2017 Camp Site Map

neato

24 minutes ago, bottonrob said:

I cannot see very well on the phone but has the cinema tent gone? I haven't seen any film listings whilst I think of it!

Well at least you spotted the arena bit. I genuinely thought it was just a map of the camp site :rolleyes:

the maps never 100 accurate, they've had the main stage facing the wrong way in previous years. I don't expect much to have changed inside the areana. they seem to have it all working without any major sound clashes so I cant see why they would change what seems to be working

Going in Emperor's Field for the first time this year, but I note there are three camping areas (Early Risers, Family Fun and Late Night Owls).  We are definitely not early risers and whilst we have 15 year girls in our party I am wondering whether Family Fun is aimed the younger families attending.  We can't make the mind up between that and Late Night Owls, but worry that the latter will be a little too rowdy :-),

Any advice from others that have stayed in Emperor's appreciated.

38 minutes ago, wickmiller said:

Going in Emperor's Field for the first time this year, but I note there are three camping areas (Early Risers, Family Fun and Late Night Owls).  We are definitely not early risers and whilst we have 15 year girls in our party I am wondering whether Family Fun is aimed the younger families attending.  We can't make the mind up between that and Late Night Owls, but worry that the latter will be a little too rowdy :-),

Any advice from others that have stayed in Emperor's appreciated.

We star in Emperors also (2 Adults, 2 15 year old girls and 2 12 year old boys). we stay in the late night owls section. the main noise you get late at night is from the glow tent, if your girls are anything like ours they'll be in there! Although it states late night owls it is not like the wolf woods section whatsoever!

The problem they've had over the years is that emperors was a field and people went where they wanted, a lot of families went there because you're closer to your car and families tend to have a lot more stuff.

People were getting upset when they were trying to get their toddlers and young ones to sleep and there would be people having fun in a tent next to them or having a chat when the night was over waking their kids up, hence they developed specific areas in emperors. Like rob says, it's not really noisy in there, it's just they wanted somewhere more peaceful for people who needed it that way

Yeah, easiest way to do it. Best thing id suggest is on 1st trip take tent and a few bits to tide you over until the queue goes down a bit. Once you've got your wristband on you can avoid the main queue but you've got to head through the less busy checkpoints. 

I'd leave some of your booze in the car and do some daily trips in the morning. If it's just picking up a few lighter things it probably won't take much more than a half hour trip to get back to the tent

Avoid the wolf's wood area and the rule tends to be the further from the arena you are the quieter it will be. When you first enter the area through the checkpoint head left rather than right and after that it depends how far you wanna walk. The quieter camping is only about 300 metres inside the gates and well sign posted