TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

I could have at least taken Snow Patrol. Thought they were fine at T in 2012 and enjoyed them. Fucked off from Mumfords after 20 minutes a year later.

Watched about 10 minutes of Snow Patrol myself and got bored. Went to check out Tinie Tempah and he was just as bad. Was not a great evening for me. Mastodon were meant to be in Transmissions but pulled out the week before 

46 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Watched about 10 minutes of Snow Patrol myself and got bored. Went to check out Tinie Tempah and he was just as bad. Was not a great evening for me. Mastodon were meant to be in Transmissions but pulled out the week before 

They were probably thinking "what the fuck are we doing there?" and thought better of it.

EDIT: Oddly, they'd probably looked a bit more fitting the year before given the mixture on that one.

Edited by DomDom1984
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

They were probably thinking "what the fuck are we doing there?" and thought better of it.

EDIT: Oddly, they'd probably looked a bit more fitting the year before given the mixture on that one.

Yeah that's what I thought - booked on the diversity of 2011 and then saw the 2012 lineup and thought we don't fit in here

On 22/01/2018 at 8:20 PM, dentalplan said:

Ah yeah it does seem a little small for Lightbody and the lads.

I dunno really, I only remembered it today when looking for TRNSMT articles and finding one about it. I heard The Jam and Cream were on the table for this Scone Festival. ha ha ha

Looked into this and found some quotes about it from the yer man Melvin Benn here

"middle of the road music" maybe Snow Patrol are a good fit here after all

40 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Think it'd be good to see him given a punt at a proper festival even if he's not really my bag. Thought that the last time he played T he'd have been a great choice of headliner but wound up behind Calvin Harris.

Put on the radio the other day and new shoes was playing. Made me think of it.

He sold out summer sessions a few years ago so think he's big enough in Scotland for it. Must be due a new album this year.

enjoyed him at rockness in 2009 I think it was. Pulled it of well.

25 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The View

</runs>

they would be perfect for Sat 30th - Liam Gallagher > Courteeners > The View  -  keep all the fighting/flares to the one day.

As an aside the only show-stop I've ever seen was at a The View gig.....

Paolo Nutini would be a good add, always enjoyed his gigs and he puts on a good show, no idea what he's doing this summer.

ta, D