Armed police to patrol Kendal calling

LOCHLAND5

24 minutes ago, thurlow84 said:

they've been at every festival ive been at since the attack in Manchester, think its the new normal when theres a large gathering of people in an open space

More of a heads up over the Dogs really for the thickos and young uns that are naive ! 

Not a bad thing in these times to have a few shooters kicking around ! 

3 hours ago, thurlow84 said:

they've been at every festival ive been at since the attack in Manchester, think its the new normal when theres a large gathering of people in an open space

Sadly....youre right mate. It`s now the way of things. Had to cross a line of them at the England footy game at Hampden and there were a couple at the entrance to trnsmt. As a quick aside, there were a couple of young scamps up a tree climbing the fence into Glasgow green right in front of the armed polis who were having a wee chuckle about it :)

3 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Sadly....youre right mate. It`s now the way of things. Had to cross a line of them at the England footy game at Hampden and there were a couple at the entrance to trnsmt. As a quick aside, there were a couple of young scamps up a tree climbing the fence into Glasgow green right in front of the armed polis who were having a wee chuckle about it :)

I watched a couple of lads climb trees to get over the fence on the Friday night. There were police about 50 yards away in each direction but the lads got in.

yeah, the armed police were very visible there.

2 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Are these dugs that they have even trained to sniff out narcotics? I'd have thought they were for explosives etc - that's what the extra presence is for.

They are trained for narcotics only mate ! Private company and police dogs ! Sweep the site days before all staff get searched and sniffed then the punters from Thursday 

Dogs have been the norm for a while there. There's always a big debate about drug v narcotic dogs; are they the same? Regardless, there will be explosive dogs there & armed police. There for our protection so all good. 

(I did laugh one year when there was a (drugs) dog and 5 yards after that an amnesty bin. Yer, you get past the dog and then throw away your stash :lol:

On 7/18/2017 at 4:21 PM, jkb1 said:

I watched a couple of lads climb trees to get over the fence on the Friday night. There were police about 50 yards away in each direction but the lads got in.

yeah, the armed police were very visible there.

I was at the old trafford courteeners show the week of the Manchester attack.   Massive armed police and police horse presence.  Reassuring but  mad.  It Did annoy me a little that the 'Touts' were business as usual.  Is that still illegal? 

24 minutes ago, Dazoodo07 said:

It Did annoy me a little that the 'Touts' were business as usual.  Is that still illegal? 

Selling tickets at more than face value is illegal.

However, the new form of touting that you see outside venues is that the 'touts' buy unwanted tickets at below face value and sell them as near to face value as they can. This way they're doing nothing wrong.

I'm struggling to see the point of deploying armed officers to a music festival. Armed police at the Manchester academy would have made no difference whatsoever, how could it; no-one was aware of the suicide bombers presence until he exploded. Even if it were a knife attack like in London, would they fire dozens of rounds when the back stop is 15 thousand people? 

Not a scare tactic at all.

I went to York races last week and my better half went to Pontefract races on Friday...armed police were very visible at both...so it's nothing to do with drugs (unless it was a threat of ketamine abuse!).

It's where there are mass crowds you're gonna get them at the mo.

3 hours ago, Mr_Grump said:

Not a scare tactic at all.

I went to York races last week and my better half went to Pontefract races on Friday...armed police were very visible at both...so it's nothing to do with drugs (unless it was a threat of ketamine abuse!).

It's where there are mass crowds you're gonna get them at the mo.

Yes, but why? Crowds and guns don't mix, the police know this.

I'd suggest it's more of a deterrent, a viable target doesn't look as viable if the means to protect it is already in place. While the chance of an attack at a site like Kendal is slim it is still a sensible precaution to deter those who may look to take advantage of a mass gathering. Plus the response time for an armed unit to a site like Kendal without being pre deployed would be significant I imagine given the geographical force area. 

There were armed copes at Beatherder recently, I can guarantee you they ain't interested in the kids popping pills and powder. They were visible, but other than that they left people to enjoy themselves and the festival security was responsible for the rest. The most they did was have a laugh and a joke with people and pose for some pictures so good on em. 

6 minutes ago, Scargilla said:

I'd suggest it's more of a deterrent, a viable target doesn't look as viable if the means to protect it is already in place. While the chance of an attack at a site like Kendal is slim it is still a sensible precaution to deter those who may look to take advantage of a mass gathering. Plus the response time for an armed unit to a site like Kendal without being pre deployed would be significant I imagine given the geographical force area. 

There were armed copes at Beatherder recently, I can guarantee you they ain't interested in the kids popping pills and powder. They were visible, but other than that they left people to enjoy themselves and the festival security was responsible for the rest. The most they did was have a laugh and a joke with people and pose for some pictures so good on em. 

Here, here! Hit the nail on the head.

1 hour ago, Scargilla said:

brilliant post that.