TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

For me personally The Killers' line-up is the best day by miles. I am actually spooked by how all my faves have ended up on the same day, I think my flat is bugged.

Anyway.. I got a VIP ticket. Anyone here done that before? Is it any good? The website details include 'acoustic performances', will this be from one of the main stage acts do we reckon.

1 hour ago, betharm said:

For me personally The Killers' line-up is the best day by miles. I am actually spooked by how all my faves have ended up on the same day, I think my flat is bugged.

Anyway.. I got a VIP ticket. Anyone here done that before? Is it any good? The website details include 'acoustic performances', will this be from one of the main stage acts do we reckon.

I'm pretty sure it was just a piano bar in the VIP area last year.

Essentially it's just an area with smaller bar queues and toilet queues than the main arena.

13 minutes ago, Stuart1000 said:

Heard they’re offering Golden Circle tickets for the Queen date. I presume this is to offset some of the fee that Queen are bound to demand, but hope this doesn’t set a precedent for future years.

Yeah a bit disappointed they’ve gone down that route. More like a Queen one off date than a part of a festival. 

On 06/03/2018 at 1:33 PM, devilman said:

It's now highly possible that I will be there for Queen Friday. I'll only just be back from Ramblin Man but what the hell, there's no pockets in shrouds.

Absolutely. Work to live not the reverse

Wont be a need, this day will sell very well, downside is that i think we'll get quite a few that'll want to roll up late in the day for just Texas & Queen so could be a bit quiet rest of the day.

Agree with the above comments re paid-for golden circle, think it always kills the atmosphere a bit.  Will be interesting to see how they do it on the day (need some extra barriers for that, compared to last year).

ta, D

33 minutes ago, euando said:

anyone think there's a possibility in them releasing more day tickets (specifically for the 1st) when the tickets come out tomorrow? very naively hoping but just wanted to see what others thought

When weekend tickets don't sell out they'll release more day tickets for LG and AM probably.

• Like 1

Anyone know fro last year if the VIP tickets were worth it? Were the VIP bars any quieter/quicker to get served?

Edit: Just went for regular tickets for Queen. Well, Golden Circle ones seeing as they were only £15 more (despite the hypocrite that makes me). 

Edited by Tartan_Glasto

23 hours ago, MinionDave said:

Wont be a need, this day will sell very well, downside is that i think we'll get quite a few that'll want to roll up late in the day for just Texas & Queen so could be a bit quiet rest of the day.

Reckon you'll get a sizeable chunk in for The Darkness; the ideal Queen-aping support act if there ever was one.

Might sound like a bold claim but if this wasn't in Scotland, I could see Texas and The Darkness swapping spaces on the bill. The latter are probably a more natural lead-in and entertaining warm-up for Q+AL's brand of overblown pomp and circumstance (which I mean as the highest of compliments :D)

6 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Anyone know fro last year if the VIP tickets were worth it? Were the VIP bars any quieter/quicker to get served?

Edit: Just went for regular tickets for Queen. Well, Golden Circle ones seeing as they were only £15 more (despite the hypocrite that makes me). 

I considered Gold Circle but thought that any GC in central Glasgow is probably just prime cannon fodder for the "beer" cup missiles.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, judyblue110 said:

I considered Gold Circle but thought that any GC in central Glasgow is probably just prime cannon fodder for the "beer" cup missiles.

Haha yeah possibly! My thinking is that I can stand towards the back of the golden circle area so I can have a bit of space while still not being too far from the stage. Although I know some other folk that now may be going and they're not going to get GC tickets so I may not even use the GC area when it comes to it!

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I was only there on the Radiohead night and the bars and toilets were all pretty quiet........but then the whole place seemed pretty empty.  In fact based on that I'm a bit surprised it's even going ahead this year.

I was at the Radiohead day and it was really quiet don't think it sold well but the kasabian day was twice as busy, hour long bar queues and was a sell out thats why Trnsmt is still going and they've already sold out two days already and I'm predicting the killers day to sell out and Queen day to sell well

Radiohead last year they struggled to get 35k in for it and a lot were leaving early, technically a great band but did not do it for me live.

Kasabian was a sellout at 50K and most stayed to the end, happy to finally actually see then at the 5th attempt.

ta, D