Isle of Wight 2018 Festival

RATM

2 hours ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Hi guys, who do people think might play on Thursday night? They haven't released anything about the Thursday and was wondering if people had any thoughts on it? Cheers

I would like The Wombats... new album is very good. Could be anyone though really. 

18 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Wombats would be good but they are at R&L so could mean they are doing late summer but haven't looked much into what they re doing this year. 

They start their US tour on the 23rd June... so they in theory have time to squeeze the Thursday in on 21st before they go :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/03/2018 at 5:40 PM, LydiaOr said:

Hi 

A group of 18 of us are coming this year and none of us have been before! Are there likely to be any more bands announced or is that it?

Also is there anything else going on other then the music?

Thanks 

Yes should be quite a few more... probably not "big name" acts/bands but a lot more. This they have only announced around 30 acts so far and there is usually 50+ so take from that what you will :)

I'm hoping there is more going on than just the music... its the little random things you encounter that make the best parts of the weekend. 

15 hours ago, Sam217 said:

Wombats confirmed for Thursday night, along with Travis, Sigrid and some more. This is the full main stage and Big Top line up apparently

IMG_4025.JPG

Haha I called the Wombats for the thursday :) Im happy with that their new album is decent. Travis are always good too :)

Still all a bit middle of the road for me, although good groups to sing along too not enough mix of music . I mean I like Travis but it's album music. Some more upbeat groups would of been good. Hipshaker tent hasn't been confirmed as returning which was always good for upbeat tunes so there's only a few groups for us who like a bit of a boogie,  especially when drunk .  I'll be at Cirque de la Quirk sock wrestling when Sheryl Crow is playing, way more fun!! 

Haha yeah tend to agree.... There does not seem to be any good dance/d&b acts like Rudimental or Sigma... something to bounce away too. It is very much all pop or rock. I prefer rock/indie but I like a mix of dance too. Currently I can only see Chase & Status who are great but they will clash with Kasabian :(

• Upvote 1

If anyone's interested I made some spotify playlists for the festival, ones quite large and the other is just one song per artist. Feel free to check them out and let me know if there's anyone I should listen to more of

The large one:

The one song per artist one:

• Like 1

Also I know the lineup has got a lot of stick but personally I feel this is the best UK festival lineup this year except maybe TRNSMT. There's plenty I want to see on each day

Thursday

T-Rextasy - First concert I ever went to were these in Bournemouth, fantastic tribute act

The Wombats - Seeing them next week at the Guildhall, love their new album and I'm very happy they're opening the festival 

Friday

Judas - Saw them open the main stage at Leeds last year, thinking they may do the same here this year

Bang Bang Romeo - Don't know much about them but heard a lot of good things

Tom Grennan - Expecting him to be one of the highlights of the festival, his voice is incredible

Circa Waves - Saw them last year, T-Shirt Weather is one of my favourite summer songs

Feeder - Never had the chance to see them but I'm hoping they don't clash with anyone

Nile Rodgers & Chic - Again hoping they don't clash, saw their glastonbury set and it looked incredible

The Script - Their first album is a masterpiece although I'm not a big fan of their new album. 

Kasabian - Saw them headline Leeds last year and although it will probably be the same set I'd happily see it a second time

Saturday

Jessie J - One of my favourite pop artists, remember her being huge when I was younger, around 2011/12

Kodaline - Listened to them more and more since they were announced and getting more and more into them

Blossoms - Think they're a little overhyped with only one album but still a pretty unique sound, even if a lot of songs sound the same

James Bay - Hoping his new stuff doesn't take too much of a pop sound, much prefer the acoustics of his new album

Liam Gallagher - I love Oasis and was lucky enough to get tickets to his tour last year, hoping his voice is still alright by the time June comes around

Depeche Mode - Too young to properly appreciate them but I still know enough of their songs to be excited to see them

Sunday

Ten Tonnes - George Ezra's brother, sounds very good and I think he's been supporting both Stereophonics and Tom Grennan recently

Hudson Taylor - Another acoustic band but really enjoying listening to them, especially "Run With Me"

Travis - Expect them to play "The Man Who" in full as they're going on tour to celebrate it, although I know there's a potential clash with The Killers

Sigrid - So energetic, saw her open for Oh Wonder at Brixton in November and I'm excited to see her again

Camila Cabello - As far as I'm aware she seems to be an exclusive, and a good one at that. Havana is amazing

Manic Street Preachers - Another band like Feeder that I've known for ages but never seen, looks like they're subbing too which should be good

The Killers - Biggest pull for me personally as I missed out on their tour and I'm such a big fan, Mr Brightside closing the festival will be a perfect end to an amazing weekend

3 minutes ago, Sam217 said:

Also I know the lineup has got a lot of stick but personally I feel this is the best UK festival lineup this year except maybe TRNSMT. There's plenty I want to see on each day

Thursday

T-Rextasy - First concert I ever went to were these in Bournemouth, fantastic tribute act

The Wombats - Seeing them next week at the Guildhall, love their new album and I'm very happy they're opening the festival 

Friday

Judas - Saw them open the main stage at Leeds last year, thinking they may do the same here this year

Tom Grennan - Expecting him to be one of the highlights of the festival, his voice is incredible

Circa Waves - Saw them last year, T-Shirt Weather is one of my favourite summer songs

Feeder - Never had the chance to see them but I'm hoping they don't clash with anyone

Nile Rodgers & Chic - Again hoping they don't clash, saw their glastonbury set and it looked incredible

The Script - Their first album is a masterpiece although I'm not a big fan of their new album. 

Kasabian - Saw them headline Leeds last year and although it will probably be the same set I'd happily see it a second time

Saturday

Jessie J - One of my favourite pop artists, remember her being huge when I was younger, around 2011/12

Kodaline - Listened to them more and more since they were announced and getting more and more into them

Blossoms - Think they're a little overhyped with only one album but still a pretty unique sound, even if a lot of songs sound the same

James Bay - Hoping his new stuff doesn't take too much of a pop sound, much prefer the acoustics of his new album

Liam Gallagher - I love Oasis and was lucky enough to get tickets to his tour last year, hoping his voice is still alright by the time June comes around

Depeche Mode - Too young to properly appreciate them but I still know enough of their songs to be excited to see them

Sunday

Ten Tonnes - George Ezra's brother, sounds very good and I think he's been supporting both Stereophonics and Tom Grennan recently

Hudson Taylor - Another acoustic band but really enjoying listening to them, especially "Run With Me"

Travis - Expect them to play "The Man Who" in full as they're going on tour to celebrate it, although I know there's a potential clash with The Killers

Sigrid - So energetic, saw her open for Oh Wonder at Brixton in November and I'm excited to see her again

Camila Cabello - As far as I'm aware she seems to be an exclusive, and a good one at that. Havana is amazing

Manic Street Preachers - Another band like Feeder that I've known for ages but never seen, looks like they're subbing too which should be good

The Killers - Biggest pull for me personally as I missed out on their tour and I'm such a big fan, Mr Brightside closing the festival will be a perfect end to an amazing weekend

yeah to start with when I seen the headliners I was disapppointed... expecting a massive act for the 50th like U2 or Stones or The Who or someone. But then when you see all the other festivals this year you realise IOW has the best UK headliners by a mile.

The acts lower down arent too bad so overall I am quite happy. Wombats and Travis were great little additions. 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

yeah to start with when I seen the headliners I was disapppointed... expecting a massive act for the 50th like U2 or Stones or The Who or someone. But then when you see all the other festivals this year you realise IOW has the best UK headliners by a mile.

The acts lower down arent too bad so overall I am quite happy. Wombats and Travis were great little additions. 

Same here, it was between IOW and Reading for me, and when I saw them book Fall Out Boy again, Kendrick who I have no interest in, and Kings Of Leon who I've been told are one of the worst live bands going, I realised there wasn't really any competition.

On 26/03/2018 at 1:55 PM, Sam217 said:

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Great breakdown there Havors. I'm not familiar with some of the groups so good to get a bit of a heads up on how good live they are. I've told the Mrs to have Mr Brightside close my funeral,  think that song will be one of the moments I manage to remember from the festival,  there won't be many (that's booze related,  not quality of groups) 

• Like 1

On 31/03/2018 at 6:34 PM, ooxld said:

Great breakdown there Havors. I'm not familiar with some of the groups so good to get a bit of a heads up on how good live they are. I've told the Mrs to have Mr Brightside close my funeral,  think that song will be one of the moments I manage to remember from the festival,  there won't be many (that's booze related,  not quality of groups) 

Thanks, I think there's a lot of people there that a lot of people won't be familiar with, I clearly just spend too much time on Spotify! As a top three I'd have to say Tom Grennan, Sigrid and Ten Tonnes are the three new artists to definitely go and see!

• Upvote 1

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the line-up and I can't wait to go  but are The Script seriously going to be support for Kasabian?! Something doesn't seem right about that at all.   They're not as popular as they were a few years ago, plus, y'know... it's The Script...
Could they perhaps be Friday's Big Top headliners?

4 minutes ago, BeauSEJOURMusic said:

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the line-up and I can't wait to go  but are The Script seriously going to be support for Kasabian?! Something doesn't seem right about that at all.   They're not as popular as they were a few years ago, plus, y'know... it's The Script...
Could they perhaps be Friday's Big Top headliners?

I think its more likely Chase & Status will headline the tent. So that leaves the Script on before Kasabian or them...

With festivals there is no supporting really just someone on before someone else :). They tend to usually try and have different genres on different stages at the same time.