Best Mainstage Day ?

ramragon

Best main stage day ?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. looking at the main stage splits whats everyones opinions on the best days music for you ? and is there any day your not fussed about ? {ive only listed the top 4 on the card !)

• Thu - Franz, Happy Mondays, Frightened Rabbit, British Sea Power
    • Fri - Stereophonics, Jake Bugg, Circa Waves, DMA's
    • Sat - Manics, Brian Wilson, Editors, Feeder
    • Sun - Tinie, Frank Turner, Seasick Steve, Slaves

Saturday is the strongest day for my personal music taste

Manics are one of my all time favourite bands, Brian Wilson is a living legend and they are ably supported by Feeder, Editors, Reverend and the Makers who are all bands I've enjoyed at festivals before plus up coming acts like white.

There's strong acts away from the main stage too so its a bad day for clashes but I will be drunk so I wont worry about them too much on the day

Friday (seen the top 2 a number of times and never been disappointed) closely followed by Saturday (only seen Feeder before).

Thursday looks good but I found Franz boring when I saw them at Glasto.

After that, it's a close call between Wednesday and Monday.

21 hours ago, ramragon said:

Thursday and Saturday looking pretty good to me, Sunday looks like a tour of other stages !

snap.

My fave band  BSP and a band i've always wanted to see at kendal FF and now the happy mondays as a bonus!

saturday is great just for Brian

im going home sunday! ha

Also....

Is there a reason that Tinie Tempah is headlining the Sunday night even though Frank Turner is above him on the Kendal Calling Line Up.

I thought the higher you were on the line up the more chance of being the main headliner?!? 

47 minutes ago, robskyd said:

buy the programme. 

There you have it...hit the nail on the head. Why would they give you something for free when they can withhold and charge you for it?

Plus, I can remember one year where the times on the lanyards were less than 100% accurate...you only got to know the exact running order by reviewing the A4 printed sheets stuck somewhere around the individual stage areas.

1 hour ago, robskyd said:

Hi there,

How accurate is the Clash finder? It's one of my bugbears that KC don't release anything official and you only get the day and stage times when you buy the programme. 

Anyone who tries to do a clashfindet has my full respect, tried a few times in the past, there's nothing quick about them and a lot of guess work involved. At the minute it isn't accurate, however it does state that, as the festival gets closer they may put more work in to it or it may get abandoned, who knows 

3 hours ago, Mr_Grump said:

I've done a Spotify playlist for the highlights of Main Stage for Sunday if anyone is interested...

Ah ha! Funny! Sunday is best for me -.Seasick and Slaves are a rock'n'blues'and punk blast, and I could sing along to Frank all night. Stereophonics? 2 good songs (tin hat on).

1 hour ago, RichDevoto said:

Ah ha! Funny! Sunday is best for me -.Seasick and Slaves are a rock'n'blues'and punk blast, and I could sing along to Frank all night. Stereophonics? 2 good songs (tin hat on).

Each to their own fella, each to their own lol

In my opinion, Seasick Steve is one of those 'trendy' singers, the type where people listen to him because their mates say they're good and due to the fact he can make his own guitars out of rubbish.

Having grown up in the late 70s/early 80s, Slaves are far from proper punk...they just want to scream & shout along.

And as for singing along to Frank all night, you must have very early nights as he's got bugger all of a back catalogue!

I have to agree with you about Stereophonics having 2 good songs. However, you missed off "...on each of their 6 number one albums"!! :rofl: