Armed police to patrol Kendal calling

LOCHLAND5

16 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

I don't remember seeing any armed cops at Glasto, and that was after the Manchester attack. 

Same as, I saw a number of coppers, but checked each and couldn't see any were armed.  If they were it's a lot more discreet than I've seen before :)

Walking around with weapons in an area where they'll likely be thousands of tanked up people would be, literally, insane.

There might be a couple at the entrance gates as you arrive to show a presence, but no way would they risk walking around inside. Would only take one idiot, joking or not, to make a grab and it would be chaos. 

Likewise, didn't seen any armed Dibble at Glasto but they have been at lots of big concerts & festivals since. Seen at Carlisle races a few week back, a first.

They'll be there as to be expected to be the norm now. As said above, if you'll a nut job, KC would be an easy target as off the beaten track & little infrastructure for miles (hospitals, police, etc.) Thats why it's good to have the armed guys there as a deterrent! Show them some respect (even if it's just putting out your 'smoke' whilst walking by!) 

On 27/07/2017 at 1:38 AM, Baby On A Stick said:

Likewise, didn't seen any armed Dibble at Glasto but they have been at lots of big concerts & festivals since. Seen at Carlisle races a few week back, a first.

They'll be there as to be expected to be the norm now. As said above, if you'll a nut job, KC would be an easy target as off the beaten track & little infrastructure for miles (hospitals, police, etc.) Thats why it's good to have the armed guys there as a deterrent! Show them some respect (even if it's just putting out your 'smoke' whilst walking by!) 

If I don't will they shoot me? I've got a cracking tan from abroad, will that count against me? 

Didn't see any armed police inside or out. I thought I should seek a bit of reassurance, just to be safe, couldn't find any security either. I checked the bars, the stalls, the stages; no visible presence of FGH (usual firm used, some good lads.... some), not even a patrol. Finally found them gathered at the places we're not supposed to go, what used to be a one man job was now a team affair. Even the entrances looked thin. Anyone know what that's all about?

4 hours ago, cincoveces05 said:

Didn't see any police inside at all, did see 1 police dog at the festival entrance on Friday, right cute thing he was.  Useless, but cute. 

Was that the young beige Labrador? 

There was two dogs as we went in. The first just constantly sniffed a young girl's bum. The Labrador just wanted to play with people. 

I never seen any police inside at all. I didn't see any incidents that they were required. 

We stayed in Great Holmes. Other that the steward standing on the door of the campervans there wasn't much security either. I did on numerous occasions go through to the campervan area to use their toilets. I wasn't asked for a campervan wrist band. 

We didn't have any trouble, but a few of the tents near us didn't fill me with confidence. There was a right idiot who launched a large bottle full of pee across a few tents. 

I feel sorry for the clean up staff as there was lots of people leaving everything. The tents behind us didn't even bother with a bin bag all weekend. We did take all of our stuff. I can't pretend I wasn't knackered after going from Great Holmes to the red car park. 

I'll look out for the line up next year and plan better if we are going to travel down again.

Edited by Peanutsinger

I saw a fair few armed coppers and dogs! We came in Thursday evening, around 5, security were doing a ok job, as good as any festival checking peoples bags, and Bob the spaniel was doing a good job too! Friday we went back to the car and the security dog was doing the rounds again, but can’t remember if I saw as many security persons checking. Sunday we did another morning trip to and from the car and there were a couple of armed police dotted about the entrance. I felt safe at Kendal but have to agree the security could have been netter. The ones getting into the arena were crap – worked it to my advantage to get some cans in though! I think they need some fire towers with more security on them in the campsites!