TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

On 2/4/2018 at 1:49 PM, tori1607 said:

Thoughts on catfish and the bottlemen as the Friday headliners or too small? They've announced some pretty big shows during the summer with nothing in Scotland so far. 

I fancied them to announce them playing at the SWG3 Galvanizers Yard when the Newcastle show was announced but sadly not. Will have to settle for seeing LCD Soundsystem their.

7 minutes ago, Cocky19 said:

I fancied them to announce them playing at the SWG3 Galvanizers Yard when the Newcastle show was announced but sadly not. Will have to settle for seeing LCD Soundsystem their.

Catfish are far too popular for Galvanizers Yard they sold out the SECC on their last album tour and i think they'll comfortably sell out the hydro on their next tour

42 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Catfish are far too popular for Galvanizers Yard they sold out the SECC on their last album tour and i think they'll comfortably sell out the hydro on their next tour

I think their next album could be important on how big they'll become, I'm not a massive fan but I quite liked their debut and as big as their second album was I think it was seen as a bit of a disappointment in comparison. I actually think they miss their original guitarist (who co-wrote most of the first album). 

3 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I think their next album could be important on how big they'll become, I'm not a massive fan but I quite liked their debut and as big as their second album was I think it was seen as a bit of a disappointment in comparison. I actually think they miss their original guitarist (who co-wrote most of the first album). 

Completely agree with you the debut album was brilliant start to finish. The ride kinda just felt like B sides. I think they need their next album to be different from the first two and their success really depends on their next album

15 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

Kasabian mk. II then?

I don't think their popularity will be impacted by a lack of quality. Otherwise, y'know...

Could totally see them headlining this if there's a new album out. I think they were clearly a replacement/afterthought at APE Presents so same could go for this. And it'd do alright I reckon, would be surprised if it sold the least anyway.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Kasabian mk. II then?

I don't think their popularity will be impacted by a lack of quality. Otherwise, y'know...

Could totally see them headlining this if there's a new album out. I think they were clearly a replacement/afterthought at APE Presents so same could go for this. And it'd do alright I reckon, would be surprised if it sold the least anyway.

Yeah like the crowd loved them at Trnsmt last year and if they had another good indie pop support act it would sell pretty well

Just now, Mattymooz said:

I've heard both Muse and Florence's name been thrown around. Whoever it is is playing Rock Wertcher too as both are holding a headliner back still

TRNSMT and Werchter's are both missing headliners for the same day so it's not an act playing both. Those two are probably the biggest they could get at this point.