TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

9 minutes ago, Claire96 said:

Completely agree. It's not like they have a huge amount of time to unload 5 day tickets. Very very strange. Unless they've not finalised the final headliner, which would be ridiculous at this point in time, or they're a huge act that's going to sell a shitload of tickets in a short period of time.

It's DF that run trnsmt and I wouldn't hold out any hope of a massive name being announced. Years of waiting for big announcements for T have made me cynical 

24 minutes ago, King_Salmon123 said:

Gorillaz maybe?

Didn’t fill The Hydro in November. I don’t think DF promoted that show either which makes them more doubtful.

Catfish/Stormzy co-headline is my prediction. Mainly because it’s completely out there but it’s the sort of thing I could see DF getting away with (and selling a shedload of tickets for).

1 hour ago, thelemon said:

In terms of accommodation, what would be the cheapest/best value for money option? Cheap hotel/hostel I'm assuming? I'm going to assume prices get put up as well to capitalise on the festival, anywhere do it cheap?

There's a new hotel being built across the road from me, a Radisson Red. Should be open by then. No idea what prices will be like though. 

@thelemeon (Sorry cant quote on this device). I booked flights to Glasgow for the second weekend (Thurs-Mon) as I'm staying quite far outside the city. Easyjet recommended some hotels that were in the price range of £400-£700 for 4 nights. There were cheaper options, which were most likely further outside of Glasgow. I just checked airBNB briefly, and it looked like there were some good options around the £50 a night mark.

12 hours ago, harryomatic said:

You'd imagine that with BBC's Biggest weekend in May, Electric Fields in September, and now this in July, we can 100% count Noel Gallagher out of the last TRNSMT headline slot.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/noel-gallagher-to-bring-high-flying-birds-to-edinburgh-castle-1-4693154

Playing the Hydro in April too :lol:

5 hours ago, Threestripes said:

Why???

I think it’s between them and chase and status for the last headliner.

Was asking if anyone knew if they had been. The fact they have dates around then has had me hoping. Glad At least someone else thinks that too. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2018 at 9:19 PM, Stuart1000 said:

Didn’t fill The Hydro in November. I don’t think DF promoted that show either which makes them more doubtful.

Catfish/Stormzy co-headline is my prediction. Mainly because it’s completely out there but it’s the sort of thing I could see DF getting away with (and selling a shedload of tickets for).

I think this makes a lot of sense, neither of them have any Scottish dates this year.