Isle of Wight 2018 Festival

RATM

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Bill Joel is exclusively doing Old Trafford in the UK so he’s out. Would otherwise be a decent shout.

Think yr more likely to see David Gray than David Byrne at IOW.

Where could he crop up? Would love to catch him somewhere. He'd be a good fit for Green Man or Field Day.

5 hours ago, Often Smashing Pumpkins said:

Where could he crop up? Would love to catch him somewhere. He'd be a good fit for Green Man or Field Day.

I think GM or EOTR are decent bets, if he doesn’t just do his own shows here. Or a sub slot at Latitude, worst case scenario.

2 hours ago, LiamMcMillen said:

I can see Giddings getting QOTSA to headline. They've got a big IOW shaped hole while they're in Europe and they're co-headlining pretty much every festival they're playing over here. It would be classic IOW.  

They’d be a decent shout but I think the comment about those open air shows might ring true now.

1 hour ago, Henrik said:

So I guess we are expecting an announcement any day now. Maybe tomorrow? 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I have a note saying announcement tomorrow, tho i'm not sure where i sourced that from now.

But yeah, i reckon tomorrow.

According to this thread, the IOW fb page said the announcement would be 28th Nov (probably where Neil's note comes from), but Giddings later said he's hoping to announce the headliners by 4th Dec, so I'm not expecting anything until then.

42 minutes ago, galbani said:

Just a thought....

Eric Clapton on the Sunday?

(along with Depeche Mode on the Saturday)

No insider info with this by the way. Just a thought....

Clapton Exclusive 2018 UK Show @ British Summer Time Hyde Park 2018.

22 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Are Depeche Mode nailed on? i have just booked to go see them in Berlin, on the final date of the tour. I would fancy IOW though if they were to make an appearance as i have never seen them at a festival.

Neil seems very confident they're doing the Saturday night 

Don't know for sure but I'm thinking something big on the way hear as it's the 50th and J.G has pulled off the who. Fleetwood mac. Queen. The police . R.E.M. so I think it might be something special on the way would love pink floyd but don't think It will be or maybe a Mr walters or david gilmor solo gig. I might be dreaming but only 2 more days till the 4th fingers crossed.