TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

9 minutes ago, Chiefski said:

Could well be Florence and the Machine, just confirmed for Bilbao a week or two after

She’s headling BBK on Thursday 12 July. I’d guess that with Transmit looking for a headliner for the 6th of July,  FATM is a fair bet and probably the most logical guess

34 minutes ago, Red Day said:

She’s headling BBK on Thursday 12 July. I’d guess that with Transmit looking for a headliner for the 6th of July,  FATM is a fair bet and probably the most logical guess

Pretty disappointing tbh. That day would need a strong undercard to sell well.

12 minutes ago, mazza7 said:

Pretty disappointing tbh. That day would need a strong undercard to sell well.

I’d agree. I think the whole line up this year is so predictable with a recycling of the usual suspect from T.  I booked hotel rooms for both weekends, more in hope than expectation. Thankfully I could cancel and have already done that with exception of 6th July. If it’s Flo then that room will be cancelled as well. 

41 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Florence + the Machine would be good I think.

I could see a main stage like this:
Florence + The Machine
Bastille / Alt-J /  Lorde
Rag n Bone Man
Everything Everything
Pvris
Portugal. The Man / Fickle Friends

I'd get a ticket for that.

Rag n Bone man and Everything Everything where in similar spots last year, I wouldn't mind a female topped Friday tbf

Florence and the Machine

Lorde

HAIM

Then a few other acts

7 minutes ago, Chiefski said:

Rag n Bone man and Everything Everything where in similar spots last year, I wouldn't mind a female topped Friday tbf

Florence and the Machine

Lorde

HAIM

Then a few other acts

Aye but RnBman is up a bit and would be a decent ticket seller, and EE have released a new album since then, and are always a decent festival shout.

If it's not Florence, I'm struggling to think of who else it could be. They can't be holding off this long to announce the final headliner if it's not someone that's gonna gain a lot of attention. And before Muse confirmed they weren't doing any UK shows this summer, it was between them & Florence I think?

34 minutes ago, Claire96 said:

If it's not Florence, I'm struggling to think of who else it could be. They can't be holding off this long to announce the final headliner if it's not someone that's gonna gain a lot of attention. And before Muse confirmed they weren't doing any UK shows this summer, it was between them & Florence I think?

Pretty much, 

There’s a very small chance that it will be Green Day, but I highly doubt it

may also be Panic at the disco or someone like that but I don’t think so

Sorry to Interupt this thread, but I’ve been looking at TRNSMT due to the killers playing. The second weekend... is it on on the Saturday?? On the website it doesn’t mention Saturday but Fridays has TBC. I’m finding it strange it’s on on Friday and Sunday but not Sat!? Is this usual for them? 

5 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Sorry to Interupt this thread, but I’ve been looking at TRNSMT due to the killers playing. The second weekend... is it on on the Saturday?? On the website it doesn’t mention Saturday but Fridays has TBC. I’m finding it strange it’s on on Friday and Sunday but not Sat!? Is this usual for them? 

Killers on the Sunday. There is music on the Saturday but it's through the Glasgow streets, and it'll be bald, middle-aged men singing about things that happened 400 years ago.

• Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Killers on the Sunday. There is music on the Saturday but it's through the Glasgow streets, and it'll be bald, middle-aged men singing about things that happened 400 years ago.

Thanx Jonesy. I love the killers and chvrches but not sure I want to travel up for a one day event. I’m on holiday the weekend before too. I appreciate you answering 

13 hours ago, Claire96 said:

You're going to continue to struggle 

14 hours ago, Claire96 said:

When did Muse confirm that they won't be doing UK shows this summer?
Thanks

Edited by konnos92