Benicassim (FIB) 2018

andytommo

15 hours ago, SCG95 said:

Can only be a matter of time before we hear something... :ph34r:

MadCool line up is shaping up nicely - along with strong rumours of Pearl Jam being announced tomorrow. 

Confirmed this morning. So that’s DM, QOTSA & Pearl Jam as Mad Cool’s 3 headliners.

Saw on Twitter 'FiberLeaks' hinted at Two Door last night, and then this Morning they were announced for NOS Alive, so I'd have thought they'll be on the first announcement. Not sure on the slot though, if they're part of some coheadline day surely one of the main headliners will be there as well. 

With seemingly Foos, RHCP, Liam Gallagher, Noel Gallagher, Kasabian, Depeche Mode, Queens of the Stone Age, Pearl Jam, Gorillaz and The XX all ruled out, Arcade Fire and The Killers must be good bets? Looks like Arctics will be here or Mad Cool as well, they announced day splits today confirming the Friday headliner is still TBA.

3 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Saw on Twitter 'FiberLeaks' hinted at Two Door last night, and then this Morning they were announced for NOS Alive, so I'd have thought they'll be on the first announcement. Not sure on the slot though, if they're part of some coheadline day surely one of the main headliners will be there as well. 

With seemingly Foos, RHCP, Liam Gallagher, Noel Gallagher, Kasabian, Depeche Mode, Queens of the Stone Age, Pearl Jam, Gorillaz and The XX all ruled out, Arcade Fire and The Killers must be good bets? Looks like Arctics will be here or Mad Cool as well, they announced day splits today confirming the Friday headliner is still TBA.

Remember that both Arctics & Killers headlined in 2013, so based on that, I'm not expecting both to play FIB again on the same bill, next year.  If I was a betting man, I would be going Killers & Arcade Fire for Beni, and Arctic Monkeys for MadCool.  MC & BBK benefit from both being the same weekend. TDCC would be a decent sub headliner on one of the nights - excellent live band!!!  I think there will definitely be an announcement either this or next week.  Interestingly, for 2013, I'm sure the first announcement came on about 20th Dec, and just before Xmas.

2 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Remember that both Arctics & Killers headlined in 2013, so based on that, I'm not expecting both to play FIB again on the same bill, next year.  If I was a betting man, I would be going Killers & Arcade Fire for Beni, and Arctic Monkeys for MadCool.  MC & BBK benefit from both being the same weekend. TDCC would be a decent sub headliner on one of the nights - excellent live band!!!  I think there will definitely be an announcement either this or next week.  Interestingly, for 2013, I'm sure the first announcement came on about 20th Dec, and just before Xmas.

Yeah I think that's how it'll go, Arctics at Mad Cool and Beni has Arcade Fire, Killers, a coheadline between Two Door and Royal Blood? Maybe a third act to fit the pattern of this years. Struggle to think of the fourth, but Bruno Mars was seem the logical choice, unless he's been added to a Spanish festival I've missed?

7 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Yeah I think that's how it'll go, Arctics at Mad Cool and Beni has Arcade Fire, Killers, a coheadline between Two Door and Royal Blood? Maybe a third act to fit the pattern of this years. Struggle to think of the fourth, but Bruno Mars was seem the logical choice, unless he's been added to a Spanish festival I've missed?

Did you see where The Killers have today announced they’re playing Bolton on Friday 13th July, so that totally rules them out of headlining MC. I’d say they’re nailed on for Benicassim next July.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Did you see where The Killers have today announced they’re playing Bolton on Friday 13th July, so that totally rules them out of headlining MC. I’d say they’re nailed on for Benicassim next July.

Yeah I noticed that it was just after my post, I agree they must be nailed on now considering who's left available and them being in Europe at the time. I'd imagine that might put them at TRNSMT as well?

To say how many bands are already topping other bills in Spain it could still end up being a good set of headliners, Killers/Arcade Fire would be a strong start.

9 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

I suppose Eminem is probably a decent shout as well. I imagine he'll announce a bunch of festivals in one go & considering he did R&L this year, he'll probably be over in June/July this time around 

R&L same owners - so another v.likely candidate for FIB 2018.  Spoke to Vince Powers in Benicassim last July, and he was saying it's all about block bookings now, whereas a company like Festival Republic will sign an artist for half a dozen separate festival appearances over a 2 year period, across the continent.  Killers, Arcade Fire, Lana & Eminem would actually be a very strong line up.  Knowing FIB, it'll probably be 2 or 3 of these, and 1 or 2 lower level acts who also headline/joint-headline?

19 hours ago, andytommo said:

Great lineup that year. Hoping the 5 year gap is big enough to book them again. 

Arctics, Killers, Arcade Fire and Florence / TDCC would do nicely for me. 

49 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Didn't Alt-J do Mad Cool this year? They've been announced to play in Belgium 14th July - got to be a strong chance? 

They are playing Bilbao BBK the week before, but weren't announced as exclusives (The xx and Noel Gallagher were announced as such).

I'd say they are highly likely to play FiB as well.

Edited by Orens

19 minutes ago, Orens said:

They are playing Bilbao BBK the week before, but weren't announced as exclusives (The xx and Noel Gallagher were announced as such).

I'd say they are highly likely to play FiB as well.

I forgot about BBK, but does that make them highly likely? I'm not sure because they would command a fairly high spot at both

1 hour ago, CJTM said:

I forgot about BBK, but does that make them highly likely? I'm not sure because they would command a fairly high spot at both

Note that most years there is hardly any overlap of bands playing both BBK and FIB, even with them being a week apart and in the same country.  I don’t recall any named artist playing both festivals last year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

I was about to say this... Isle of Wight, TRNSMT and stadium shows announced already this week, I think Benicassim tomorrow and Rock Werchter Friday to finish the week of Killers news :D

Yeah man, makes perfect sense! 

P.s. Isn't it a bit unusual how low def and crappy the FIB social team has posted ;):Pdoesn't fill me with much confidence lol

• Like 1