers or Arcade Fire? or both?

The popular opinion is that Killers are nailed on , not much of a fan but I appreciate a lot are , would love to see Arcade Fire again . TDCC are a possible too , always good . Would love to see the Hives or Wombats as well . Always interested to see the late Sunday dance act too.

7 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

The popular opinion is that Killers are nailed on , not much of a fan but I appreciate a lot are , would love to see Arcade Fire again . TDCC are a possible too , always good . Would love to see the Hives or Wombats as well . Always interested to see the late Sunday dance act too.

Saw The Killers a few weeks ago and last time they were at Beni i thought they put on one of the best performances ive seen there.

Thinking them TDCC and The Vaccines 2morro.

35 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

Wombats are going on tour with Pixies/Weezer in America in June/July but they're leaving half way through, their last date being 15th July despite the tour running until 12th August... I wonder if that's because they have obligations around Europe after that :rolleyes:

Unfortunately that rules Pixies/Weezer out of Beni and most other European Fests.

Edited by alexlloyd

14 minutes ago, YunT said:

I don't know how they will work this next summer. They were one of the main acts at this past BBK (along with Depeche Mode). 

But it's a good name anyway. 

What's that got to do with anything?

40 minutes ago, YunT said:

I don't know how they will work this next summer. They were one of the main acts at this past BBK (along with Depeche Mode). 

But it's a good name anyway. 

Do you mean in terms of hyping it up enough? I do think they need a bigger 'lead' name. They're still a pretty big draw but I think they need a legendary and rare act (like they did with RHCP, like Mad Cool have with Pearl Jam) or a peaking in-demand giant e.g. Arctic Monkeys (maybe to come next) to compete with the line-ups their competitors are pulling out 

Edited by Mattd1205

13 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Who else are rumoured headliners for this? Thinking of coming for the first time. Think I've seen Arcade Fire, Eminem, Arctic Monkeys (between here and Mad Cool I suspect) all in discussion, who else? 

Gorillaz, Noel G, Depeche Mode, Lana Del Rey, Bruno Mars, and Bjork have all been rumoured to headline, as well as AM/AF/Eminem, however the first 3 are now ruled out, as they're playing either BBK or Mad Cool the weekend prior, so it's unlikely (based on history) that any of these festivals will share a headliner.  I think that big gap in Mad Cool's line-up (Fri headliner) is destined for the Arctic Monkeys, as this festival has €€€'s and the capacity for 3 x massive headliners.  Arcade Fire headlined BBK in 2016, so too soon for a return to Bilbao for them (ditto Primavera in Barcelona, which they headlined 2017).  If AF do play a Spanish festival next summer, it's very likely to be FIB, although the big Q here is if Beni could actually afford Killers, Arcade Fire, and Eminem.  Personally, I think we'll only see 2 of these 3, max, but that's just my thoughts on it.

Edited by andytommo
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Gorillaz, Noel G, Depeche Mode, Lana Del Rey, Bruno Mars, and Bjork have all been rumoured to headline, as well as AM/AF/Eminem, however the first 3 are now ruled out, as they're playing either BBK or Mad Cool the weekend prior, so it's unlikely (based on history) that any of these festivals will share a headliner.  I think that big gap in Mad Cool's line-up (Fri headliner) is destined for the Arctic Monkeys, as this festival has €€€'s and the capacity for 3 x massive headliners.  Arcade Fire headlined BBK in 2016, so too soon for a return to Bilbao for them (ditto Primavera in Barcelona, which they headlined 2017).  If AF do play a Spanish festival next summer, it's very likely to be FIB, although the big Q here is if Beni could actually afford Killers, Arcade Fire, and Eminem.  Personally, I think we'll only see 2 of these 3, max, but that's just my thoughts on it.

Just to add to this, I'm not sure if you've been following the Mad Cool thread but we know that they'll have 2 Friday headliners and both contain a single letter 'e' in the name, ruling out Arcade Fire and making Arctic Monkeys quite likely. I do question though whether AM would co-headline rather than alone. Either way, I agree that Arcade Fire are now very likely for FIB but not sure why FIB would want to hold back their announcement (unlike say AM where they'd have to wait for tour/album announcement).

As for Bjork - do you think she could headline alone? I think the Beni crowd might find that a bit underwhelming (same might even go for Lana). Also, what rules Noel G out - is he playing BBK?