Australia Festivals

alan_ts

@alan_ts

Festivals in Australia have taken a big hit over the past few years. Soundwave, Stereosonic, Big Day Out and Future have all been discontinued. They're quite a fickle bunch over there and poor ticket sales was given as the root cause. It's a shame because all of those I mentioned were a lot of fun, if a little bit too hot (Soundwave in Adelaide and Laneways in 2015 both reached 42c)

If I remember correctly, most of the good ones took place in late summer (February/March) but I'm sure there are some cool, smaller regional festivals. I went to one on Rottnest Island, WA in late 2015 called RottoFest. No big names but a great location. 

Stereosonic was fun if you like electronic music (mostly EDM though) and that was over a weekend in November across the country but as I said, they cancelled after 2016. Whether they resurrected in another form I'm not sure.

Laneways Festival is very good and they tour most of the major cities in Australia but I think it's in February.

Field Day is on New Year's Day in Sydney and there's a usually an Origin NYE event in Perth.

Don't know how recent this article is but you could do some searches from it: https://www.jonesaroundtheworld.com/30-music-festivals-in-australia-to-experience-before-you-die/

34 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

@alan_ts

Festivals in Australia have taken a big hit over the past few years. Soundwave, Stereosonic, Big Day Out and Future have all been discontinued. They're quite a fickle bunch over there and poor ticket sales was given as the root cause. It's a shame because all of those I mentioned were a lot of fun, if a little bit too hot (Soundwave in Adelaide and Laneways in 2015 both reached 42c)

If I remember correctly, most of the good ones took place in late summer (February/March) but I'm sure there are some cool, smaller regional festivals. I went to one on Rottnest Island, WA in late 2015 called RottoFest. No big names but a great location. 

Stereosonic was fun if you like electronic music (mostly EDM though) and that was over a weekend in November across the country but as I said, they cancelled after 2016. Whether they resurrected in another form I'm not sure.

Laneways Festival is very good and they tour most of the major cities in Australia but I think it's in February.

Field Day is on New Year's Day in Sydney and there's a usually an Origin NYE event in Perth.

Don't know how recent this article is but you could do some searches from it: https://www.jonesaroundtheworld.com/30-music-festivals-in-australia-to-experience-before-you-die/

Super! Thank you

• 3 months later...