TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

On 15/03/2018 at 6:02 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Think that’s the same set I saw last year. Don’t think they mix the set list up at all.

There’s still a few bangers missing - One Vision, You’re My Best Friend, Flash

Princes of the Universe

The Prophets Song

Gimme The Prize

Bad ASS tunes all missing. [Sorry for dragging this up, just felt it needing saying ha ha]

• 2 weeks later...

I'm off to Glasgow for The Killers on 9th July. As Jessie Ware, Friendly Fires, Chvrches & Franz are all my favourites, I am now wondering if any of these artists will clash?

I know nothing will be on the same time as The Killers (assuming), but from going to BST a couple times I know I've had to pick between artists or do a halfy half as they played the same time.

Can anyone remember from last year?

1 minute ago, betharm said:

I'm off to Glasgow for The Killers on 9th July. As Jessie Ware, Friendly Fires, Chvrches & Franz are all my favourites, I am now wondering if any of these artists will clash?

I know nothing will be on the same time as The Killers (assuming), but from going to BST a couple times I know I've had to pick between artists or do a halfy half as they played the same time.

Can anyone remember from last year?

Nope, all of those artists are on the main stage so you'll be fine!  On this link top poster is main stage and bottom poster is 2nd stage: http://trnsmtfest.com/lineup/poster

On 04/04/2018 at 9:11 PM, King_Salmon123 said:

What are the chances of more day tickets being released for the days that are sold out?

They'll have a stock of 5 day tickets they are trying to flog. When they don't they'll convert them to day tickets but you'll need to keep checking for when that is.

• 2 weeks later...

Last year stayed I stayed with friends who live nearby but they’re not going this year.

Did anyone go last year and come back to Edinburgh after it? Going go see the Killers this year and torn between staying the night or getting the last train through. Just not sure about the logics of getting to the train station within enough time if we stay until the end!

thanks!

19 minutes ago, LustForLeith said:

Last year stayed I stayed with friends who live nearby but they’re not going this year.

Did anyone go last year and come back to Edinburgh after it? Going go see the Killers this year and torn between staying the night or getting the last train through. Just not sure about the logics of getting to the train station within enough time if we stay until the end!

thanks!

They have a coach service which goes back to Edinburgh setting off at 23:40. I imagine that's after the curfew or it wouldn't be much use. I know people were caught out by Radiohead finishing about midnight last year but they'll have realised what a ballsup that was, plus that was a Friday.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They have a coach service which goes back to Edinburgh setting off at 23:40. I imagine that's after the curfew or it wouldn't be much use. I know people were caught out by Radiohead finishing about midnight last year but they'll have realised what a ballsup that was, plus that was a Friday.

There is also a 24hr Glasgow-Edinburgh bus service run by Citylink. The bus station is 20mins walk from Glasgow Green. May be a cheaper option than the festival coach. 

Just now, tolywoly said:

There is also a 24hr Glasgow-Edinburgh bus service run by Citylink. The bus station is 20mins walk from Glasgow Green. May be a cheaper option than the festival coach. 

You're right. The TRNSMT coach is Citylink but that's £20 one-way. The coach leaving Glasgow Buchanan Street 19 mins later, also Citylink as you say, is £7.90 one-way. That's pretty cheeky. :lol:

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

You're right. The TRNSMT coach is Citylink but that's £20 one-way. The coach leaving Glasgow Buchanan Street 19 mins later, also Citylink as you say, is £7.90 one-way. That's pretty cheeky. :lol:

Festival premium. It's probably a worse coach too :lol:

Edited by tolywoly

9 hours ago, IbizaPrincess said:

Hey, can anyone recommend anywhere to stay Friday night? Staying at my mates Dads Sat/Sun but we thought we would stay in town Friday night to save messing around, any suggestions?

Cheers!

There is a Euro Hostel about 5 mins walk down the river from the Green. Decent (cheap ) bar in there but you`ve maybe missed the boat. Premier Inn 5 mins walk ( other side of the river ) but again might be fully booked and / or expensive now.

Other options Hostel wise around the City but a bit further away. If you book somewhere for cheapness away from Glasgow, look out for train times as service is rubbish after about 11pm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

There is a Euro Hostel about 5 mins walk down the river from the Green. Decent (cheap ) bar in there but you`ve maybe missed the boat. Premier Inn 5 mins walk ( other side of the river ) but again might be fully booked and / or expensive now.

Other options Hostel wise around the City but a bit further away. If you book somewhere for cheapness away from Glasgow, look out for train times as service is rubbish after about 11pm.

Cheers!

I’ll have a look and see what I can see.

Id rather book a hotel than leave early or rely on public transport!

On 26/04/2018 at 9:01 AM, Comfy Bean said:

Legend thanks!  Managed to get in a reasonable Travelodge - assumed everything would be full by now. Thanks for the advice :)

On 26/04/2018 at 9:01 AM, Comfy Bean said:

On 4/26/2018 at 12:46 PM, LustForLeith said:

Cheers!

I’ll have a look and see what I can see.

Id rather book a hotel than leave early or rely on public transport!

Quick update on this.

Decided on Fraz>Chvrches >killers on the Sunday.

Got a room at Premiere Inn down the river across from Hydro. £43 which seems fair.

24 minutes ago, LG X said:

Hi all, will be my first time at the festival... was wondering what security is like. I've seen stuff about security being shit but also heard they have metal scanners?? Any feedback would be appreciated.

I went two days last year. The Friday which was radiohead day was quite quiet when I entered and i got a pretty thorough pat down and they also used metal scanners. The Saturday which was a sell out i entered at quite a busy time they skipped the pat down and scanners for me. I think if you went at a busier time you'd avoid being searched if your smuggling festival sweets or anything like that