Lianne La Havas solo acoustic set in Avalon

Junglist1981

Were any of you guys at Avalon for Lianne La Havas on the Friday afternoon?

It's the one performance that has really stuck with me from this year, just completely stunning. Easily the highlight of my weekend, and right up there in my all time Glastonbury highlights.

I was well chuffed when she was announced at the last minute and she far far exceeded my expectations. I'm not sure how big she is considered to be in the grand scale of things, but she deserves to be even bigger in my eyes.

Such a ridiculously talented lady.

I felt that I needed to share that. Carry on :) 

That's the first time I've seen her live having listened to her albums a fair bit and I was completely blown away by how well her songs stand up when it's just her and her guitar. I don't think very many artists could pull that off, it perfectly showcased her songwriting and performance skills. I'd love for her to release an acoustic album. 

I look forward to checking her out with her band next time!

For those who weren't there it was much like this video, only multiplied by Glastonbury. This song was a particular highlight in fact, everyone carried on singing the refrain for ages :) 

I'd love to see her live at some point, for some reason every time I hear Is Your Love Big Enough I go back to the first time I heard it, driving to Oldham on my first day on the job door to door fundraising. It came on Radio 1 and it really relaxed me for some reason considering I was bricking it about what I was about to do.

I appreciate reading that back it reads like one of those really pointless stories you find on the letter pages of newspapers but I've typed it now, no going back.